Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Whaling.

Whaling.

I couldnt find the old thread so i made a new one.

Is whaling really wrong?

Veteran Enthusiast

Re: Whaling.

I don't like it, but as long as the kill is done as quickly as possible and the whale is not one of the endangered species, I don't see why people should be robbed of their source of income.

Most whale species are endangered, and most of the time, it's those whales that are killed for more profit. I personally think whaling should be limited to each country, based on necessity, and not just simple profit.
    [center:hn9zn80r][/center:hn9zn80r]

Considering whales reproduce at an extremely slow rate I think it's wrong

Sperm whales have a population growth of like 1% a year if i remember correctly

If you don't know the guy on the other side of the world, love him anyway because he's just like you. He has the same dreams, the same hopes and fears. It's one world, pal. We're all neighbors.

Well, I have noticed that Iceland has been critizied for whaling. The current quota is 150 fin whales a year. I have seen some critism of this on websites like Greenpeace, and some blogs. I really dont see a difference between whales and other animals. Well except they have self avairness to a certain extend i belive. Please note that fin whales are not endangered in the area where the whalers hunt(between Iceland and Greenland to be exact).

Veteran Enthusiast

Well that's stupid. We humans should be more innovative and more sensitive. I mean yeah, killing whales? For fun is fucking dumbshit. For resources is debatable. I still think it's wrong and stupid to kill whales. But what bad can come without them?

BTW: Did you know a certain group of people kill walruses for fun?
    [center:3jvto3gf]Merry Thread - mas![/center:3jvto3gf]
    [center:3jvto3gf][/center:3jvto3gf]
    [center:3jvto3gf]Lmao, Knock Out![/center:3jvto3gf]

Well if the whales are endangered, then they shouldn't be hunted, nor should they be hunted for fun. But if they aren't endangered and are being hunted for food, I really don't see what the problem is.
    Xbox Live: SchmittyBoss07 | Steam: SchmittyBoss | 3DS FC: 4141-3049-1601
    Feel free to add me, just let me know who you are.

Fanatic Enthusiast

On the other side of the world they're talking about if killing chickens and cows is wrong. It's all about your culture and the resources you have.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleAnimator
    On the other side of the world they're talking about if killing chickens and cows is wrong. It's all about your culture and the resources you have.
    However chickens and cows aren't endangered, while many whale species are.
    We breed the cows and chickens we slaughter ourselves, ensuring the population does not dwindle. Whaling relies on nature to restock the shelves, and for whales that takes quite a long time.

Apparently not all whale species are endangered, and I then concede that whaling in that case would not be problematic.
    However it's widely been observed that in many cases whaling fleets will capture and slaughter mostly any whales they come across, completely disregarding restrictions. The Japanese are especially notorious, because they're all tossers. As such, I contend that whaling is still largely a problem that is endangering many whale species.

This, of course, argues from the presupposition that losing species to extinction is a bad thing. I don't give a shit about whales, so I don't really give a crap.
    God, I would love to nuke Japan again just to be rid of all these fucking wapanese cunts.

Still killing an animal as a sports is wrong in all ways. What if you were hunted for the fun of it? Didn't think you like as well as me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast