Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Over population

Over population

I've seen a lot of post about over population and how were all going to die from it. But is it a real threat to humanity? Please note that if you want population to increase you need to have more than two children.

Discuss.

Re: Over population

Over population cant be stoped, but , ya, idont think we will die from it, we will find some solution to the lack of food....i hope
    [img]http://**********.com/img/1268322832.jpg[/img]
    Your warning level: [ 9000!!! ]Nevik does NOT have a thread D:
    [spoiler:29uah0n9][img]http://**********.com/img/1270657056.gif[/img][/spoiler:29uah0n9]

Yes, overpopulation will kill us all someday. The lack of food will cause most of us to die of starvation.
    "The Good Book once said, 'Moses spoke thus to the people of Israel, but they did not listen to Moses, because of their broken spirit and harsh slavery.'

This is irrelevant, but it still rings true, I guess?"

Well it's extremely hard to calculate all the deaths that would occur in one day all over the world and then calculate the number of newborns that are born and then compare the two numbers.
    Based on 2009 tests, the population is 6,790,000,000, and it was 6,700,000,000 in 2008, so it's safe to assume that humans are reproducing at quite a fast rate. The birth rate is about 20 births/1,000 population while the death rate is 8 deaths/1,000 population. But you have to take into consideration changes, such as life expectancy rate, which has increased worldwide in the past years.
    This site has quite a lot of information, if you didn't already know about it.
    https://www.cia.gov/library/publication ... os/xx.html
    [center:hn9zn80r][/center:hn9zn80r]

its a bleak outlook, but if there is a point where there is an overpopulation, then the excess will starve, causing a smaller amount. eventually, there would be a certain range and extent of people that could survive. We have not reached it yet, but maybe by 2030.
    my thread. / Lovely Art <3 / DD ranks

You can pm me for a comment on your thread.
    I'm always up for a good joint.

New Lunar Republic Princess Luna's Avatar

I was thinking about making this thread.
    Anyway, there are very many more people on Earth and is increasing rapidly. Of course, it's wrong to kill people to control population. The population will eventually will not have enough food to feed everyone. This is likely lead to war so that the people can survive. When this happens, the army will need fuel for the vehicles and other things and that will change the atmosphere. If the worldwide temperature rises by 1-2 degrees, many of the farms in the tropic and subtropic areas will be unusable which will lead to even less food for the increasing population. All (Or many) countries will be closed so that they could keep the food for themselves. They would probably consider killing trespasser who wants to do good for the family. Everyone will struggle to survive in the harsh conditions.

Spoiler:
    Late-2006 - Started using Pivot.
    6 Apr/2010 - Became intermediate by winning the Best Beginner on DarkDemon contest.
    12 Aug/2011 - Returned to Beginner rank.
    20 Oct/2012 - Returned to DarkDemon.

No. You think people will sit by and share rations equally up until the point where there's nothing else to share? of course not! Anyone even slightly intelligent would realise that it's silly for everyone to die rather than the majority, and most likely use their advantages for themselves rather than help others..

IE, a war over resources which in turn will lower the population.
    [center:13w2rfcr]My Thread (updated 26/1/11!)[/center:13w2rfcr][center:13w2rfcr][/center:13w2rfcr] [center:13w2rfcr]Skype: lucienpicto[/center:13w2rfcr][center:13w2rfcr]Steam: _picto[/center:13w2rfcr]
    Quote Originally Posted by StargateSG
    But tell me, what is homo love?

It would not lead to us all dieing... there is a maximum capacity that this planet can sustain, and once we reach that number, the population will start to level out, or even decrease.
    [center:hn9zn80r][/center:hn9zn80r]

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper
    It would not lead to us all dieing... there is a maximum capacity that this planet can sustain, and once we reach that number, the population will start to level out, or even decrease.
    Most likely decrease though, because resources would eventually decrease too.
    "The Good Book once said, 'Moses spoke thus to the people of Israel, but they did not listen to Moses, because of their broken spirit and harsh slavery.'

This is irrelevant, but it still rings true, I guess?"

Overpopulation is unlikely, unless we lived in a more confined area. With a lot of the world opening its borders and becoming stable economic and political states, there will be a lot of places to go.
    [img]http://**********.com/img/1257912124.png[/img]

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast