Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

View Poll Results: Are you religious

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

1 33.33%
  • Religion is a really stupid idea

2 66.67%
  • Yes

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Religion (no offense intended)

Okay, this is not meant to be offensive to anyone but religion is just kinda stupid. I mean, we know the earth is over 4000 years old, the big bang is real, and Muhammed, Jesus and Abraham were all trying to explain why the world is like it is. But science disproves all this. I swear to, well not god but... never mind, but God did not say, "I will go create a species, I will call it man." Which brings me to my next point. Mankind was not started by a naked boy and girl, a snake and a fruit they couldn't eat. I mean, lets look at evolution. We evolved from simian life forms. We did not start off as Adam and Eve, clay statues made by Prometheus and Epimetheus, or even rocks. No, we are descendants of bacteria formed in the primordial muck.

And shot again. And again. And if you die you will still be shot again.
    My thread
    My New Website

Devoted Veteran

Re: Religion (no offense intended)

The Big Bang 'is real'? You sure it's not just a theory?

No real argument from me here, but if you're going to start a debate thread then try to word it a little better.

Quote Originally Posted by Soap MacTavish
    The Big Bang 'is real'? You sure it's not just a theory?
    We have found radiation showing a massive explosion. I pretty sure it's real.

And shot again. And again. And if you die you will still be shot again.
    My thread
    My New Website

Devoted Veteran

I pretty sure it's still a theory.

I hope you know that the majority of people who are religious don't actually believe the earth was formed 4000 or whatever years ago or that humans came from Adam and Eve. They just believe there's some sort of higher being out there that might have caused our existence. I'm not religious, but too many people overgeneralize religion as crawling on your knees before god with a bible in your hand screaming evolution is a lie :/
    Not to mention there's other religions like Buddhism and such that concentrate more on the spiritual side of things rather than on the praying to god deal.
    [center:hn9zn80r][/center:hn9zn80r]

Explain to me why this doesn't fit in the God or the old religion thread.

It's not that it doesn't fit, it's just that he never thought somebody would've had the idea of making a religion topic before him.

Thanks for repeating, in a bad way, arguments that have been brought a hundred times or so.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkWu
    Okay, this is not meant to be offensive to anyone but religion is just kinda stupid. I mean, we know the earth is over 4000 years old, the big bang is real, and Muhammed, Jesus and Abraham were all trying to explain why the world is like it is. But science disproves all this. I swear to, well not god but... never mind, but God did not say, "I will go create a species, I will call it man." Which brings me to my next point. Mankind was not started by a naked boy and girl, a snake and a fruit they couldn't eat. I mean, lets look at evolution. We evolved from simian life forms. We did not start off as Adam and Eve, clay statues made by Prometheus and Epimetheus, or even rocks. No, we are descendants of bacteria formed in the primordial muck.
    I find this offensive.

And besides, everyone knows I created the best religious debate thread back in like January of 2009. Well, the longest lasting one anyway.
    [center:3mqb32jl]M[/center:3mqb32jl]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast