Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Concept of time

Dedicated Member

Concept of time

This is a question I have tryed to work out for ages, this aimed for people who believe in God, but others can give their opinion: If man created the concept of time, how do we know it took God 7 days to make everything (before Chuck Norris took over).

(If this is religion vs. science block the topic)
    a gift form Bahamut

Ok, apart from the chuck norris bit, that's a good point. If you believe in fate (everything decided before it's actually happened), then everything has already happened. So, "god" is timeless, if you get me, and so it took him no time at all to make heaven/earth etc.
    [center:3qmfvtqh][/center:3qmfvtqh]

SA
    Enthusiast

I know. God is this all powerful being. Then why did it take him 7 days to build a universe. And WHY did he rest on the 7th day? Lazy bastard.

Enthusiast
    Just for the heck of it SA, just for the heck of it.

He waited seven days not because it took Him that long, or not because He was lazy (wtf?), more of because He wanted it to have some sort of meaning. I dunno what really, but think about it: Everything religous that has been recorded had some sort of meaning to it. Like how the devil is came at 666. how lucky is it that Satan happend to come at 666? He could've came at on the Saturday of November 7th, 523, at 5:21 PM. So instead of it taking God no time to make it, it took him seven days. No, not 6 days, 14 hours and 37 minutes. No sir. It has to take one week exactly.

But to awnser your question, God knows and does everything. So technically God created man to create the concept of time. I dunno, just go with me here.
    Insert Blank

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Smoothe
    Just for the heck of it SA, just for the heck of it.

He waited seven days not because it took Him that long, or not because He was lazy (wtf?), more of because He wanted it to have some sort of meaning. I dunno what really, but think about it: Everything religous that has been recorded had some sort of meaning to it. Like how the devil is came at 666. how lucky is it that Satan happend to come at 666? He could've came at on the Saturday of November 7th, 523, at 5:21 PM. So instead of it taking God no time to make it, it took him seven days. No, not 6 days, 14 hours and 37 minutes. No sir. It has to take one week exactly.

But to awnser your question, God knows and does everything. So technically God created man to create the concept of time. I dunno, just go with me here.
    Here's what I think: only humans could care about super cool coincedental numbers, so they made up stories about "god" and "the devil" to sound cool. That sentence is basically why I don't believe in god. It's the same thing with vampires, the loch ness monster and all that other impossible stuff.

Enthusiast

Its all mind bogling. What is God and Satan? Are they actually beings of Red and white? Or and they some paegan myth made up to keep the amish children out of the woods? No one will ever know. Time is unethical to anything. Time is not time. For what is time with out time? Time cannot been fortold by a round plate with 12 numbers, 3 hands, and a lot of machinery. No, time is just an essence.

Dedicated Member
    Most of the stuff that has been said made sence, but how did it all start?
    a gift form Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Bandito
    Its all mind bogling. What is God and Satan? Are they actually beings of Red and white? Or and they some paegan myth made up to keep the amish children out of the woods? No one will ever know. Time is unethical to anything. Time is not time. For what is time with out time? Time cannot been fortold by a round plate with 12 numbers, 3 hands, and a lot of machinery. No, time is just an essence.
    . . poetic.

I've said before, religion has no grounds in science because it's like trying to add apples and exploding babies (avoiding the cliche). Therefore, time and religion are totally separate, because it's a metaphor. I win!

Seriously, I don't understand why no one believes time is real and not just a human concept. I'm not up to explaining it right now but the univerese could not exist as it does without time.

Dedicated Member
    So if we didn't have time we would just be suspened without anyrecord of anything, we wouldn't have age
    a gift form Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Smashdood
    Quote Originally Posted by Bandito
    . . poetic.

I've said before, religion has no grounds in science because it's like trying to add apples and exploding babies (avoiding the cliche). Therefore, time and religion are totally separate, because it's a metaphor. I win!

Seriously, I don't understand why no one believes time is real and not just a human concept. I'm not up to explaining it right now but the univerese could not exist as it does without time.
    Could you explain that smashdood? Don't worry, we have all the time in the world. :P Ho ho ho.

SD- Yeah I said no before and I stil won't. Go buy the book. Spammer.

No. :P

jeffkw: you two are hilarious

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast