Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Transcending Religions

Well, thinking at home by myself I've been throwing about this: At the very first though of how 'we' got it man created religion, and these religions have gone through changes, some invented some lost. For instance: Egyptians had polytheistic beleifs that we now dismiss in modern day as nearly jokes, interesting stories, never taking it seriously as a religon. Christianity started comming about at the end of the Roman Empire (Correct me if I'm wrong on that, which I fear I am) and started to spread rapidy, but who's to say that our predecors arn't to regaurd christianity as a crack-pot theroy, so to speak, and have replaced it with the next major religion to come along, whatever that may be. Not to mention that in todays world with the many different creeds, every single one contradicts another, and I think the chances are none of them have it right. It's not too late, but I havn't gotten much sleep (if any sleep at all) last night, and if I look back on this tommorrow and it makes NO sence, then just forget I even said anything... I'll have more to type when I'm fully consious.

Dedicated Member
    well...uhhh...as a dedicated christian i belive my religion is the right one..now im not gonna brag or say anyone else's is bad or wrong or stupid.....i guess the egyptions thought theirs was right..but more people adapted to my religion...i guess they didnt wanna have their brain pulled out of their nose and buried when they died..lol...joke to nayone who belives that..anyways..i guess more poeple adapted my religion or thoguht it was more reasonable...so now they laugh at the one that they dont like?
    me..i dont laugh at any religion..thats wrong..but i guess every religion has its own start and end...if u dont belive in a religion..thats your oppion...thats just the way it is
    DAREDEVIL IS MA BEST BUD
    Omega-son is awsome
    thx for the help darkness2_1
    My Animations-Corutesy?
    Join Acidflame and Omega-Son's clan- Stick Evolution!!
    Coopm Is Teh Best!!!

Re: Transcending Religions

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan
    Well, thinking at home by myself I've been throwing about this: At the very first though of how 'we' got it man created religion, and these religions have gone through changes, some invented some lost. For instance: Egyptians had polytheistic beleifs that we now dismiss in modern day as nearly jokes, interesting stories, never taking it seriously as a religon. Christianity started comming about at the end of the Roman Empire (Correct me if I'm wrong on that, which I fear I am) and started to spread rapidy, but who's to say that our predecors arn't to regaurd christianity as a crack-pot theroy, so to speak, and have replaced it with the next major religion to come along, whatever that may be. Not to mention that in todays world with the many different creeds, every single one contradicts another, and I think the chances are none of them have it right. It's not too late, but I havn't gotten much sleep (if any sleep at all) last night, and if I look back on this tommorrow and it makes NO sence, then just forget I even said anything... I'll have more to type when I'm fully consious.
    Well, there is a distinct difference. In modern christianity, we have "records" of accounts (proven by modern text annalysis) that are from various people from a long time ago that they had visions, saw miracles, and caused miracles to happen. We also have various records of a figure named Jesus healing the siick, and being crucified for his beliefs. That constitutes a new religion. The egytions basically made up their gods to explain nature and the things around them. For instance, the egytian god Ptah is called the "Architectural" god. He is said to be responsible for creating the universe, and creating the "supports" that hold up the great fabric in the sky which depicted the stars. Now, that brings up another point. Modern science has proven, beyond reasonable doubt, that what the gods supposedly said to the egyptians is untrue. Using the same formentioned example, we know that the stars in the sky are not, or is not a large blanket held up by supports, because we've launched satelites, and had actual people transcend that region. So, scientifically those religions are undoubtably wrong. On the other hand, christian records profess that there is no scientifical reason for God as we know it. The religion teaches to work off of faith, and that (besides miracles and visions) there aren't any physical clues to Gods existance. So, in summary, the two main differences between both religions is, the egyptians offered physical evidence we now find to be false, and christianity professed there is no physical evidence, so there is no way to find it false or true scientifically...for the most part. Because technically to science religion doesn't exist...But, anyhow, there's my rant.
    I'm gay.

Dedicated Member

[quote=.:HiGhLy:.]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Captain Morgan":2faau7zx
    Well, there is a distinct difference. In modern christianity, we have "records" of accounts (proven by modern text annalysis) that are from various people from a long time ago that they had visions, saw miracles, and caused miracles to happen. We also have various records of a figure named Jesus healing the siick, and being crucified for his beliefs. That constitutes a new religion. The egytions basically made up their gods to explain nature and the things around them. For instance, the egytian god Ptah is called the "Architectural" god. He is said to be responsible for creating the universe, and creating the "supports" that hold up the great fabric in the sky which depicted the stars. Now, that brings up another point. Modern science has proven, beyond reasonable doubt, that what the gods supposedly said to the egyptians is untrue. Using the same formentioned example, we know that the stars in the sky are not, or is not a large blanket held up by supports, because we've launched satelites, and had actual people transcend that region. So, scientifically those religions are undoubtably wrong. On the other hand, christian records profess that there is no scientifical reason for God as we know it. The religion teaches to work off of faith, and that (besides miracles and visions) there aren't any physical clues to Gods existance. So, in summary, the two main differences between both religions is, the egyptians offered physical evidence we now find to be false, and christianity professed there is no physical evidence, so there is no way to find it false or true scientifically...for the most part. Because technically to science religion doesn't exist...But, anyhow, there's my rant.[/quote:2faau7zx]

If egyptian gods are called *myths* then why arent christian gods *myths*

There aint any solid physical actual proven evidnce that jeus healed thee sick that mary and joshep diddent just prtend she was the virgin mary and have a kid and call him the savior

To me every single relgion on the face of this planet is just a big lie.

Ur right there isnt evidnce to prove it wrong, but there isnt any to prove it right.

614th post on 2/24 2:14

KTU
    Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by PiviotFreak

If egyptian gods are called *myths* then why arent christian gods *myths*

There aint any solid physical actual proven evidnce that jeus healed thee sick that mary and joshep diddent just prtend she was the virgin mary and have a kid and call him the savior

To me every single relgion on the face of this planet is just a big lie.

Ur right there isnt evidnce to prove it wrong, but there isnt any to prove it right.
    There is actually quite a bit of evidence that supports Christianity as being true. Take Noah's Ark for example. Geologists have found records of a giant wooden structure that matches the size indecated in the Bible at the top of a mountain. This doesn't completely explain the story, but it's pretty damn close.

I am still leaning towards evolution rather than creationism because it seems more logical, but you can never rule out the possibility.
    [center:36nrfcqg][/center:36nrfcqg]

Dedicated Member
    But the bible is full of HUGE exgaerations, 40 days and 40 nights sounds little to fake 4 days 4 nights thats resonable.

But 40...

BUT WITH GOD, : GOD CAN DO ANYTHING; ANYONE CAN SURVIVE FOR EVER, BUT IT JUST DOSENT WORK LIKE THAT!
    [center]

KTU
    Dedicated Member
    PiviotFreak: True, 40 days and 40 nights is definitely a lie, but evidence shows that there was a massive flood thousands of years ago.

Pivot.Flash: As I said, Biblical theories aren't very logical, but if you rule out the possibility, you become very one-sided and biased.
    [center:36nrfcqg][/center:36nrfcqg]

Dedicated Member

Re: But 40...

Quote Originally Posted by pivotflash1.1
    BUT WITH GOD, : GOD CAN DO ANYTHING; ANYONE CAN SURVIVE FOR EVER, BUT IT JUST DOSENT WORK LIKE THAT!
    God, a mythelogical figure. God did not create the universe, the big bang did.

noahs arc, he couldent have had 2 of each anmials. Th lions would eat alot of the anmials

Dedicated Member

Re: But 40...

Quote Originally Posted by PiviotFreak
    Quote Originally Posted by pivotflash1.1
    God, a mythelogical figure. God did not create the universe, the big bang did.

noahs arc, he couldent have had 2 of each anmials. Th lions would eat alot of the anmials
    F**king prove it. I Know there is a god, though I beleive nobody can be "damned" till after death, and that the bible isn't entirely "hardly" true. For example. God creates life, life slowly evolves into humans. adam and eve just represent the first fully human creatures. Once we start thinking ahead of what is happening. And that most of the stories are metephors, or exaggerations.

BTW I respect all religions, I just think they are wrong, but the people still get my full respect. I respect athiests, as long as the respect me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast