Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mariana trench

Veteran Enthusiast

Mariana trench

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mariana_Trench

The deepest part of the world's oceans. What do you guys think is down there? Do you think we will ever have the technology to go into the Trench and explore it? Is there any new creatures that you think is down there that we haven't discovered?
    Post your opinions here.

Re: Mariana trench

Could we go down there? Maybe in a few decades we will be able to make manned craft that can take people down to the bottom of the trench, but letting people swim down there would be insane. The Physics behind that are impossible. It might be possible to make a cloth that can withstand that kind of pressure, but it would still crush your body even if the cloth survived, no matter how advanced it is.

What do I think is down there?
    I haven't a clue, though anything that lives that deep must be either gigantic or tiny. Tiny, to escape extreme pressure, gigantic, to have enough force to hold the pressure of. Though I could be wrong, I'm not a master of Physics.

is confidential due to government purposes.

It is possible that we could explore it. Science advances pretty quick, I see why not. What lives down there? I don't know, nobody knows. We can only make assumptions. If there is something living down there, it could be bacteria to withstand the heavy water pressure and the extreme heat. Although I could be wrong. If it is something visible within a human eye (cat size maybe) I assume it would look unusual. Why do I think this? Recently discovered deep see creatures look very unusual. For example the Deep angler fish etc. So I don't see why not the creatures in a deeper part of the ocean would look more unusual.

Old name: Hybrid
    Stay away

If we can make technology durable enough to sustain the massive pressure down there, then yes.

What do I think is down there? I'm not sure, but I am sure that the results will probably be very disappointing.
    "The Good Book once said, 'Moses spoke thus to the people of Israel, but they did not listen to Moses, because of their broken spirit and harsh slavery.'

This is irrelevant, but it still rings true, I guess?"

Quote Originally Posted by Other Kyle
    If we can make technology durable enough to sustain the massive pressure down there, then yes.

What do I think is down there? I'm not sure, but I am sure that the results will probably be very disappointing.
    Disappointing? I was thinking more along the lines of frightening. All the deep sea fish we have come across look pretty fucking insane, due to their crazy methods of surviving such an inhospitable place.

[spoiler:2iupn0gs][/spoiler:2iupn0gs]

Just some quick things I could find, as a reference for those who haven't seen the general appearance of deepsea fish.
    Slubberdegullion = Pivotelite.

New Lunar Republic Princess Luna's Avatar

I'm a bit surprised we have developed the technology to reach space but not the depths of the oceans.

Spoiler:
    Late-2006 - Started using Pivot.
    6 Apr/2010 - Became intermediate by winning the Best Beginner on DarkDemon contest.
    12 Aug/2011 - Returned to Beginner rank.
    20 Oct/2012 - Returned to DarkDemon.

Quote Originally Posted by Predator
    I'm a bit surprised we have developed the technology to reach space but not the depths of the oceans.
    That's because there is no pressure in space. Space is literally a vacuum, while the depths of the ocean has at least five times the atmospheric pressure of sea level
    "The Good Book once said, 'Moses spoke thus to the people of Israel, but they did not listen to Moses, because of their broken spirit and harsh slavery.'

This is irrelevant, but it still rings true, I guess?"

New Lunar Republic Princess Luna's Avatar

That's because there is no pressure in space. Space is literally a vacuum, while the depths of the ocean has at least five times the atmospheric pressure of sea level
    I do realize that. But the way I've been thinking is, we have yet to completely explore the Earth.

Spoiler:
    Late-2006 - Started using Pivot.
    6 Apr/2010 - Became intermediate by winning the Best Beginner on DarkDemon contest.
    12 Aug/2011 - Returned to Beginner rank.
    20 Oct/2012 - Returned to DarkDemon.

It's the buttcrack of the earth. I'd say there's some pretty shitty animals down there.
    [center:22op32gp]Music Thread[/center:22op32gp]
    [center:22op32gp][/center:22op32gp][center:22op32gp] [/center:22op32gp]

I do realize that. But the way I've been thinking is, we have yet to completely explore the Earth.

We know more about the surface of the moon, than about the deepest parts of our oceans. Also in New Guinea just recently they found a new species of giant rat, like the size of a cat, a new species of tree kangaroo, a new species of bat, about 20-30 new species of insect, new species of crab and more.

We definately have not explored all of Earth.
    Slubberdegullion = Pivotelite.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast