Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

View Poll Results: Video Technology in football?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

2 50.00%
  • No

1 25.00%
  • Only on certain decisions.

1 25.00%
    Enthusiast

Video Technology in football (soccer)?

Referees are very important in a football game. Their decisions can change the result of a match. But they don't always make the correct ones, and that's inevitable.
    For years people have been debating on whether or not to use Video Technology in professional football. There would be less controversy, fewer arguments on the field, and it would benefit both refs and players if the correct decisions were made by the ref via the help of Video Technology.
    Of course, UEFA don't want that; referee mistakes means increased media attention, and more media attention equals money.
    Also keep in mind that although Video Technology is used in rubgy, there is a difference: referees in rubgy have time to make up their mind, whilst referees in football must make split-second decisions.
    [center:nqgfv8bw][/center:nqgfv8bw]

[center:nqgfv8bw]Add me on Skype: Valium_DD[/center:nqgfv8bw]

Re: Video Technology in football (soccer)?

Are you seriously trying to debate this. Who gives a fuck, football is boring as shit.

Now as I'm on topic, I would say that it would be a good idea to shed light on ref mistakes. It gives examples on skills of referees to the world. And Skype, nobody gives a damn whether you like football or not.

And shot again. And again. And if you die you will still be shot again.
    My thread
    My New Website

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Skype
    Are you seriously trying to debate this. Who gives a fuck, football is boring as shit.
    lol i'm sorry skype, i shouldn't have made a debate about something you didn't like.
    [center:nqgfv8bw][/center:nqgfv8bw]

[center:nqgfv8bw]Add me on Skype: Valium_DD[/center:nqgfv8bw]

Come on guys quit bumping this thread. Skype doesn't like this.

I don't follow much soccer, pretty much only watch the World Cup every four years, but watching this year, I can't see how anyone can say its a bad idea for the use of video technology. There were so many claims of bad calls from the refs in quite a few matches, and the video replays shown on TV clearly showed that some shots shouldn't have been counted, and some others should have, and some of those bad calls decided the outcome of games.

Refs make mistakes, and I think the organizations should be more concerned with the validity and integrity of their games and scores, and be less concerned about whether or not a certain ref looks bad or not.