Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Thread: Existentialism

Existentialism

Yeah well, I was watching The Truman Show last night on Channel 4, and i was thinking that it's very Existentialist.
    For those who don't know, Existentialism is where the only thing you can prove is that you exist, and the only person you can prove it to is yourself, because you know you exist because you're right there, thinking about yourself existing.
    You can't prove that anyone else exists for real, because it could all be in your mind.
    You can't prove to anyone else that YOU exist, because to them it could all be in their mind.
    I think, therefore I am.

If you didn't understand one word of that, google it.

What are we supposed to do about that theory? You didn't say something like "discuss this" or "is this true/false" etc.
    [center:3qmfvtqh][/center:3qmfvtqh]

hehehe he's right mate :P like what the hell are we sposed to do?? (-cool_)
    Quote Originally Posted by SoapMacTavish
    IM GAY

Re: Existentialism

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallows
    Yeah well, I was watching The Truman Show last night on Channel 4, and i was thinking that it's very Existentialist.
    For those who don't know, Existentialism is where the only thing you can prove is that you exist, and the only person you can prove it to is yourself, because you know you exist because you're right there, thinking about yourself existing.
    You can't prove that anyone else exists for real, because it could all be in your mind.
    You can't prove to anyone else that YOU exist, because to them it could all be in their mind.
    I think, therefore I am.

If you didn't understand one word of that, google it.
    Ok.

That is all that can really be said for this. Your statement makes perfect sense and there isnt any place for discussion.