Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Old Newbie

The American Irony

Right, before I begin what I want to say, I would like to say I have no problems with Americans at all and if you are offended by what I am about to say, then I apologize.

I've been thinking a lot about 9/11 and the ensuing wars in Iraq and Afghanistan recently, and have realised a small thing.

The Americans started the war because of 9/11. That is a well known fact. But how do they deserve to fight a war when the country itself is based on slaughter?

Let me give a few facts:

-The colonists who discovered America started a war with the Native Americans, and nearly wiped them out, along with the buffalo.
    -They then grew unhappy with British rule, and started a war, and won.
    -I believe it was peaceful for a while before they found the Africans and brought them back as slaves.
    -They then proceeded to abolish slavery in the northern states; the southern states didn't like this.
    -Cue civil war 2.
    -Unhappy with that, they decided to join in with World War One.
    -They then (although it was warranted) killed hundreds of thousands of people with nuclear bombs.
    -Still not happy, they proceeded to invade Vietnam.
    -They then decided to get angry with Russia and begin the Cold War.

After their scorechart of death, they had the balls to whine about 9/11?

9/11 was a horrific event, which should never have happened. But that does not give an excuse to go invade two countries, kill innocents, and try Westernize the countries.

Forgive me if I don't have all the facts, I probably don't, and feel free to correct me, as this is a debate, and I have only put this together through my own observations.

Please don't fill the thread with crap like "But Britain/France/Russia/insertothercountryhere is also based on war" or anything accusing me of racism etc. as I already know that most countries are based on war, and I am not racist.

But the question is, after that entire sheet of death, why invade the Middle East just because two towers were destroyed by a few men with turbans on their heads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lympha
    They have a good point, there's no reason to believe the holocaust. Jews tend to disappear in groups of 6 million all the time and those camps were obviously just work camps that the Germans didn't need anymore when they were losing the war and that's the real reason the blew it up.

I live in a shit town full of shit people.

I'm one the more polite people you'll ever meet!

Re: The American Irony

Welcome to the human race
    [center:13w2rfcr]My Thread (updated 26/1/11!)[/center:13w2rfcr][center:13w2rfcr][/center:13w2rfcr] [center:13w2rfcr]Skype: lucienpicto[/center:13w2rfcr][center:13w2rfcr]Steam: _picto[/center:13w2rfcr]
    Quote Originally Posted by StargateSG
    But tell me, what is homo love?

Quote Originally Posted by Squeezy
    But the question is, after that entire sheet of death, why invade the Middle East just because two towers were destroyed by a few men with turbans on their heads?
    Militant middle-eastern groups such as Al-Qaeda and the Taliban were (and still are) heavily oppressing their own people with ridiculous enforcements of Sharia law, so there was an internal reason to stop them as well as an external one. There was also the story that Hussein was in possession of weapons of mass destruction, which we now know to be bullshit. Thirdly, there's the fact that Iraq is an oil-rich country, and the westerners couldn't resist tapping into their supply, which they could only achieve by means of invasion. 9/11 was the last straw, not the sole reason.
    what is homo love?

Old Newbie

As true as that is, the fact that they are oppressing their people isn't anything to do with us. The West need to stop trying to control the world.
    They have a good point, there's no reason to believe the holocaust. Jews tend to disappear in groups of 6 million all the time and those camps were obviously just work camps that the Germans didn't need anymore when they were losing the war and that's the real reason the blew it up.

You shouldn't merely blame on America, basically any operation is under the NATO's flag, which is practically ruled by the United States and most of Europe. It's foundations are to protect human-rights all across the world. What really happens is that Governments can do whatever they want, but with the ability to say it's humanitarian aid and people will actually believe that.

I'm fully convinced there's nothing noble about the NATO anymore.
    | Pivot | Artwork | Youtube |
    DD Achievements:
    Spoiler:

Beginner:
    • 16 august 2008

Intermediate:
    • 9 January 2009

Veteran:
    • 28 June 2010

666 Posts:
    • 3 July 2010

1000 Posts:
    • 12 November 2010

2000 Posts:
    • 30 March 2011

3000 Posts:
    • 25 December 2011

4000 Posts:
    • 19 November 2012

Vip:
    • 15 July 2010
      Special thanks to Arch

Myfiles:
    • 29 October 2010
      Special thanks to Mango

2 Month ban:
    • 16 July 2010
      Special thanks to Skype

Old Newbie

Since when does "humanitarian aid" include sending troops into conflicts to kill?

The Western governments are slightly like the Nazis - we're just more subtle about our killing.

Since when does "humanitarian aid" include sending troops into conflicts to kill?

The Western governments are slightly like the Nazis - we're just more subtle about our killing.
    I highly doubt killing people is the goal of the governments, they just want to get wealth by making sure the oil industry is in their hands. That people have to die is to hide the truth is a necessity.
    | Pivot | Artwork | Youtube |
    DD Achievements:
    Spoiler:

Beginner:
    • 16 august 2008

Intermediate:
    • 9 January 2009

Veteran:
    • 28 June 2010

666 Posts:
    • 3 July 2010

1000 Posts:
    • 12 November 2010

2000 Posts:
    • 30 March 2011

3000 Posts:
    • 25 December 2011

4000 Posts:
    • 19 November 2012

Vip:
    • 15 July 2010
      Special thanks to Arch

Myfiles:
    • 29 October 2010
      Special thanks to Mango

2 Month ban:
    • 16 July 2010
      Special thanks to Skype

The crashing of the twin towers killed nearly 3,000 people. In all honesty, no retaliation against any attack is suicidal and doesn’t make any sense at the world stage because nations would simply overrun each other and commit genocide-at a greater level than how it’s done now. Also, in that "sheet of death", all had retaliation and consequences.

Unhappy with that, they decided to join in with World War One.
    I'm only going to give an example of this because the others are obvious and not debatable.

World War 1 began in 1914. Woodrow Wilson at that time, was trying his best to keep America neutral from war, even after Germany announced that the military was allowed to sink all ships that that assumed were helping the enemy. Only after 1,200 people were killed after multiple attacks, did we declare war.

So back to this.
    We invaded them because if we didn't, it would be just like bending over for a beating. 9/11 caused 3,000 deaths. No response to that is incredibly stupid.

Also, don't be ignorant.
    a few men with turbans on their heads?
    That's stupid. Don't say that.
    [center:2fs84nzu][/center:2fs84nzu]
    [center:2fs84nzu]------------OCTANE------------[/center:2fs84nzu]

Old Newbie

That's not a racist way to describe Muslims in this context - Muslims are fine.

The reason I said that is because that is all they are; they have twisted and destroyed a peaceful religion and morphed it into a pile of bullshit lies that they claim originate from the Qoran.

Have you ever read the Qoran? It is a fascinating book, not violent at all.

In reference to the deaths of 3,000 people; of course it is horrific. But what about the Native Americans? Nobody avenged them.

Besides, violence should never be the answer. As cheesy and hippy as it sounds, we would be so much more advanced if we all realised we're the same.

Besides, violence should never be the answer. As cheesy and hippy as it sounds, we would be so much more advanced if we all realised we're the same.
    That's true. Like Ghandi said "An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind." It's better when we can just unite.

In reference to the deaths of 3,000 people; of course it is horrific. But what about the Native Americans? Nobody avenged them.
    Because it was still a small amount of people living in America a that point. Everyone was anti-native american.
    [center:2fs84nzu][/center:2fs84nzu]
    [center:2fs84nzu]------------OCTANE------------[/center:2fs84nzu]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast