Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
    New Lunar Republic Princess Luna's Avatar

Graveyards/Cemetaries

Do you think they're really necessary to have?
    I don't really have a side to favor. I do find it's a bit of a waste of space to havebut if you just pile the bodies on top of one another, it's not respectful.Do you think Graveyards/Cemetaries are necessary? Or how about coffins?I was just thinking about this one day.

Spoiler:
    Late-2006 - Started using Pivot.
    6 Apr/2010 - Became intermediate by winning the Best Beginner on DarkDemon contest.
    12 Aug/2011 - Returned to Beginner rank.
    20 Oct/2012 - Returned to DarkDemon.

Re: Graveyards/Cemetaries

You need a place to dump all the bodies, and not to mention that humans are emotional beings, and we still respect our deceased after they die, and don't just let their bodies rot on the streets or throw them in the garbage dump... If you want to bury your relatives, go ahead. If you want to incinerate them, go ahead.
    [center:hn9zn80r][/center:hn9zn80r]

Some people have different wants, different opinions, and different beliefs. Some people believe the best way is to pay respect is to bury their loves ones. Other find it that's it the only way they can get into the after life. And some people want to be buried just because they like the earth.

Also, as cruel as it may sound, churches need money, so by providing a service they can earn money, and keep their place of worship up and running.

Quote Originally Posted by Predator
    Do you think they're really necessary to have?
    I don't really have a side to favor. I do find it's a bit of a waste of space to havebut if you just pile the bodies on top of one another, it's not respectful.Do you think Graveyards/Cemetaries are necessary?I was just thinking about this one day.
    Do you have any deceased relatives that are buried in graveyards?

I don't really give a shit. It helps the ecosystem, in the way that maggots thrive off of dead bodies. I'm going to donate my body to science. It's not like I need it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahgro
    Quote Originally Posted by Noob
    Son of a bitch!
    You called?
    OMG! What a Chomp!

I don't find graveyards to be a waste of space, it is a way for the living to honour the dead. Also, where else will we dump dead bodies? I don't think you can just bury them in your backyard.
    [center:1h4aebo3]
    You want to know the difference.. between a weak burger, and a burger that has STRENGTH?
    [/center:1h4aebo3]

I've never been one for any kind of formalities.. I um, yeah, I think it's a waste of space. When I die (if my body is still intact) I certainly want my organs and anything of use to well, go to use. I don't care if it's 'disrespectful', I'll be dead. Letting others in need of organ transplants die in the name of formality and respect to ones who can no longer appreciate that respect is silly.

It's also better than rotting away.
    [center:13w2rfcr]My Thread (updated 26/1/11!)[/center:13w2rfcr][center:13w2rfcr][/center:13w2rfcr] [center:13w2rfcr]Skype: lucienpicto[/center:13w2rfcr][center:13w2rfcr]Steam: _picto[/center:13w2rfcr]
    Quote Originally Posted by StargateSG
    But tell me, what is homo love?

Quote Originally Posted by Liam
    I don't find graveyards to be a waste of space, it is a way for the living to honour the dead. Also, where else will we dump dead bodies? I don't think you can just bury them in your backyard.

It's called incineration. You can keep your relatives in a jar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahgro
    Quote Originally Posted by Noob
    Son of a bitch!
    You called?
    OMG! What a Chomp!