Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The "Evolution" Thread

Ok, forst of all, lets get one thing straight. I'm not here to necesarily talk religion. I'm here to talk science, even though I'm a devoted chrisian. This is against the theory of eveolution. Ok, lets look at charles darwins theory of evolution.

He explains evolution in steps. Life began because of a bunch of random chemical reactions that formed a single celled organism. By random and meaningless mutational natural selection, that extremely stupid and simple single celled organism, driven to simply eat, reproduce, and die, evolved into things such as dinosaur and such. Now, we have evidence that they existed, because of fossils. Now, here's were it gets funky. Dinosaurs supposedly lived milions upon millions of years ago, because the fossilizing process takes a friggin long time. Now it's time to explain fossilization.

Fossils become so because an organism dies, rots, and is "slowly" covered, over millions of years, by "special" dirt and soil under perfect conditions. The bone material is slowly replaced by minerals. We then find these fossils, and put them on display. Evolutionists in the feild of finding fossils, fin incomplete fossils, and then "add" a few minor bones here and there to link a dog to a whale. Ok, now with that in mind, the bones are as minor as, say, the inner ear, feet, jaws, felangies, and so forth. Bones that are added are CRUCIAL evidence that support evolutionists views. Ok, now lets see what really happens in fossilization

A mining town was covered completely in sediment in a matter of hours by a volcanic eruption. Twenty years later, the town is uncovered. What do cientists find? Leather mining hats. Leather shoes. Leather gloves. Dead people. What is so surprising? The fact that all of these items are completely fossilized. Only 20 years is what it took for those materials to be fossilized. Ok, here's another one. Many fish fossils are found with food still inside their stomaches. Several predator fish fossils are found with other fossilized fish in them with fossilized food still within the smaller fish. This evidence supports that fossilization could take place in a matter of days, or hours. All of these sample are because the animal was covered under hundreds or thousands of pounds of sedimentary material in a matter of moments. How do evolutionist even support fish fossils happening? lets look,

They explain that fish are fossilized when a fish dies, and sinks to the bottom of the ocean (Fish don't sink when they die, they float) and then are slowly covered with sediment. Completely not plausible.

Here's my point, plain and simple. This supports many things that happen in christian religion and in the bible. What is one thing that may have caused a massive extincion of the dinosaurs and caused so many fossils? A massive flood, spanning the entire earth. Is that even possible? Science has proved that there is enough stored moisture in the earths atmosphere to cover the earth 10 times over with water. Want more evidence? Look at this,

Scientist used the most "efficient" way of dating sedimentary soil and rock patterns andused them to date the grand canyon. What were their results? They found that the upper layer of the grand canyon proved to be 5 billion years old. Not suprising? well, here's the funny part. They found the lowest layers of the grand canyon to be 500,000 to as low as 10,000 years old using those dating methods. Completely shatters evolutionist thinking. Where am I getting this information you ask? Well, a source were a lot of christian scienntists have gotten together to use there OBSERVATIONAL discoveries to disprove the THEORETICAL evolutionist thinking at http://www.answersingenesis.org/. THere is no way to prove to me right now that evolution happens, because according to you, both me and you, and probably most of the world as we know it, will be long gone before you can. If you still don't believe me, then I can't say anything that will make you. The thing is, I don't want to start a fight. I actually want to HEAR what you have to say.

Sorry for the deliciously long rant : )

(P.S. I don't believe the evolutionists got EVRYTHING wrong, infact I thank them for the theory of natural selection, and there's proof of it. Just not full fledged evolution, I.E., a complex free-thinking human being came from a single celled organism made by random chemical reactions )

SOURCES
    main- answersingenesis.org

sub souces-
    1. FOSSILIZAION
    a.http://www.answersingenesis.org/docs2/4419.asp
    b.http://www.answersingenesis.org/crea...tone_bears.asp
    c.http://www.answersingenesis.org/crea...20/i2/bell.asp
    d. MINING HAT EXAMPLE [url]http://www.answersingenesis.org/creation/v17/i3/fossil_hat.asp[/ur]
    I'm gay.

Cite all sources, remove the biases obviously intended to sway the reader ("WOW. Have you ever seen an open minded evolutionist? ", lack of explanation for many items that you say prove evolution theory people wrong), and then I'll give a real reply to this.

Sorry...I can't really cite all the sources because the site has changed and I haven't reviewed it for over a year and a half. If you really want to you can fly to the site and do some quick searches. I'll try to compile all the evidence, but it may take a while. And I'll take out all the biases.
    I'm gay.

KTU
    Dedicated Member

Re: The "Evolution" Thread

Quote Originally Posted by .:HiGhLy:.
    Ok, forst of all, lets get one thing straight. I'm not here to necesarily talk religion. I'm here to talk science, even though I'm a devoted chrisian. This is against the theory of eveolution. Ok, lets look at charles darwins theory of evolution.

He explains evolution in steps. Life began because of a bunch of random chemical reactions that formed a single celled organism. By random and meaningless mutational natural selection, that extremely stupid and simple single celled organism, driven to simply eat, reproduce, and die, evolved into things such as dinosaur and such. I dunno if that was intended, but you skipped about 3 billion years of evolution right there. Now, we have evidence that they existed, because of fossils. Now, here's were it gets funky. Dinosaurs supposedly lived milions upon millions of years ago, because the fossilizing process takes a friggin long time. Now it's time to explain fossilization.

Fossils become so because an organism dies, rots, and is "slowly" covered, over millions of years, by "special" dirt and soil under perfect conditions. The bone material is slowly replaced by minerals. We then find these fossils, and put them on display. Evolutionists in the feild of finding fossils, fin incomplete fossils, and then "add" a few minor bones here and there to link a dog to a whale. Ok, now with that in mind, the bones are as minor as, say, the inner ear, feet, jaws, felangies, and so forth. Bones that are added are CRUCIAL evidence that support evolutionists views. Ok, now lets see what really happens in fossilization

A mining town was covered completely in sediment in a matter of hours by a volcanic eruption. Twenty years later, the town is uncovered. What do cientists find? Leather mining hats. Leather shoes. Leather gloves. Dead people. What is so surprising? The fact that all of these items are completely fossilized. Only 20 years is what it took for those materials to be fossilized. Ok, here's another one. Many fish fossils are found with food still inside their stomaches. Several predator fish fossils are found with other fossilized fish in them with fossilized food still within the smaller fish. This evidence supports that fossilization could take place in a matter of days, or hours. All of these sample are because the animal was covered under hundreds or thousands of pounds of sedimentary material in a matter of moments. Underwater volcanic eruption anyone? How do evolutionist even support fish fossils happening? lets look,

They explain that fish are fossilized when a fish dies, and sinks to the bottom of the ocean (Fish don't sink when they die, they float) and then are slowly covered with sediment. Completely not plausible.

That's not true. Fish will only float to the surface if their swim bladders are filled with gases. If they are empty, they will sink to the bottom of the ocean.

Here's my point, plain and simple. This supports many things that happen in christian religion and in the bible. What is one thing that may have caused a massive extincion of the dinosaurs and caused so many fossils? A massive flood, spanning the entire earth. It was proved that a massive flood could, and most likey did flood the earth thousands of years ago, but definitely not for 40 days and 40 nights. Is that even possible? Science has proved that there is enough stored moisture in the earths atmosphere to cover the earth 10 times over with water. Want more evidence? Look at this,

Scientist used the most "efficient" way of dating sedimentary soil and rock patterns andused them to date the grand canyon. What were their results? They found that the upper layer of the grand canyon proved to be 5 billion years old. Not suprising? well, here's the funny part. They found the lowest layers of the grand canyon to be 500,000 to as low as 10,000 years old using those dating methods. It's sipmly molten magma cooling and becoming rock under the canyon. Completely shatters evolutionist thinking. Where am I getting this information you ask? Well, a source were a lot of christian scienntists have gotten together to use there OBSERVATIONAL discoveries to disprove the THEORETICAL evolutionist thinking at http://www.answersingenesis.org/. THere is no way to prove to me right now that evolution happens, because according to you, both me and you, and probably most of the world as we know it, will be long gone before you can. If you still don't believe me, then I can't say anything that will make you. The thing is, I don't want to start a fight. I actually want to HEAR what you have to say.

Sorry for the deliciously long rant : )

(P.S. I don't believe the evolutionists got EVRYTHING wrong, infact I thank them for the theory of natural selection, and there's proof of it. Just not full fledged evolution, I.E., a complex free-thinking human being came from a single celled organism made by random chemical reactions )
    I am sort of half and half on evolution theories, because there is actually more evidence supporting that there was actually a Jesus Christ and there was actually a massive flood that covered the earth than there ever was before, although the evidence contradicts the Bible stories. I still believe that evolution is the more probable hypothesis because of all the fossil evidence.
    [center:36nrfcqg][/center:36nrfcqg]

Enthusiast
    Bill Clinton’s Closet? Avatar: NOT A PENIS!
    Well there are two theories to choose from. Evolutionism and Creationsism. Out of the two I choose Evolutionism solely because it is more plausable but the theory above has opened my eyes to some interesting facts yet I still believe it more than Evolutionism.

As for the flooding is it possible because of the ice age that may and most likely did happen, melting and releasing all the water most likely would have caused a flood.

As for the fish thing I am sure that when it dies it is possible for rip tide or whirlpool to suck the fish down and keep it down but the fossilized food thing confuses me. Even if fossilization occured in a matter of days, the water would speed up decomposistion right?

Sorry for the rant but I am just expressing my views.

(Next up Constantine and the Bible =D)

PS: Some of that may sound stupid but I don't know much ... still in eighth grade )

Edit: as for the proof of Jesus Christ existing I am still a believer that Jesus was a normal man, a saint to be exact but Constantine in his carelessness of rewriting the bible made him God and hid his ungodliness from the world.

(Good thing I am atheist or I would be going to hell ^_^)

This is my new edit color, do not take it #A89737
    Feel Free to PM if you need help or if you want to talk to the sexiest member on DD *wink*
    ^^^Clickable link to PM me^^^

I agree with you about everything, Highly. I didn't know you were such a strong believer in creation. Well, nobody knows that about me either, so it's not a big surprise.
    I've seen many, many videos about creation and I have a book that was written by 50 respected scientists who believe in creation, explaining their reasons for thinking this way.
    I can't say I hate evolution, because I actually love it. I think it is a wonderful theory and I use it a lot for sci-fi stories, but I don't believe it at all.

The law of natural selection, (is it a law?), is undeniable, but having an animal with a certain genome, mutate over time to become more complex, because of a large amount of very rare mutations is insane!
    Science has proven that even mutations that seem to be beneficial, rarely are, and those that truly are beneficial are so insignificant that in the long run, no progress for the species has been made.

You do need to work on your people skills, though, Highly. Every time I see you, you're either in an argument with someone, or you just are generally pissing them off, lol.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect. ~Mark Twain

Click the animation above to visit.

KTU
    Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OGrilla
    The law of natural selection, (is it a law?), is undeniable, but having an animal with a certain genome, mutate over time to become more complex, because of a large amount of very rare mutations is insane!
    Tha'ts why it isn't 4999023512 BC, because it took 5 billion years for evolution to occur in organisms.
    [center:36nrfcqg][/center:36nrfcqg]

That is a picture of an eye. Now to the point. One of the reasons that evolution is wrong in my opinion is because of Darwin's somethin or another law that everything that is created has to imediately benefit the organism to stay. I dont know all the details and stuff but that is the basic jist of the law. An eye needs all of the parts in that picture to properly work. And since parts of the eye were made slowly than there is no way the eye could exist. Say all of a sudden a puddle wanted to make an eye. So it goes and makes an iris. The iris cannot do anything unless it has all the other parts. Then the iris is useless without the other parts and is discarded. Darwin himself said that his whole theory of evolution would not work if body parts turned out to be more complex than science believed they were way back when.

On a second note, the theory of all the amino acids joining togethor into a life form in a puddle is bogus. If you dont believe me, go into your closet and take out your scrabble game. Now pick up the page of letters and drop all the letters on the floor. Did all the letters even right the simple sentence See Spot Run, or did the right everything. Now then, to have made life it would be the same circumstance, except instead of writing See Spot Run, they would be riding a 1000 page novel, with lttle margins, and tiny font, and uh other small stuff.

All I have to say is, evolution makes 80 times more sense than everything just poofing into existence for no reason - religion is a metaphor for life lessons and people take that stuff waaaaaay too seriously in cases like this.

Quote Originally Posted by B4R1 B4N6

That is a picture of an eye. Now to the point. One of the reasons that evolution is wrong in my opinion is because of Darwin's somethin or another law that everything that is created has to imediately benefit the organism to stay. I dont know all the details and stuff but that is the basic jist of the law. An eye needs all of the parts in that picture to properly work. And since parts of the eye were made slowly than there is no way the eye could exist. Say all of a sudden a puddle wanted to make an eye. So it goes and makes an iris. The iris cannot do anything unless it has all the other parts. Then the iris is useless without the other parts and is discarded. Darwin himself said that his whole theory of evolution would not work if body parts turned out to be more complex than science believed they were way back when.

On a second note, the theory of all the amino acids joining togethor into a life form in a puddle is bogus. If you dont believe me, go into your closet and take out your scrabble game. Now pick up the page of letters and drop all the letters on the floor. Did all the letters even right the simple sentence See Spot Run, or did the right everything. Now then, to have made life it would be the same circumstance, except instead of writing See Spot Run, they would be riding a 1000 page novel, with lttle margins, and tiny font, and uh other small stuff.
    Good point, like your theory. And smashdood, I didn't really want to end up talking religion. This thread, even though it ended up about religion, wasn't supposed to be. I basically just wanted to make a point, that it is completely plausible with this evidence, that the earth is only 10,000 years old. These observations are true, and according to modern science, these observations , to me at least, are more truthful then anyevolutionist view. Now, that statement ISNOT derrogatory in it's means, and I just want to open up discussion.
    I'm gay.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast