Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

View Poll Results: Smoking?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

8 14.55%
  • No

40 72.73%
  • I'm already addicted

7 12.73%
Page 1 of 19 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Cigarettes

Cigarettes

Cigarettes are unhealthy, gross and rather nasty altogether. Should the UN, or the EU, or some other international alliance make them illegal? Also, it saves paint so people do not have to put up no smoking signs in buildings. But people who already are addicted might go mad at the loss, and maybe go to "certain lengths" to smoke again.

And shot again. And again. And if you die you will still be shot again.
    My thread
    My New Website

Re: Cigarettes

Smoking should not be made illegal. For a few reasons: (Will elaborate)
    1: Smoking is addicting, and in a lot of times, it calms people down.. And with the people addicted to it, as you stated above, could cause anarchy.

2: Smoking pot is becoming in a few States (I'm in USA) and if they let that be legal, smoking is nothing.

3: If I'm correct, Alcohol does more damage to your liver + brain than smoking does to your lounges. If beer and what not is legal, smoking should me.

Yes, I smoke.

Quote Originally Posted by Simple
    Smoking should not be made illegal. For a few reasons: (Will elaborate)
    1: Smoking is addicting, and in a lot of times, it calms people down.. And with the people addicted to it, as you stated above, could cause anarchy.

2: Smoking pot is becoming in a few States (I'm in USA) and if they let that be legal, smoking is nothing.

3: If I'm correct, Alcohol does more damage to your liver + brain than smoking does to your lounges. If beer and what not is legal, smoking should me.

Yes, I smoke.
    I'm from the States too, and every time I smell tobacco I wince. If you smoke, thats fine with me, but I strive to keep tumors out of my lungs.

My thread
    My New Website

Then don't smoke. It's illegal to smoke in public places, or within so much distance of a public building. There's even separate sections in restraunts for smokers.

No, it shouldn't be illegal. Yeah, you're basically puffing on emphysema in stick form but people should have the right to decide what they put in their own bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Wave
    No, it shouldn't be illegal. Yeah, you're basically puffing on emphysema in stick form but people should have the right to decide what they put in their own bodies.
    So by that logic all drugs should be legal too.

Actually, no Skype. Drugs are illegal for the threat they can cause to the public, not because it damages the people that use them.

Quote Originally Posted by Simple
    Actually, no Skype. Drugs are illegal for the threat they can cause to the public, not because it damages the people that use them.
    Yeah, and cigarettes really have no threat to the public, unlike alcohol, and heroin. But, governments just sit back and relax while people practically pump cancer into their bodies.

My thread
    My New Website

Whether they are illegal or not will not make much of a difference, if anything it will cost the countries that make them illegal extreme amounts of money, which they can not afford. They will lose money due to the tax revenue that was brought in from tobacco products and on top they will have to spend an insane amount of money to enforce the laws on cigarettes. I mean, most people who smoke are addicts, will the law stop them? Just like it stops all the kids in my area from smoking weed...

Making alchohol or cigarettes illegal is just not possible at this point. Too many people consume those products and the countries make insane amounts of money off them. United States already tried to do it with alchohol a long time ago. That didn't work out so well.

In my opinion, I wouldn't mind seeing all recreational drugs legalized. People find a way to do it one way or another.
    Slubberdegullion = Pivotelite.

Quote Originally Posted by Skype
    Quote Originally Posted by Wave
    So by that logic all drugs should be legal too.
    No, since cigarettes don't alter your behavior.

Page 1 of 19 123411 ... LastLast