Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Big bang

Big bang

I was arguing with a guy who is very religious and he asked me: If science can explain everything then what happened before of the big bang?
    I said, if space and time are part of the same. That is, if space is inherent in time and vice-versa; then it doesn't make sense to ask what existed before of the big bang, does it? I mean if there was no space there was no time. So everything, including time, happened with the big bang. Is this right?
    [center:1vms8s0o]...which is why Jimi hendrix is God, period.[/center:1vms8s0o]

Re: Big bang

Well, regardless of time, the universe would have had to come from something. So far, logic would tell us that nothing can be infinite, exept nothingness and numbers which are both abstract things.
    what is homo love?

I'm pretty sure most theories say that the big bang is the beginning of time. Time is not infinite. Nothing existed before the big bang.
    [center:hn9zn80r][/center:hn9zn80r]

Lol I won't actually make a real contribution to the thread, but I can see where your discussion with your friend was going, and it amuses me immensely the fact that he was going to say something around the lines of "See? Science cannot explain it, that obviously means God has to exist!"

First off you fucked up if you said science can explain anything, it can't. Second off, just ask him who created God? And then mention the evidence of expanding universes, other planets, and just show him how illogical a God is. Tell him to think outside his closed mind.

I actually believe that science can explain everything...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazzystan
    Well, regardless of time, the universe would have had to come from something. So far, logic would tell us that nothing can be infinite, exept nothingness and numbers which are both abstract things.
    Following my logic, there was no space before, hence there was no time. Which would mean that that point, or whatever the "big bang" was, was always existed.
    What I mean is, time started with the big bang nothing was before so nothing created it, it was just there, don't ask me why. This is how I interpret the big bang.

Quote Originally Posted by Xemozu
    Lol I won't actually make a real contribution to the thread, but I can see where your discussion with your friend was going, and it amuses me immensely the fact that he was going to say something around the lines of "See? Science cannot explain it, that obviously means God has to exist!"
    Probably he would. However, he just said "that's absurd. Then why do so many people believe in god?" and I told him he was retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Erup
    Following my logic, there was no space before, hence there was no time. Which would mean that that point, or whatever the "big bang" was, was always existed.
    What I mean is, time started with the big bang nothing was before so nothing created it, it was just there, don't ask me why. This is how I interpret the big bang.
    Yes, the big bang was the start of time within the universe, but How do you know there wasn't a timeline before the big bang which lead to its events?

Of course science can explain everything, as everything is science. It doesn't mean to say that we've got to the stage that science does explain everything.
    what is homo love?

Yes, the big bang was the start of time within the universe, but How do you know there wasn't a timeline before the big bang which lead to its events?
    Well, technically,we got this one universe. This is all I know, the rest is speculation, so I can't take anymore conclusions. It is hard, though, to understand how all the matter got concentrated in one point...

can somebody explain to me why we debate over this same topic every month when there is no proven answer? it's not really debating, more like expressing beliefs.
    [center:155dogaz][/center:155dogaz]

Why is the god thread so popular if you got no proof?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast