Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Enthusiast
    Exactly.
    Some religions like Islam believe in Jesus, and the Bible. But they also believe in Moses, Muhammad, etc. so it'd probably not affect them at all, in faith I mean.
    But I see your point. Say if you are athiest, and Jesus came up to you and told you, in SA's words , "I r jesus, worshp me kk? oh nd bibul is totale real so foloh it k???" people would follow Christianity. But is that solid proof? How do you know how Jesus looks, the paintings probably aren't acurate. Even If you had solid proof how can you know God (if you believe) can't be testing you? You wouldn't, God wouldn't make something so obvious. God would test your faith. "You can't believe everything the human eye sees."
    Insert Blank

Quote Originally Posted by SA
    But if the reall Jesus did walk up to any of usand say "I r jesus, worshp me kk? oh nd bibul is totale real so foloh it k???" We'd all become Christians, obviously.
    Well, thats not really true. Sice Jesus, umm, did do that! back when he was here last time. However, people don't believe him. :]) And the next time Jesus comes, he will not tell the non-believers that he exists, since he would just be repeating himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Smoothe
    Exactly.
    Some religions like Islam believe in Jesus, and the Bible. But they also believe in Moses, Muhammad, etc. so it'd probably not affect them at all, in faith I mean.
    That kind of what Im trying to say, but a bit different. The Jews would probably believe Jesus the second time, if he came to save them. However, I dont think the Islam people, or the Hindu, or other Pagans would, because they have been taught basically the opposite of what God tells us to believe.

So I dont think that if Jesus came again that it would have much of an affect.

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Smoothe
    How do you know how Jesus looks, the paintings probably aren't acurate.
    That's a good point. Jesus is usually portrayed as a blue eyed white guy with dirty-blond hair, but where he was born suggests he'd look more like Osama Bin Laden ) .

But I still think that, IF IT REALLY WAS JESUS (a damn big 'if'), he would do something to prove it. It\s not just 'worship me k?'; 'o rly, jesus? kool' If he;s amazing he would do something to make himself known.

I'm with SA though, this will never happen anyway.

[add me @ jjknox@gmail.com]

Fanatic Enthusiast

I wouldn't, because all of the stuff being physically *there* in the bible directly negates my feelings toward religion.

the only thing i dont agree with about religion is worship, getting down on your knees, ect.

so if religion was proven physically i would be even more apathetic
    Elite Forgotten

THat's the test. WHy did god put us here in the first place? Because he was bored? Because he needed fulfill his own entertainment? Why did he put us here? If it were as easy as him coming down and saying, "believe in me", and all that jazz, then why did he put us here? It's a test. A test of whether or not, when given the chance, we would follow him without absolute knowledge he exists. THat's why wer're here...a test...or at least that's what I think.
    I'm gay.

Enthusiast

Woah this is a pretty big bump, too bad I don't have my mod powers yet. Someone should lock this.
    Brent says:
    ohhh babyyyyy
    Brent says:
    immm backkkkkk
    Darren says:
    *wipes it off*

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12