Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 20 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Racism

Racism

What do you think about racism, is it actually wrong? Or just a different opinion?

Click for my thread.^

Re: Racism

Lets see.. I don't think its racist to call a black person black. Why? Because he is black. Its just stating a fact. I'm not saying he is inferior in any way by calling him black, so it's not racist. Though everyone would assume I'm being racist, because they assume that I think black is inferior. Or they themselves think black is inferior, which, by their logic makes them the racist.

Or, you might assume its racist because he is actually brown, and black is a lot darker than brown. But whats actually wrong with that? So I'm bad at distinguishing colors, I'm not a bad person.

But even then, I do not think there is anything particularly wrong with racism itself. Calling an African a "Black Slave" is obviously wrong, and you would be racist in saying that. But think, why is it wrong? There were two words in that sentence. One was the word "black", and one was the word "slave". The "black part of it puts it into the category of racism, but it is the "slave" part which actually makes it wrong. Calling someone just a slave would be just as bad in my opinion, putting "black" in front of it makes it racist, but it's no less wrong than before. Unless you think that there is something wrong with being black.

Quote Originally Posted by OblivionFall
    Lets see.. I don't think its racist to call a black person black. Why? Because he is black. Its just stating a fact. I'm not saying he is inferior in any way by calling him black, so it's not racist. Though everyone would assume I'm being racist, because they assume that I think black is inferior. Or they themselves think black is inferior, which, by their logic makes them the racist.

Or, you might assume its racist because he is actually brown, and black is a lot darker than brown. But whats actually wrong with that? So I'm bad at distinguishing colors, I'm not a bad person.

But even then, I do not think there is anything particularly wrong with racism itself. Calling an African a "Black Slave" is obviously wrong, and you would be racist in saying that. But think, why is it wrong? There were two words in that sentence. One was the word "black", and one was the word "slave". The "black part of it puts it into the category of racism, but it is the "slave" part which actually makes it wrong. Calling someone just a slave would be just as bad in my opinion, putting "black" in front of it makes it racist, but it's no less wrong than before. Unless you think that there is something wrong with being black.
    You have a very warped perception on what racism is.

Well,treating one race better than the other is wrong (we know that ) We should all be treated the same as each other instead of making one race feel bad for being the race that they are :/
    My thread Is Here

[spoiler:3su6tuc0]Funniest video EVER[/spoiler:3su6tuc0]

Quote Originally Posted by Druidkoichi
    Well,treating one race better than the other is wrong (we know that ) We should all be treated the same as each other instead of making one race feel bad for being the race that they are :/
    You are so right.

In recent years (in South Africa at least), instead of white people being treated better that black people (ie, being more likely to get a job just because of their skin colour), black people are being treated better, because it would be 'rasist' to hire the white man for the job. Sexism has been reversed too, but I won't go into that on this thread.
    I agree with Druidkoichi, one race should not be thought of or treated as 'better' than another race.
    (FORZA ZORZA!)

Quote Originally Posted by Skype

I am completely aware that treating one race better than another is completely unfair and wrong. The point I was making is that its wrong to treat anyone better than another, regardless of race. Every human being has equal value, race has nothing to do with it.

So when I say "I do not think there is anything particularly wrong with racism itself", I mean its pointless to focus on the fact that the people being treated unfairly are from a different race, and we should focus on the fact that there are people being treated unfairly.

Quote Originally Posted by Skype

I am completely aware that treating one race better than another is completely unfair and wrong. The point I was making is that its wrong to treat anyone better than another, regardless of race. Every human being has equal value, race has nothing to do with it.

So when I say "I do not think there is anything particularly wrong with racism itself", I mean its pointless to focus on the fact that the people being treated unfairly are from a different race, and we should focus on the fact that there are people being treated unfairly.
    Exactly
    My thread Is Here

Ok, it does annoy me at school when someone uses the work black about me without offence, and some retard has to say "RACIST" but in that case it doesn't mean he's racist, it just mean he thinks it is racist, and is clearly stating that, not being racist.

Click for my thread.^

Quote Originally Posted by Dildo Babies
    Ok, it does annoy me at school when someone uses the work black about me without offence, and some retard has to say "RACIST" but in that case it doesn't mean he's racist, it just mean he thinks it is racist, and is clearly stating that, not being racist.
    Well I think that you should just ignore him but anyways as I was saying its wrong to treat another race better than another we are all equal in pretty much everything (except for the specific person's specialty)
    My thread Is Here

Enthusiast
    An ancient ravine on an abandoned planet, tending to the daffodils

Racism is not wrong. I often go on weekend lynchings because I hate niggers. What's wrong with hating someone because of their skin color?

Page 1 of 20 123411 ... LastLast