Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

The Multiverse Theory

I think almost everyone's heard of the multiverse theory (if not, click Here for a detailed explanation.)

Discuss opinions about it here.

I believe in it for sure, me being the space geek I am. :P
    It just sounds so incredible it must be real, but then you think about and think that it's insane!

Let the arguing begin.
    [center:1h4aebo3]
    You want to know the difference.. between a weak burger, and a burger that has STRENGTH?
    [/center:1h4aebo3]

Re: The Multiverse Theory

Why Multiverse?
    [spoiler:1qs3vzia]Well that shatters the concept of the universe being everything that exists.
    How can you have two everythings? I'm not saying this isn't possible, but the
    naming of the concept. How can you have on "grand universe" of all the smaller
    ones, if there is no "smaller universe," because the "small" universe already contains
    all physical matter? Maybe I didn't read it right, but this seems ridiculous.[/spoiler:1qs3vzia]

Lost

[spoiler:1qs3vzia]I like the Lost reference there, but that's in a whole different field. Lost is about
    a parallel universe, but it isn't physically seperate, its connected by existence
    and time. There is no physical "other universe" where other events are happening,
    it all takes place in the same plane of space and time, just in a.. ughh I can't explain it.[/spoiler:1qs3vzia]

Same Universe; Different Existence?

[spoiler:1qs3vzia]Think about this: There is our universe. Next to it is another whole universe?
    Maybe not, but on a less physical level; There could be a figurative universe. One
    where time, matter, space, and everything that exists, still exists, in the same
    space, but on a whole different level of existence. Is this possible? I don't know.[/spoiler:1qs3vzia]

Mathematical Connection

[spoiler:1qs3vzia]The thing that intrigued me the most, was the mathematical references. The fact
    that one theorist thought that universes could be set up in equations. I don't know
    how that can be possible, but it just blows my mind. A math to existence?[/spoiler:1qs3vzia]

Maybe I just made myself look like an idiot, but those are really my views on the matter.
    I'm just not too sure about any of this. Mindblowing stuff,

This is why they say some things are just too good to be true. The multiverse thing would go great with movies and books and crap and I think in itself is really interesting. However, it's just theory. The fact is that there's no solid evidence to base that this theory truly is right. It's cool, but way too science fiction for reality.
    [center:1a10eid0]
    [Thread]

TY Zelter for the Siggy and Avatar[/center:1a10eid0]

Quote Originally Posted by PivotSh0ck
    It's cool, but way too science fiction for reality.
    Cameras were too science fiction for reality in the 1400's

Fly
    Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Osprey
    As was telivision and internet! Not to mension that Rusia I think made a goat completely invisible!
    But yes I beleive in this completely. Theirs no 100% proof that there is but I do beleive that their is

Quote Originally Posted by SuperPivot
    Quote Originally Posted by Osprey
    As was telivision and internet! Not to mension that Rusia I think made a goat completely invisible!
    But yes I beleive in this completely. Theirs no 100% proof that there is but I do beleive that their is
    I'd love to see the rest of this sentence.
    [center:1h4aebo3]
    You want to know the difference.. between a weak burger, and a burger that has STRENGTH?
    [/center:1h4aebo3]

Isn't this the same as the 10 dimension theory?
    [center:hn9zn80r][/center:hn9zn80r]

I'd like to be the first to point out that you're all being idiots.

First of all, you all either believe it or you don't. That's a little strange, given that there is no evidence either way. Don't you people ever get tired of being this damn stupid? I mean, I'm almost getting tired of being so much better than the lot of you, and I don't even have to try.
    The multiverse theory is interesting, I'll grant you that. And theoretically it's possible, so I'm not going to dismiss it out of hand. But am I really the only one here that understands that this is entirely theoretical and unsubstantiated by any evidence?
    The affirmative position has the burden of proof, and given that it has none other than being possible in theory, there's no reason to believe it to be any bit true at all. Piling onto that the fact that Occam's razor would have it one universe requires less assumptions than an infinite number of parallel universes, there is no good reason to just assume the theory is correct. However, no matter how unlikely, there is also yet to be sufficient evidence to dismiss it entirely.

Do I have to spell everything out for you people?

Btw @ whoever said "how can you have 2 everythings" well no one knows for sure if the universe does actually encompass everything. That itself is just a theory.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperStupid
    No they didn't, dumbass.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperStupid
    "their is" what? You see, the dot at the end of this sentence tells people that your rambling is finished. Or at least part of it.
    "The Good Book once said, 'Moses spoke thus to the people of Israel, but they did not listen to Moses, because of their broken spirit and harsh slavery.'

This is irrelevant, but it still rings true, I guess?"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast