Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dedicated Member

The abortion debate.

Abourtion according to Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary: The termination of a pregnancy after, accompanied by, resulting in, or closely followed by the death of the embryo or fetus: as a : spontaneous expulsion of a human fetus during the first 12 weeks of gestation -- compare MISCARRIAGE b : induced expulsion of a human fetus c : expulsion of a fetus by a domestic animal often due to infection at any time before completion of pregnancy

We all know that abortion has been a big contraversy for a long time. I personally have gone back and forth on this issue and still not been able to come to an answer I can live with. On one hand aborting the fetus is killing what will become a child. Often people don't want to pay for pregnancy or simply don't want a child. And you could say that because it is a forien organism they don't want so they have the right to get rid of it, even resulting in it's death, bodily domain.

Discuss: should laws concerning abortion be changed? should the doctor require a parent or guardian's permission? or should they stay the same?

What follows is my opinion:
    Abortion= Wrong! ( as in, not holy ) )
    It's the killing of a devoloping human being who has no say in the decision or any protection.

What follows is fact:
    ::Sorta gross stuff below::
    Ask yourself, what are the steps in an abortion? Well, there are several different ways you can choose. You can insert a cutting device into the womb and chop the baby up and then suck out the peices in a tiny vaccuum. Or you could take a pill that burns the baby to death, then you deliver a dead baby. Or you can deliver a baby half way (head only) and then have the doctor remove it's brains then deliver the rest of the dead baby. There are some other procedures that I can't remeber and don't feel like looking up.
    (Learned this in one semester of my Religion class).
    So as you can see...abortion is a very gruesome procedure...how it's legal, I'll never know.

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jynxie Cat
    What follows is my opinion:
    Abortion= Wrong! ( as in, not holy ) )
    It's the killing of a devoloping human being who has no say in the decision or any protection.

What follows is fact:
    ::Sorta gross stuff below::
    Ask yourself, what are the steps in an abortion? Well, there are several different ways you can choose. You can insert a cutting device into the womb and chop the baby up and then suck out the peices in a tiny vaccuum. Or you could take a pill that burns the baby to death, then you deliver a dead baby. Or you can deliver a baby half way (head only) and then have the doctor remove it's brains then deliver the rest of the dead baby. There are some other procedures that I can't remeber and don't feel like looking up.
    (Learned this in one semester of my Religion class).
    So as you can see...abortion is a very gruesome procedure...how it's legal, I'll never know.
    ... I can't see anything that pertains to actual arguement. Please build on what I said or argue against it. Obviously there is a simple answer to counter that. The woman has bodily domain, and he baby is unwanted, and "durring the legal time for abortion" does not have a nervous system and does not feel anything.

Enthusiast

Ok we cant say abbortian is wrong as we dont know all the facts and what the mother/Parents are going through

IMO I think Abbortian is alright as long as its for a good cause

I can honestly understand most situations where someone wouldn't want to/be able to be a parent(s), but I don't think abortion is the right choice.

There is such a thing as an orphanage, the best thing to do is have the kid, and put him/her up for adoption afterwards. You'll have done some lonely people who want a kid of their own a lot of good.

Veteran Enthusiast BEER BEER STRONG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Toastmaster
    I can honestly understand most situations where someone wouldn't want to/be able to be a parent(s), but I don't think abortion is the right choice.
    Well, teen pregnancies are one scenario. But what my question is, why not put them up for adoption. That is what responsible people would do. Go through labour, and put the child up for adoption so that they can live a better life than the parents could provide. Its not like its hard to do...there are even agencies for it. people say that "its hard to give up your baby" But, killing it is okay? -crazy-

I personally think abortion should be allowed, but I still disagree with it

TM - exactly.
    [center:16hbm10o]

He lost all his friends
    He didn't need his friends
    He lived with his mother and repeated himself[/center:16hbm10o]

I think the mother should give the baby a chance. If she doesn't want to raise the baby, give it to a foster family, or a couple who have medical conditions that don't allow them to conceive. No sense in killing the baby, it has the right to live too.
    [center:3qmfvtqh][/center:3qmfvtqh]

Ahh, I love you people. I think abortion is only acceptable under the following conditions,
    - The baby is a result of rape or incest
    - The birth will kill the mother
    And even then maybe the first one doesn't count. I got an email back in 2004, and it said " If you were about to have a baby, and you knew that it would be blind, deaf, have all sorts of other medical problems that would make life almost unlivable, woyld you have an abortion?" There was a yes and no button. If you clicked yes, then you got the following message, " Good job, you just killed Beethoven". A pretty strong message in my opinion. If his mother had decided to have had him killed after birth because of his "deformities", he would nebver have changed the world.
    I'm gay.

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by slash_rulez
    Quote Originally Posted by Toastmaster
    Well, teen pregnancies are one scenario. But what my question is, why not put them up for adoption. That is what responsible people would do. Go through labour, and put the child up for adoption so that they can live a better life than the parents could provide. Its not like its hard to do...there are even agencies for it. people say that "its hard to give up your baby" But, killing it is okay? -crazy-

I personally think abortion should be allowed, but I still disagree with it

TM - exactly.
    well I have to argue that the adoption system, especially in the us is in terrible condition. so we should make free birthing clinics and a clean, safe adoption program and then have strict rules on when abortions are nececcary.

Fresh Newbie
    there are more different reasons to abort the unborn, such as what if it would not live, for example: the mother has been addicted to drugs.
    under those circumstances, i find abortion completely plausable.

but other circumstance, such as the mother not wanting the child. i think abortian is a terrible thing. if a stupid girl has gotten herself into that mess, she should atleast have the desenecey not to kill the unborn, but to give birth and put the infant up for adoption.

children, as we know, live through hell these days. and it will keep getting worse, by far. but in life, every life. the good balances out the bad in the end. living in general is a spactacular thing, i do not think anybody should have the right to take another beings life away. it is sick and wrong. (in my opinion, ofcourse.)

-monsterface.
    monsterface

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast