Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

View Poll Results: Death Penalty, what do you think about it?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • I tottaly agree, it should be used in plenty of times.

8 12.12%
  • I tottaly disagree, it should never be used.

16 24.24%
  • Well, in extreme situations.

39 59.09%
  • I'm not sure.

3 4.55%
Page 1 of 16 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Death Penalty

Death Penalty

Do you agree with it?
    I, personally, think it should be allowed in some situations, such as, a child molester/kidnapper/rapist, that shit is grimy.

What do you think about death penalty?
    [center:2d786moh][/center:2d786moh]
    [center:2d786moh]Credits to heather for the sig. and avatar[/center:2d786moh]

Lakerz got throuht!!!
    FTW

OMG, you won't believe this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXxTmTMhzQo

Re: Death Penalty

Never.

Edit: i feel bad not justifying my opinion so yeah.

There is no reason to end a life, even though it might seem like justice i think being locked away for a long long time is enough.

Nah, sometimes it just seems that it ain't enough... I mean a girl, after being raped, won't ever be the same, it's like fucking her whole life up.

Lakerz got throuht!!!
    FTW

Devoted Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff'nesS
    Nah, sometimes it just seems that it ain't enough... I mean a girl, after being raped, won't ever be the same, it's like fucking her whole life up.
    So taking a life is the answer?

I think its way too easy to kill people because they have done something that is extremely wrong.
    Of course people will suffer in the electric chair but if people have done something that is so wrong that its better to punish them to death then is death penalty not the best way. If you kill a mass murderer then he'll never learn from his faults. I think its way better that those people have to go in prison for the rest of their lives. Then they'll learn what they have done wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessica
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff'nesS
    So taking a life is the answer?
    I don't know, the only think that is controversial, in my opinion, is not the fact that the person gets killed but the fact that if the person is inocent the judge can never go back with the sentence. It's not the answer bbut I think it is kind of a suitable sentence.

I personally would actually rather go to the electric chair then spend my life in prision.

Lakerz got throuht!!!
    FTW

Whilst I agree with the death penalty, I disagree with some of the methods. Electric chair is terrible. It's not punishment, it's torture.

I think the only case the death penalty should be used is first degree murder, and even then I think it should be lethal injection.

However a lot of moral issues come with the death penalty, like Jeff said, if a judge sentences someone to the death penalty and it turns out he/she was innocent.

I think it should only be used when it's 100%. And I don't know whether to say it should only be used if the murderer is right minded (IE not mentally retarded) or not.

Devoted Veteran

I don't think the main moral issue is a judge/jury making the wrong decision, I think it's the fact that you're killing someone for killing someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessica
    I don't think the main moral issue is a judge/jury making the wrong decision, I think it's the fact that you're killing someone for killing someone.
    True, but I don't see someone spending their life in jail a fitting punishment. They've ended someone's life and they're keeping theirs. I know you could argue "jail is terrible, living hell etc" but in my eyes it's still not a fitting punishment.

Life is something like 25 years in this country, meaning chances are (if the murderer is young) they're going to come out and still be able to live their life.

I can't really explain myself but what I'm trying to say is, a guy shoots another guy, shouldn't he get severely punisehd and I mean severely punished from taking the life from another human being, who will never come back. Well, as skype said, depending on the crime comitted, sur.
    It's pretty fucked up, though, to a judge to decide wether he should use death penalty or not, it's as he had a life on his hands.

Life is something like 25 years in this country, meaning chances are (if the murderer is young) they're going to come out and still be able to live their life.
    They may actually never come out, skype, eve though, just jail ain't enough, in my opinion, life is the most precious thing you have.

Lakerz got throuht!!!
    FTW

Page 1 of 16 123411 ... LastLast