Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: the Homeless

the Homeless

Where I live, homeless people are very common. You see them on street corners and highway offramps with cardboard signs, saying "anything helps, God Bless". I usually roll up my window and try not to look them in the eye.

Today, I was approached by a homeless man asking for spare change. He looked me right in the eyes and I quickly grabbed a dollar and gave it to him. You should've seen the look on his face, he seemed so appreciative. Like he expected me to say no and I surprised him.

Just the look on his face and the feeling it gave me was worth more than a dollar.
    From now on, I'm going to donate more to those who are homeless.

Anyways, how do you guys feel about the homeless?
    Obviously, it's hard to tell which ones are in genuine need and which ones use your hard-earned money to support their habits. In that case, what do you use to make a judgement call?

Veteran Enthusiast ULTRA1337piv0tz's Avatar

Re: the Homeless

I'd rather give my money to organisations who organize places where homeless are able to eat and sleep during the winter then give it to them personally so they can buy their drugs or whatever.
    Steam: xendlessnl

Dedicated Member

I love the feeling of giving a /$ to a homeless person it just make me fell different to the others that just ignored them. I only do it occasionally but i'd like to do it more it feels nice to have made a difference.
    [center:2so1lva4][/center:2so1lva4]

I don't see them very often, somtimes when leaving the supermarket they want me to buy the homeless-newspaper which i obviously don't.

I guess i would give some money to homeless people who seem to be really homeless.
    This sounds pretty stupid, but i think you can clearly see who need it and who don't.

Btw your avatar is awesome stickid... must keep watching
    | Pivot | Artwork | Youtube |
    DD Achievements:
    Spoiler:

Beginner:
    • 16 august 2008

Intermediate:
    • 9 January 2009

Veteran:
    • 28 June 2010

666 Posts:
    • 3 July 2010

1000 Posts:
    • 12 November 2010

2000 Posts:
    • 30 March 2011

3000 Posts:
    • 25 December 2011

4000 Posts:
    • 19 November 2012

Vip:
    • 15 July 2010
      Special thanks to Arch

Myfiles:
    • 29 October 2010
      Special thanks to Mango

2 Month ban:
    • 16 July 2010
      Special thanks to Skype

[youtube:32qwdm3k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcdtVD8X1-A[/youtube:32qwdm3k]
    That is all.

Enthusiast

Re: The Old Animators

I give money to homeless people quite often. I feel so sorry for them, and you get such a nice feeling afterwards, knowing that you've helped.
    [center:nqgfv8bw][/center:nqgfv8bw]

[center:nqgfv8bw]Add me on Skype: Valium_DD[/center:nqgfv8bw]

Usually the homeless are fucking unappreciative towards me. But I usually give to the homeless who play music I enjoy.

On that note, fellow dutchmen will recognize the word draaiorgel. For the rest of you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gZvQm1E7N4. I go out of my way to make sure the absolute tossers operating these know I'm not giving them a dime because I hate them. They're always fucking noisy as well, bloody noise pollution if you ask me. I think I'll start a front to firebomb every last one of these fuckers.

As for this topic, though, how is this a debate? Seems more like a life lesson you learned. Seems like it should be in general chat to me.

Veteran Enthusiast ULTRA1337piv0tz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DAMON
    Usually the homeless are fucking unappreciative towards me. But I usually give to the homeless who play music I enjoy.

On that note, fellow dutchmen will recognize the word draaiorgel. For the rest of you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gZvQm1E7N4. I go out of my way to make sure the absolute tossers operating these know I'm not giving them a dime because I hate them. They're always fucking noisy as well, bloody noise pollution if you ask me. I think I'll start a front to firebomb every last one of these fuckers.

As for this topic, though, how is this a debate? Seems more like a life lesson you learned. Seems like it should be in general chat to me.
    I fucking know right. They rent them and try to make a profit by just forcing their shit music into your ears. When I once told them to fuck off they said it was just a culture.
    Steam: xendlessnl

Totally agree, it takes no skill and they just want to make profit by doing nothing.
    I liked them when i was little, but nowaday i want to wreck them.

Though if someone is playing guitar on the street i usually give them some coins.
    | Pivot | Artwork | Youtube |
    DD Achievements:
    Spoiler:

Beginner:
    • 16 august 2008

Intermediate:
    • 9 January 2009

Veteran:
    • 28 June 2010

666 Posts:
    • 3 July 2010

1000 Posts:
    • 12 November 2010

2000 Posts:
    • 30 March 2011

3000 Posts:
    • 25 December 2011

4000 Posts:
    • 19 November 2012

Vip:
    • 15 July 2010
      Special thanks to Arch

Myfiles:
    • 29 October 2010
      Special thanks to Mango

2 Month ban:
    • 16 July 2010
      Special thanks to Skype

NEDERLANDS COMBO BREAKER

There's an African guy in Glasgow who sits in the city centre all day playing the bongo drums. If you give him money and tell him your name he sings "God bless you Jake you are welcome to Africa" Until someone else gives him money. I've given him money a few times, then came back like 5 minutes later and he was still chanting my name.
    what is homo love?

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast