Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Thread: Lip Sync

Enthusiast

Lip Sync

Ok here it is

Light moves at 300000000 m/s
    Speed moves at 340 m/s

If this is true then how come the mouth is syncronised with the sound? Shouldnt the mouth appear to be moving slightly faster than the Sound....Just wanted to hear your theories on this, Its been annoying me for a day and a bit now......

I had a theory about Image retention and that our brain holds the image of the mouth which allows the sounds to catch up with what we see...

Enthusiast

Hmm, i'm not really sure. Maybe the difference between the two is so small that you can't notice it just by looking.
    Brent says:
    ohhh babyyyyy
    Brent says:
    immm backkkkkk
    Darren says:
    *wipes it off*

Dedicated Member
    yeah, though it seems like a large distace, it's not enough to really make the lips look "off sync"

Enthusiast

-

Basicly what Espanyo said, you cant see the difference unless you slow mo it.

Well, I most probably will get banned for saying a lot of shit to Smashdood over MSN because the dear behated admins at darkdemon.org will not change my name which would probably take about 10 seconds or so but heh.

Enthusiast

Note that you have to be close to see someone's mouth, due to it's size. This makes it even harder to see a difference, because light and sound would gradually lose eachother if in a race, not instantly.

Sorry for sounding retarded, just had to say it.

Click here to find my latest old Pivot animations.
    Click here to find my good old Pivot animations.

I agree with all of the post up above, the change is just so instanious that it is not noticed. If you had a super strong high speed camera (can capture everything at high speed) you could probably see the difference.

Or if one person was on a mountian, and another person was on another mountain, and one person said something and the other person watched with a telescope, he might see the mouth moving before the sound hits him.[/list]

Fyreal: Ah. Now I should try that. It'd be like watching those Japanese films in English.