Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 31
  1. #1
    Fresh Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    3

    Do you think medical marijuana should be legalized?

    We don't use marijuana thus we are unaware about how its cures sickness like
    1) ADD
    2) Insomnia, Social Awareness, Emotional Stability:
    3) MS Neuropathic Pain / Urinary Incontinence:
    4) Digestive Disorders
    5) Nausea and Diarrhea and Cramping (including Menstrual Cramps)
    6) Social Anxiety
    7) Stress

    I just hate the smell of marijuana. Do you think medical marijuana is great disguise to smoke marijuana openly in public. American Weed - The program focuses on the trials and tribulations of medical marijuana businesses in Colorado. You can check some of the videos here: http://bigbudsmag.com/news/article/a...-february-2012

    Feeling little sad after watching it.

  2. #2
    Mother Russia Cavolia's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Soviet Russia
    Posts
    4,317

    Re: Do you think medical marijuana should be legalized?

    I don't see why medicinal marijuana would be illegal. In fact, i don't see why any drugs would be illegal.
    People should be able to do what they like as long as others don't suffer from it. If you think marijuana makes your life less miserable you can smoke it as far as I'm concerned.
    | Pivot | Artwork | Youtube |
    DD Achievements:
    Spoiler:

    Beginner:
    • 16 august 2008

    Intermediate:
    • 9 January 2009

    Veteran:
    • 28 June 2010


    666 Posts:
    • 3 July 2010

    1000 Posts:
    • 12 November 2010

    2000 Posts:
    • 30 March 2011

    3000 Posts:
    • 25 December 2011

    4000 Posts:
    • 19 November 2012


    Vip:
    • 15 July 2010
      Special thanks to Arch

    Myfiles:
    • 29 October 2010
      Special thanks to Mango

    2 Month ban:
    • 16 July 2010
      Special thanks to Skype

  3. #3
    DD's Collector Faded's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    6,907

    Re: Do you think medical marijuana should be legalized?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cavolia
    I don't see why medicinal marijuana would be illegal. In fact, i don't see why any drugs would be illegal.
    People should be able to do what they like as long as others don't suffer from it. If you think marijuana makes your life less miserable you can smoke it as far as I'm concerned.
    I like the way you think and all with that post, but there are some issues with it.

    Most of your street drugs like Cocaine, LSD, etc. are illegal because they can really take a toll on the body. Sure, cigarettes and marijuana might do the same thing and all; however, if we single those out and just take these other drugs, they can lead to effects that really screw with the brain and the way our bodies work. Most of these drugs can be lethal to the body albeit some of their effects that help the body. Now, you might be saying, "well cigarettes do the same thing... why are they still legal?" A person can smoke and smoke if they wanted to and increase the risk of cancer which isn't as lethal as some of these other drugs [ironic because I smoke]. I don't want to sit behind this desk and preach about how certain drugs should remain illegal, but you need to really do the research before you jump to such a hasty conclusion. Plus, no matter how many times you say it: people are going to be effected by addiction to any kind of drug whether it'd be emotional or financial.
    YouTube Channel | Community Channel
    Steam: chaotic50
    PSN: iFadeDx
    Skype: darkdemonusertim

    Feel free to add me, just let me know who you are.

  4. #4
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    An ancient ravine on an abandoned planet, tending to the daffodils
    Posts
    1,516

    Re: Do you think medical marijuana should be legalized?

    No doubt it should be legal. I don't think it's any worse than the average pill for nausea or headaches. There is legal medication out there with more severe side effects than marijuana, I don't think it should even be a question.

    Though I think that not EVERY recreational drug should be legalized. We don't want drugs out there that can cause you to go batshit insane, and kill people in horrific ways. We don't want Big Lurches everywhere.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Lurch# ... nd_lawsuit

  5. #5
    Mother Russia Cavolia's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Soviet Russia
    Posts
    4,317

    Re: Do you think medical marijuana should be legalized?

    Quote Originally Posted by Faded
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavolia
    I don't see why medicinal marijuana would be illegal. In fact, i don't see why any drugs would be illegal.
    People should be able to do what they like as long as others don't suffer from it. If you think marijuana makes your life less miserable you can smoke it as far as I'm concerned.
    I like the way you think and all with that post, but there are some issues with it.

    Most of your street drugs like Cocaine, LSD, etc. are illegal because they can really take a toll on the body. Sure, cigarettes and marijuana might do the same thing and all; however, if we single those out and just take these other drugs, they can lead to effects that really screw with the brain and the way our bodies work. Most of these drugs can be lethal to the body albeit some of their effects that help the body. Now, you might be saying, "well cigarettes do the same thing... why are they still legal?" A person can smoke and smoke if they wanted to and increase the risk of cancer which isn't as lethal as some of these other drugs [ironic because I smoke]. I don't want to sit behind this desk and preach about how certain drugs should remain illegal, but you need to really do the research before you jump to such a hasty conclusion. Plus, no matter how many times you say it: people are going to be effected by addiction to any kind of drug whether it'd be emotional or financial.
    I honestly think people should figure that out for them selfs, the government should be helping people, not restricting them with laws and telling them what is illegal. In my opinion there should indeed be good information about what drugs can do to you and why it's dangerous, but you should still be able to choose for yourself.
    If you would ask any person; would you get addicted to drugs if it was legal to use? I bet practically anyone would say no. Including myself. I honestly think I wouldn't, so why would I think anyone else would get addicted? I'm not superior to anyone so there is no reason to doubt them.

    People who are addicted now will also be addicted when it's legal and people who are not addicted will probably never be. Not even if it was served to them.
    | Pivot | Artwork | Youtube |
    DD Achievements:
    Spoiler:

    Beginner:
    • 16 august 2008

    Intermediate:
    • 9 January 2009

    Veteran:
    • 28 June 2010


    666 Posts:
    • 3 July 2010

    1000 Posts:
    • 12 November 2010

    2000 Posts:
    • 30 March 2011

    3000 Posts:
    • 25 December 2011

    4000 Posts:
    • 19 November 2012


    Vip:
    • 15 July 2010
      Special thanks to Arch

    Myfiles:
    • 29 October 2010
      Special thanks to Mango

    2 Month ban:
    • 16 July 2010
      Special thanks to Skype

  6. #6
    Veteran Enthusiast Yadda's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    7,862

    Re: Do you think medical marijuana should be legalized?

    [youtube:1r1hp1st]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnNPm5cG85c[/youtube:1r1hp1st]

    This video sums up the negative connotations that I often associate with the use of marijuana, but ultimately I think the war on drugs is just pathetic, especially with mexican drug cartels who are in some cases young children beheading competitors and law enforcement.

    From a political standpoint I believe that prohibition is not the answer to regulating drug use, from an ethical standpoint, there's nothing to gain from this drug for recreational use.

    Of course with the intent of legalizing medical marijuana, I have nothing against it.


  7. #7
    Devoted Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    10,069

    Re: Do you think medical marijuana should be legalized?

    If it's been found to have medicinal properties that help or reverse the effects of things such as pain, or other more severe problems, I say it should be legalized for medicinal use. I willn't discuss my thoughts of it for recreational use, however.


    :3

  8. #8
    Dedicated Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    605

    Re: Do you think medical marijuana should be legalized?

    Quote Originally Posted by Yadda
    [youtube:s21uxip2]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnNPm5cG85c[/youtube:s21uxip2]

    This video sums up the negative connotations that I often associate with the use of marijuana, but ultimately I think the war on drugs is just pathetic, especially with mexican drug cartels who are in some cases young children beheading competitors and law enforcement.

    From a political standpoint I believe that prohibition is not the answer to regulating drug use, from an ethical standpoint, there's nothing to gain from this drug for recreational use.

    Of course with the intent of legalizing medical marijuana, I have nothing against it.
    Studies all disagree with each other if you havent figured that out and he clearly has mostly picked the ones that are aginst marijuana.
    I'm not a pot user, but it should be legalized for medical use absolutely.
    [center:69ipe3si]
    MY THREAD[/center:69ipe3si]

  9. #9
    Veteran Enthusiast Yadda's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    7,862

    Re: Do you think medical marijuana should be legalized?

    Quote Originally Posted by Walrus 2.0
    Studies all disagree with each other if you haven't figured that out and he clearly has mostly picked the ones that are against marijuana.
    I'm not a pot user, but it should be legalized for medical use absolutely.
    It's hard to call it bias when these studies are sourced in countries where medical marijuana and the study of its adverse health effects is legal (New Zealand, The Netherlands, etc.). If all the studies were sourced in The United States or another country where weed is illegal, it wouldn't be a reliable source.

    Sure the sample size in certain tests could have been higher, but if it correlates in medilabs then I'm positive it would correlate in any other circumstance.

    And find me one documented medical article that shows that marijuana doesn't have links to psychoses, or the effects of decreased overall brain performance in a chronic smoker.

    I'm not entirely sure about carcinogens but it might as well be a lot higher on the black market than it would be if regulated and supplied legally.


  10. #10
    Dedicated Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    605

    Re: Do you think medical marijuana should be legalized?

    But thinking about medical use, the side effects of regular drugs can be worse. And all of theese were just slightly increasing the chance of something bad from heavy use.

    And after all you can still choke on to a carrot .
    [center:69ipe3si]
    MY THREAD[/center:69ipe3si]


 
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •