Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

the TRUE And only explanation of GOD

now....i am a honor student studying philosophy so either you have to be 60 years older than me and a hell of alot wiser to contradict me (or just a strong beleiver of god) oh.....and F.Y.I this is peuptypooptypants's brother and i am 19 years old....anyhoo....
    now i accept the fact that i am an aethiest and you may think i am biased but i hope all you "imbeciles" who i get angry with reading your posts on how the world will end etc. will understand.
    so here we go...

Its simple, there are two main facts of why god was invented by MAN
    1- that it was to reduce the number of crimes for example
    -rape - since rape was, a "sin" you will be punished for it and be sent to the deep depths of hell for commiting it
    -murder - same thing it was punishable by god
    well i hope you get it, the main point was to put FEAR into people from young so that they believe that all misdeeds carried out would mean eternal punishment in the afterlife and for those that do good would enjoy life in heaven although for catholics there is a clause that we interpret as "the more we suffer on earth the better our life is in heaven" like jesus suffered. so anyway thats number 1 now.
    2- to stop people like scientists and philosophers from going insane or crazy: now i hope you all know that we as humans are naturally inquisitive (that means to question everything that we want to question) if we werent then we would basically still be living in the stone age or die off because of starvation, anyway, i hope you realise that "god" came into this world only at the time when humans were becaming more and more educated i.e the aztecs,greeks and many more excellent races and so we kept on questioning and questioning and NOT getting any answers simple getting no where they would sit and think untill they went insane because of the frustration of not getting their answer, and so they arrived at a simple conclusion "GOD" an answer to all questions like why are we here? because god created us and so on. To stop further questioning like, who is god? or what was before god? or even how was god created? they say its a SIN to question god and the teachings and you will rot in blood gutted hell for the rest of your life. simple eh? and so we have an answer to our questions. now even though as i may have mentioned above i am an aethiest the further steps we take in science the more we arrive at "god" its kinda funny because science goes against the teachings of god in every way, perfect example was charles darwins theory of evolution which we can prove. i.e like some sensible people have said in this forum "dinosaurs" heh.......anyway thats all from me hope you all understand this.

sean.

also sorry for any typos or bad grammar, this is rough and im only writing it because im frustrated with all your sensless and idiotic rants about god and the meaning of life etc.

p.s religon was also a way to have complete control over people, i mean who has the most money in the world? the catholics in rome behind the pope. who has the most control? the same people, when they say empty your pockets for a clean slate for those who have sinned we do it and they get more and more money. you think they really belive in god? when they spend youre money on wine and hookers think again.
    heh my sigs kool kause it atrracts millions of ninja pandas to your house if you read it.

KTU
    Dedicated Member
    Boy, sorry, I didn't know you were the only right one and we weren't allowed to have opinions on matters.

I do agree with your explanations, they make sense, but that does not give you reason to call people who believe in a religion "senseless and idiotic". People have a right to trust what they believe and you can't just tell them that their religion is pointless and stupid because you studied philosophy in school.

And since when do the churches make money off of you? I don't recall having to pay for catholicism?
    [center:36nrfcqg][/center:36nrfcqg]

I would have found this thread a lot more interesting if you hadn't called the entire community "imbeciles"

There's no reason to get frustrated with all the senseless posts around here, I haven't read a topic in this section that I agreed with in over a year, but I don't bother to pay any attention to them, it's a lot easier on everybody.

(And you do realise that there are only about 200 people here out of nearly 2,000 that are even over 13? (there are maybe 10 that are over 17.) You can't exactly expect to see much 'highly intelligent and educated' conversations around here)

(no offence to anyone)

Jon
    Fanatic Enthusiast

when they spend youre money on wine and hookers think again.
    I think thats abit of a generalazation there dont ya think buddy? Just because some people belive in religion doesnt make them stupid, or uneducated as you (and in most of the cases, they are more educated than you, haha)

A statement like that just trumps your intire argument. You have such a closed mind, sure your points make senese, but you have to look at it from their (religious belivers) perspective. Though it may be hard for you to understand their faith in a higher power, and not in cold brass scientific facts.

And I find it funny you call the members (most of em anyway) imbeciles when your arguments are pretty simplistic in themselves.

basicly your argument:
    1 people made up god so people wouldnt kill or rape other people.
    2 people made up god cause they got smart and wanted answers.
    3 you all are idiots

weak
    In memory of Shane and Sarah

Wow, would I love to show that unreliable argument to a church.

Thousandís of Christians have more than just the basic ďThe bible is rightĒ attitude to God. Hell, Iím a Christian of sorts myself, but I donít believe all the stuff in the bible, sure, some parts I do agree with, but - as you said Ė Dinosaurs are the big problem with Adam and Eve. Now, think, why is this? The bible was written over a thousand years ago, Dinosaurs didnít exist back them, and no one had the technology to say that they were there before humans . . . Their explanation? Monsters. Dinosaurs and the like are the explanation for most mythological beasts and so on. Now, Iíll move on.
    A book canít and wont do ANYTHING to stop crime, no matter how many people read it, people wouldnít sit their lives out making a religion that is going to make people unhappy, why? Because no one would like it, therefore no one would go along with it, obviously the people who made the bible knew this and were not stupid. And never mind a book, a priest wonít brainwash people will he? Ethics make it clear that people believed because they WANTED to, there are even some Christian saintís who stole and murdered, hell Jesus was even violent toward other people! You mean to say that the ďSonĒ of god is going to be sent to hell? I think not my friend.

And now to your second argument in full, I have NEVER seen a Christian who is against science, infact I know a priest who is EXTREMLY interested in philosophy. Not once have I heard anyone say that science lies, nor have I heard them say that finding the truth is a bad thing. And what drugs are you on? Itís a sin to question god? So again I refer to the saintís to say that in the bible, not one of them didnít question god.

And to your very crazed personal note; unless they are cultists they NEVER say ďempty your pockets for a clean slateĒ That statement is the more ridiculous thing I have EVER heard, the money is to keep the church up, pay for food and bibles etc.

P.S Iím 15

Fanatic Enthusiast

All hail to peuptypooptypants, He has knowledge far beyond his years, I mean, that is what youíre saying right.
    Quote Originally Posted by peuptypooptypants
    i am a honor student studying philosophy so either you have to be 60 years older than me and a hell of alot wiser to contradict me
    And since no one here can contradict you, this should be sticked and locked, to keep "idiots" like ~KTU~, TM, Jon, and SG from contradicting you, like they did.
    Kind of egotistical, don't you think?

Ok, I am a Christen, and I'm not ashamed of it.
    But I can't prove that God does exist with science, or that he doesn't exist for that madder. Science can't and won't ever be able to prove it either way.

But as SG, said I also have never heard of Christens disapproving science, in fact there are/were quiet a few Christen scientists - Michel Faraday for one.

In summery I'll say, Don't go around calling people that you don't exactly see eye to eye with "idiots", it's just not nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    THE POWER OF COHERENT THOUGHT COMPELS YOU. THE POWER OF COHERENT THOUGHT COMPELS YOU.

Brackets[1] next to words will determine where notes are going to come from, for my reading convenience and yours. (notes are right after what they're marking.)

first paragraph blah some stuff blah insult[1]
    so here we go..
    [1] Hm. I would be impressed if you hadn't made yourself look like a moron yourself by saying some of that stuff. See, the idea is not to call people "imbeciles" as it makes them "angry" and you get "flamed" resulting in "some taking down of names." Mmm, and before you do that again, try grammar and punctuation. "i", for instance, is capitalized. And it's "an" honor student, not "a" honor student.

Yey telling people off. Now then, the other stuff.
    Its simple, there are two main facts of why god was invented by MAN
    1- that it was to reduce the number of crimes for example [1]
    -rape - since rape was, a "sin" you will be punished for it and be sent to the deep depths of hell for commiting it
    -murder - same thing it was punishable by god
    well i hope you get it, the main point was to put FEAR into people from young so that they believe that all misdeeds carried out would mean eternal punishment in the afterlife and for those that do good would enjoy life in heaven[2] although for catholics there is a clause that we interpret as "the more we suffer on earth the better our life is in heaven" like jesus suffered.[3] so anyway thats number 1 now.
    [1] Of course. Common sense I say.
    [2] IMO, no. It was a nudge towards doing the right thing. I dunno how many actually believed/believe in the up and down places.
    [3] Never understood where they came up with this. Catholicism was just trying to be "unique" or something I guess. Like that kid at your school who always wears the shirt that says "You laugh at us because we're all the same. We laugh at you because you're all different." Like I said, kind of inexplicable.

2- to stop people like scientists and philosophers from going insane or crazy:[1] now i hope you all know that we as humans are naturally inquisitive (that means to question everything that we want to question) if we werent then we would basically still be living in the stone age or die off because of starvation,[2] anyway, i hope you realise that "god" came into this world only at the time when humans were becaming more and more educated i.e the aztecs,greeks and many more excellent races[3] and so we kept on questioning and questioning and NOT getting any answers simple getting no where they would sit and think untill they went insane because of the frustration of not getting their answer,[4] and so they arrived at a simple conclusion "GOD" an answer to all questions like why are we here? because god created us and so on.[5] To stop further questioning like, who is god? or what was before god? or even how was god created? they say its a SIN to question god and the teachings and you will rot in blood gutted hell for the rest of your life. simple eh? and so we have an answer to our questions.[6] now even though as i may have mentioned above i am an aethiest the further steps we take in science the more we arrive at "god"[7] its kinda funny because science goes against the teachings of god in every way, perfect example was charles darwins theory of evolution which we can prove. i.e like some sensible people have said in this forum "dinosaurs" heh[8].......anyway thats all from me hope you all understand this.
    [1] Lol is me whenever people mention this. Basically right, and it's funny because you're basically coming out and saying that "the church and religion is against advancement of knowledge." Again, lol.
    [2] Yep.
    [3] Whoa there kiddo. Let's rewind and hit the facts. The Greeks actually believed in the Pagan gods, and if I hear someone saying something about them being evil I will slap then. Internet slap, that is; has a lot of byte but no bark. (enough slapstick now) The Mayans didn't really believe in God technically, same multiple-gods thing but more like "this god rules this time, this god rules this time, etc. etc." And the Greeks and the Mayans were NOT at the same times, at all, so bad example. And wtf @ this:
    and many more excellent races
    . . . doesn't even fit or make sense. And it's kinda borderline racist.
    [4] Hah. Name ONE person who went insane from this, I dare you.
    [5] Bleh. God was created to give the hopeless some light during the crap times like the plagues and such. Minds warped with power made religion into something that answered everything. It's a creative metaphor, that's it.
    [6] Can't even say anything about this, it's too weird. See note 5.
    [7] Totally disagree, or not, depending on how incredibly vague the definition of "god" is now.
    [8] Wtf is all I have to say, so I will: wtf?

sean.[1]

also sorry for any typos or bad grammar, this is rough and im only writing it because im frustrated with all your sensless and idiotic rants about god and the meaning of life etc.[2]
    [1] Signatures go at the end.
    [2] And my response is, "you smell ugly." Never, ever, again, make a thread with this many insults.

p.s religon was also a way to have complete control over people, i mean who has the most money in the world? the catholics in rome behind the pope. who has the most control? the same people, when they say empty your pockets for a clean slate for those who have sinned we do it and they get more and more money.[1] you think they really belive in god? when they spend youre money on wine and hookers think again.[2]
    [1] Actually, they've been hurting for money lately, what with all of the propaganda, scandals, etc. And the oil companies both have the most money and the most control over the world, watch the news lately?
    [2] LOL @ this blatant slander right here.

Overall, not a very strong argument, weakened more by the insults than anything. Get your facts straight as well.

this extra-speshally long post brought to you by The Pentagon

Jon
    Fanatic Enthusiast

Sweet. The petagon just slaughtered that guy.
    In memory of Shane and Sarah

This is probably the fastest growing topic that's ever been made in this section.
    Too bad we're going to have to lock it soon, I can see some major flamage arising from this.
    Have your fun here while you can!

Enthusiast
    i hardly belive your theroey, i saw some truth but not alot. It could be possiable that it was just a story to make us all happy. But wouldnt it be ok if we where happy on earth instead of having some dumb ass kid just randomly flamed all of DD.org's theroeys on who god is, We are human yoo you know ( belive it or not. )For one thing to just beacuse you fucking think up a theorey dosnt make it true. Do you have proof, no? Then next time instead of flamming a whole forum bring some facts!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast