Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Fanatic Enthusiast

Teachers and respect.

I was wondering about this at school today, so I decided to post it here.

If teachers, at school, treat you with no respect whatsoever, is it wrong to treat them the same way? Most parents say to their children, "Treat others how you yourself wish to be treated." - or something along the lines of that. Anyway, its fine for a teacher to shout/scream/spaz out on you if you misbehave constantly, or at a number of times, but on other occasions teachers shout/scream/spaz out on you/other people for the most minute reasons. Basically, if a teacher genuinely dislikes you, and pretty much ignores you in class, or speaks to you in an inappropriate manner, is it reasonable for you to disrespect them back? Of course, in the end, anybody can/will put up a good argument against a teacher, and they just interrupt you halfway through, or just give you bullshit at the end of your sentence. Now I've just blabbered on a bit, so I'll say this again.

Basically, if a teacher genuinely dislikes you, and pretty much ignores you in class, or speaks to you in an inappropriate manner, is it reasonable for you to disrespect them back?

Discuss.
    [center:276dk9et]:I[/center:276dk9et]

Veteran Enthusiast

Re: Teachers and respect.

I respect the person, not the profession, if I know the person in question personally.

I respect all of my teachers. It all depends on how you act first, because then you caused them to disrespect you first.

[center:akkfv4h7][/center:akkfv4h7]

[center:akkfv4h7]"Fuck off bitch, I've got legos to construct."[/center:akkfv4h7]

You are privileged to have such an abundant education system riddled with teachers and resources. You shouldn't disrespect something that is almost made to accommodate all your intellectual needs. That's unfairly abusing what's given to you, and overall selfish. Teachers usually go through much more work than the average student does and it should be natural for the student to respect that.

Even if teachers get pissy, they're still working hard for your betterment.
    [center:15cesajl]I'm gone, but I loved my time here. Thank you all for being such a great community![/center:15cesajl]

Veteran Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Chimaera
    They take time out of their life to impart wisdom upon you, telling you stuff that must bore them shitless because they know it off by heart and inside out, trying to give you a better future and long term life prospects, and you tease them?

Callinga teacher a paedophile is also an incredibly serious claim, you're jepordising his career for your fun.
    EDIT//
    Yeah, serious mood.
    God I love the past me.

What a beautiful perspective

How can you edit my posts without it appearing in the Logs!? D:

You may only see logs of the people your rank and below, so my actions are invisible to you c:

But I can see Admins actions, it's simply the editing of this post that isn't coming up!

I call witchcraft.

I don't respect teachers because they're teachers. If the teacher is an asshole or has not earned my respect, I will not respect him/her. Actually I had a run in with this today; my deputy head teacher thinks that I should respect him because he's my deputy head. I told him "no" and he got his panties in a bunch.

Fanatic Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Skype
    I don't respect teachers because they're teachers. If the teacher is an asshole or has not earned my respect, I will not respect him/her. Actually I had a run in with this today; my deputy head teacher thinks that I should respect him because he's my deputy head. I told him "no" and he got his panties in a bunch.
    You're such a rebel.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleAnimator
    Quote Originally Posted by Skype
    You're such a rebel.
    You wish you had balls the size of mine.

I only have a problem with a few of my teachers. When they're rude to me I'm rude back. If they are nasty to you why should you be nice to them?

Click for my thread.^

It all depends on wether you have achieved their respect or not.

If you work hard in class, behave, there's no way teacher is going to spaz out with a relevant reason.
    I myself am alot more clever than the average students in my class, this earns more respect.
    [center:313vnxms]DarkIce -> Kultivate -> Xehanort > Ruben -> DarkIce -> ULTRA1337piv0tz[/center:313vnxms]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast