Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Thread: Anarchism

Anarchism

Been a while since we had a new debate topic.

Basically I feel anarchy had it's up and downs as anything else. But i also believe people should be able to self govern themselves. And before you talk about how crazy people should NOT govern themselves, i believe an anarchic society would eventually weed them out.

Would the world be more or less successful under anarchy?
    [center:22op32gp]Music Thread[/center:22op32gp]
    [center:22op32gp][/center:22op32gp][center:22op32gp] [/center:22op32gp]

New Lunar Republic Princess Luna's Avatar

Re: Anarchism

I don't believe this is a good idea.

Without some sort of existing authority figure, society would engulf itself into chaos. Everyone could do whatever they wanted, whether it's kill someone, steal something, etc. I would think that the world would eventually be divided into MANY tribes if this were to happen.

Anarchism would eliminate much co-operations among people and thus severely lowering production in all areas.

I don't understand how anarchy could be beneficial.

Spoiler:
    Late-2006 - Started using Pivot.
    6 Apr/2010 - Became intermediate by winning the Best Beginner on DarkDemon contest.
    12 Aug/2011 - Returned to Beginner rank.
    20 Oct/2012 - Returned to DarkDemon.

Mat
    Banned

Now that we have a leading official we complain about how we shouldn't. If we were to not have one, most likely, we would complain about being leaderless. People just like to disagree.

Gotta keep this going.

While i have some support to the ideas of anarchy, i guess it might be beneficial to add that i think true anarchy is somewhat impossible. Isn't it true that even if we were in a state of total anarchy, somebody, somewhere would inevitably and ALWAYS start some form of governing?

Quote Originally Posted by Tryptamine
    Isn't it true that even if we were in a state of total anarchy, somebody, somewhere would inevitably and ALWAYS start some form of governing?
    Exactly, humans by nature have always formed themselves into some sort of hierarchical structure, whatever situation they've been in. It would take a lot of social evolution before we got out of that habit.
    what is homo love?

Quote Originally Posted by Hazzystan
    Isn't it true that even if we were in a state of total anarchy, somebody, somewhere would inevitably and ALWAYS start some form of governing?
    Exactly, humans by nature have always formed themselves into some sort of hierarchical structure, whatever situation they've been in. It would take a lot of social evolution before we got out of that habit.

Unless it could possible to create a partial anarchy system. Maybe a society only governed in the fact that each is responsible for themselves. No particular central figures, but rather a central order that no one may forcibly influence actions to another person. [Is that contradictory?]

Old Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Hazzystan
    You could narrow it down to the most primitive structures where we go back to less intelligent life such as monkeys or other mammals heck or even farther back to a creature such as fish, have hierarchical structure to them, so I think pure anarchy in itself is truly impossible.

There are some various studies on the political ideology of anarchism that is a fun read. It's really an interesting concept on paper.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egoist_anarchism
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Individualist_anarchism