Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19
  1. #1
    Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    A castle in the sky
    Posts
    1,088

    Women's equality(?)

    I'm a little unsure if the title is the best phrase to use, but regardless, I'm rollin' with it.

    This is something I think about every now and then. Women are supposed to have equal rights to men, yes? (Voting, ownership of property, etc etc). So they have equal rights, privileges, and all of that fun stuff. So why is it that in certain situations involving women have drastically different outcomes from if it were just two guys.

    Main thing I think of his hitting a girl. Generally, frowned upon by society. A guy hits another guy, k whatever, they fight, shit happens, life goes on. Girl hits guy, and its alright. Guy hits a girl however, and you're suddenly a horrible, terrible person. Where's the limit on when you would be allowed to hit a girl. Self defense? Cause I'm pretty sure regardless of who is coming at me with a knife or something, if I have a way to get a hit in that will stop them, I'll damn well take it.

    (This might have more to do with double standards than anything so feel free to go with that I guess. I probably shouldn't have made this thread at 2 in the morning, but whatever. If something is worded weird or unclear, I apologize.)
    Make this stop. Let this end.

    This life chose me. I'm not lost in sin!
    Pivot_Forum[/center:2qccu6wl]
    [center:2qccu6wl]
    Quote Originally Posted by Nour
    Quote Originally Posted by Tree Lotion
    NO U R.
    You called?

  2. #2
    Mother Russia Cavolia's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Soviet Russia
    Posts
    4,317

    Re: Women's equality(?)

    In law, there is no difference in hitting guy or a woman.(implying the one hitting is a guy)
    The victoms have in both situations the right to place a charge on this guy, and in both situations the guy will stand trial for violence.

    There is only a difference in social view, it's all about the society you live in.
    | Pivot | Artwork | Youtube |
    DD Achievements:
    Spoiler:

    Beginner:
    • 16 august 2008

    Intermediate:
    • 9 January 2009

    Veteran:
    • 28 June 2010


    666 Posts:
    • 3 July 2010

    1000 Posts:
    • 12 November 2010

    2000 Posts:
    • 30 March 2011

    3000 Posts:
    • 25 December 2011

    4000 Posts:
    • 19 November 2012


    Vip:
    • 15 July 2010
      Special thanks to Arch

    Myfiles:
    • 29 October 2010
      Special thanks to Mango

    2 Month ban:
    • 16 July 2010
      Special thanks to Skype

  3. #3
    Insanity Skype's Avatar



    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    England
    Posts
    27,397

    Re: Women's equality(?)

    I actually think about the same thing, just not in this curcumstance. Hitting a woman in a case of self defence; as in she's coming at you with a knife, is perfectly acceptable. I'd give her another jab to the stomach afterwards just to make sure.

    The looking down on hitting women I believe comes from regular situations, like a small argument or if a man is annoyed with said girl.

    Regardless a lot of it is down to personal opinion. A majority of societies outlook on hitting a girl is of course that it's worse than murder. However presenting them the "women want equality" argument would shut them straight up, in my opinion.

    I wouldn't hit a girl unless it was literally life or death. If my life was threatened I'd treat her how I would treat a man, but otherwise I wouldn't even dream of it.

    I personally believe women are not equal. Not in a sense where they are less of a human than a man but because of how male figures are attracted to them (I guess this applies to pretty women lols).

    Women have all kinds of tricks that they use just to get what they want, and because of this I don't think they have the right to claim the equality card.

    The topic itself is a bit shady imo, it's never really discussed a lot unless by a woman lol.

    Edit:

    @Cavolia: that's not strictly speaking true. The Jury is part of the legal system and considering that is made up of people from the public, they will generally favour the woman. Sure there is probably a couple of smart people who would treat them as equals but because of how general society views the subject a lot of them would vote in favour of the woman. That's what I think would happen anyway. I've never actually been inside a Jury so I cannot truly comment.

  4. #4
    Fanatic Enthusiast Luke's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    3,706

    Re: Women's equality(?)

    Ever since women have been getting more and more equality, the human population has been aging, because women are having less babies, and they are having them at later ages. Whereas in the early 1900s women would be giving birth around 20 nowadays its more around 30 and they have significantly less children.

    I don't find this very fair, because women use this to their advantage like, oh I used to abuse my husband until he finally hit back, thats not fair I'm a women. Blah blah fuckity blah. Imagine some thin woman who wants to apply for a job that involves a lot of heavy lifting, and man trying for the job also who is not big but has quite a strong build, but the women has no criminal charges and the man has one for driving under the influence of alcohol. Now, if I were the employer I would choose the man, why? Because he has a stronger body build for the job. And then the woman would go on about it being all sexist and just because its a typical male job doesn't mean she can't do it. There are plenty of jobs they would be more suited to anyway.

    My argument seems a little bland and has things missing from it, so it may seem odd; but it is late.
    R.I.P Grace - 18 November 1997 - 14 March 2011

    |PM Me |My Thread |Request a Move Up |Report a Rulebreaker |The Rules |

  5. #5
    Mother Russia Cavolia's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Soviet Russia
    Posts
    4,317

    Re: Women's equality(?)

    Quote Originally Posted by Skype
    Women have all kinds of tricks that they use just to get what they want, and because of this I don't think they have the right to claim the equality card.
    That is called manipulation.
    Woman's just use it in another way than man do(mostly less violent)

    @Camel
    You make no sence, and the birth thing has nothing to do with equality
    (though i am glad woman don't give birth at young age)
    You are also implying most woman are bitches who abuse their powers, you are stupid.
    | Pivot | Artwork | Youtube |
    DD Achievements:
    Spoiler:

    Beginner:
    • 16 august 2008

    Intermediate:
    • 9 January 2009

    Veteran:
    • 28 June 2010


    666 Posts:
    • 3 July 2010

    1000 Posts:
    • 12 November 2010

    2000 Posts:
    • 30 March 2011

    3000 Posts:
    • 25 December 2011

    4000 Posts:
    • 19 November 2012


    Vip:
    • 15 July 2010
      Special thanks to Arch

    Myfiles:
    • 29 October 2010
      Special thanks to Mango

    2 Month ban:
    • 16 July 2010
      Special thanks to Skype

  6. #6
    Insanity Skype's Avatar



    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    England
    Posts
    27,397

    Re: Women's equality(?)

    Quote Originally Posted by Cavolia
    Quote Originally Posted by Skype
    Women have all kinds of tricks that they use just to get what they want, and because of this I don't think they have the right to claim the equality card.
    That is called manipulation.
    Woman's just use it in another way than man do(mostly less violent)
    I know what it's called, what's your point?

  7. #7
    Fanatic Enthusiast Luke's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    3,706

    Re: Women's equality(?)

    Quote Originally Posted by Cavolia
    Quote Originally Posted by Skype
    Women have all kinds of tricks that they use just to get what they want, and because of this I don't think they have the right to claim the equality card.
    That is called manipulation.
    Woman's just use it in another way than man do(mostly less violent)

    @Camel
    You make no sence, and the birth thing has nothing to do with equality
    (though i am glad woman don't give birth at young age)
    You are also implying most woman are bitches who abuse their powers, you are stupid.
    Oops my bad, I guess I should really read over what I say.
    R.I.P Grace - 18 November 1997 - 14 March 2011

    |PM Me |My Thread |Request a Move Up |Report a Rulebreaker |The Rules |

  8. #8
    Mother Russia Cavolia's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Soviet Russia
    Posts
    4,317

    Re: Women's equality(?)

    Quote Originally Posted by Skype
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavolia
    That is called manipulation.
    Woman's just use it in another way than man do(mostly less violent)
    I know what it's called, what's your point?
    That man also have their "tricks".
    I don't think it's a point to untake their equal rights.
    | Pivot | Artwork | Youtube |
    DD Achievements:
    Spoiler:

    Beginner:
    • 16 august 2008

    Intermediate:
    • 9 January 2009

    Veteran:
    • 28 June 2010


    666 Posts:
    • 3 July 2010

    1000 Posts:
    • 12 November 2010

    2000 Posts:
    • 30 March 2011

    3000 Posts:
    • 25 December 2011

    4000 Posts:
    • 19 November 2012


    Vip:
    • 15 July 2010
      Special thanks to Arch

    Myfiles:
    • 29 October 2010
      Special thanks to Mango

    2 Month ban:
    • 16 July 2010
      Special thanks to Skype

  9. #9
    Veteran Enthusiast Krustalien's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    www.artangle.net
    Posts
    8,111

    Re: Women's equality(?)

    From a male point of view, I find this subject horrible. The actual content may be an actual problem, and yes, in a quite a lot (let's not get carried away here) of cases a man will treat a woman in a different way.

    You're not going to go and hug another man and kiss their hand under normal circumstances, whereas doing that to a woman is perfectly acceptable. There, that's a difference and it's accepted socially. Woman are not treated nor are they same.

    They have the same rights, but by no means are they equal, is what I am trying to say.

    What I find so horrible is the way this subject is ballooned into something huge and so ott, the way they teach these things in school is terrible. I'm 14 and all but about 2 of my 10-12 regular teachers are completely oblivious retards. They bring out sheets which are OUTDATED, the most recent "list of cases" or whatever I've ever been shown in school was in 2003. The usual is before the turn of the century.

    These studies are often in Spain, and Spain is going through huge changes right now, it's slowly becoming a richer and more respectable country. Things are changing at too high of a rate to be planting old information into the 13-14 year old minds of the girls in schools. It's just asking for problems that don't exist.

    Because of the way it's told, now 95% of the girls my age think all men are dickheads that want to fuck you and nothing else. Which is horrific. It's a problem, but Jesus at a fraction of the scale at which it's currently blown up.

    Of course, this is a view from a young mind in small farming community in the corner of no where. My town has about 14k people in it, the large majority are over 60. It's an old style town which is disconnected from the rest of the world so to speak, so my interpretation of the subject in hand may be shocking or incorrect to people in other situations.

    I apologize for getting off topic, btw.


  10. #10
    Insanity Skype's Avatar



    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    England
    Posts
    27,397

    Re: Women's equality(?)

    Quote Originally Posted by Cavolia
    Quote Originally Posted by Skype
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavolia
    That is called manipulation.
    Woman's just use it in another way than man do(mostly less violent)
    I know what it's called, what's your point?
    That man also have their "tricks".
    I don't think it's a point to untake their equal rights.
    Imagine this, you work at a coffee shop and a girl buys a coffee. She's a 20c short and pushes her cleavage together and licks her lips and you let her off the couple of cents. Next time a guy does that to you, let me know.

    MY point is that women exploit their feminism to gain an upper hand in a male world, then complain that they want equal rights.


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •