Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Death is the essence of life

What are your views on death is the essence of life?

My views are that if an animal must kill another animal or plant to sustain their own life then yes this statement is correct from my point of view.

R.I.P Grace - 18 November 1997 - 14 March 2011

|PM Me |My Thread |Request a Move Up |Report a Rulebreaker |The Rules |

Veteran Enthusiast

Re: Death is the essence of life

If you can't die, you're not alive. Philosophically speaking, death is the prerequisite of life.

if we didn't die there would be 123345 (lol there would be way more but its just an example) old ppl wondering the streets and stuff THAT IS THE WHOLE PURPOSE OF REPRODUCTION to carry on life. LUL
    [center:247z4vme][/center:247z4vme]

thats kind of bollocks.

you dont have to be able to die in order to be alive at all. nor are you alive because your going to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkstalker
    thats kind of bollocks.

you dont have to be able to die in order to be alive at all. nor are you alive because your going to die.
    What? If you are "alive" then you need at one point to "die". Everything has an opposite side to it. You can't have good without evil as you can't have life without death. I'm not sure what you mean by death is the essence of life, but being alive is just one part of defining life...
    [center:hn9zn80r][/center:hn9zn80r]

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper
    What? If you are "alive" then you need at one point to "die". Everything has an opposite side to it. You can't have good without evil as you can't have life without death. I'm not sure what you mean by death is the essence of life, but being alive is just one part of defining life...
    That's a rather naive view. What's the opposite side to a dog?

As for death being the essence of life, in a sense it is. Life being finite gives what you do here on earth a lot more meaning. Knowing that one day it'll be over makes you think about what you're doing, and making sure you're making the best of the one shot you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Damon
    A cat, of course.

And,

"Death, a necessary end, will come when it will come."
    [center:1h4aebo3]
    You want to know the difference.. between a weak burger, and a burger that has STRENGTH?
    [/center:1h4aebo3]

Quote Originally Posted by Liam
    Quote Originally Posted by Damon
    A cat, of course.

And,

"Death, a necessary end, will come when it will come."
    A cat is not the logical opposite to a dog, you idiot, Cats and dogs are both small domesticated animals, and are popular pets. Generally people choose one or the other, and along with the fact cats and dogs often don´t get along well, the two are often poised as opposites. However without this constructed bias there is no logically obvious reason to say they´re opposites. I thought you people would understand that, but obviously I overestimated you.

All of this is besides the point, though. Let me just restate my question± What´s the opposite of a fire hydrant? What's the opposite of orange juice? What's the opposite of a closet? What's the opposite of a purse?
    Just because some states have opposites, doesn't mean all states have opposites. You've inferred the properties of a couple onto the whole.

The idea of 'opposites' is man made. Water is opposite to fire because they are mutually exclusive, you can't have fire and water in the same place either the fire will go out or the water will evaporate. There is no greater reason as to why they are considered to be 'opposites', that's just how we perceive them. So it's stupid to try and place everything into opposites as it simply won't work and it doesn't serve any purpose.

As for death being the essence of life, I guess it depends on how you define life and death. If anything life is the essence of death as you can't die without having first been alive. We don't know what death is and it's basically defined in terms of life: you're dead when you're no longer alive. So, as far as I'm concerned, life is the essence of death.
    [center:1hzoraxf][/center:1hzoraxf]

I was talking about actions and such... not physical objects. For example, the negative action of being alive would be its non existant form, which is death. They compel each other like good and evil or sleeping and being awake. One's negative state is part of what defines it.
    [center:hn9zn80r][/center:hn9zn80r]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast