Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Dimensional Theory.

There are scientists out there, and mostly movies, that believe that the universe COULD just be one out of 10 different dimensions.

They say there is a dimension for 10 different universes, matters, creatures, and different elements that can sustane life. They say that this 'Dimension' needs water for life, but another one could use dirt and soil that is needed for multicellular organisms.

If this was to be proven true, would it help out technology any, do you think it would help us better understand the world we are in, or what? Do you think that the dimensions are something far to advance the mess with, since we can't even get out of our own galaxy with people aboard?

My opinion:
    I think that all of the dimensions are parrallel, but they can't see or touch each other, but could easily effect each other. They could cause things that we don't know about, that only that other dimension could form.

Discuss?

Re: Demensional Theory.

Ever heard of Quantum Physics? Part of it is the theory that everything that happens has millions
    of other possibilities. If you turn right, then good for you. You go right. But in doing so, you create
    a parallel universe where you turn left. And another, where you go straight, and even another, where
    you just stop, or turn back. See?

We could be one of ten "dimensions," or more then ten. But, we have our own 4 dimensional world here, our universe, and that should be enough for now. At least until we understand our own living place.
    I do believe there could be other universes, and that ours is just one of many, I'm actually a big
    fan of quantum physics... I just don't understand it very well.

In case you didn't know:
    • -1st dimension- X plane
      -2nd dimension- Y plane
      -3rd dimension- Z plane
      -4th dimension- Time

(and there could be more)

There is no concrete evidence or logic reasoning that makes this kind of reasoning the best acceptable answer. When this idea is substantiated past being an interesting concept I'll consider it.

Veteran Enthusiast

Pretty sure you're describing SuperString Theory, it's an interesting theory, but that's all it is in my opinion.

There's a chance one day we'll discover different dimensions, until then I find it hard to see how bpth String and SuperString Theory fit into our current "concrete" scientific model.

And for God's sake, dimension, di-mension, di di di.

Quote Originally Posted by Chimaera
    Pretty sure you're describing SuperString Theory, it's an interesting theory, but that's all it is in my opinion.

There's a chance one day we'll discover different dimensions, until then I find it hard to see how bpth String and SuperString Theory fit into our current "concrete" scientific model.

And for God's sake, dimension, di-mension, di di di.
    Well sorry about my bad spelling.

But I do understand what you're talking about. It could one day fit into our scientific model, but who knows.

Re: Dimensional Theory.

Simply because our minds can't fully understand this concept, doesn't mean it's of no importance. This is how all discoveries work. A few people question something that might seem out of the ordinary for most, and then eventually, they end up proving something. I don't see why this could not be true. Think about it, we, as humans, live and interact in the 4 spatial dimensions (and if I remember correctly, time is not the 4th dimension). Try to imagine a line, and then a square, then a cube, and then a tesseract. A tesseract is to a cube as a cube is to a square, and as the square is to a line. It spreads out the objects dimensions unto another dimensional plane. We live in the 3 dimensions space, and can only interact with 3 dimensional objects.

Found a pretty cool animation to explain this
    http://www.tenthdimension.com/medialinks.php
    [center:hn9zn80r][/center:hn9zn80r]

Banned

Re: Dimensional Theory.

@ Sniper:
    omg.. that video was strange.. i even canīt imagine all the dimensions.. my brain is not able to understand that theorys.. but it could be true^^ poor 2-dimenseonal guys.. no hindgut... xD xD
    BUT i think that we are able to travel in the time with the 4th dimension..

Quote Originally Posted by Damon
    There is no concrete evidence or logic reasoning that makes this kind of reasoning the best acceptable answer. When this idea is substantiated past being an interesting concept I'll consider it.
    Exactly. The fact of the matter is that while all of this sounds incredibly cool for movies and such, it's simply nothing more than theory without solid evidence.
    [center:1a10eid0]
    [Thread]

TY Zelter for the Siggy and Avatar[/center:1a10eid0]