Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Political Views

Political Views

Who do you think should win the presidential elections? My personal belief is republican - lowering taxes and enforcing the second amendment will make the US a much safer, richer place for everyone.

Your thoughts?
    [center:2soyb3xw]ALWAYS ANIMATES

NO SKILL
    [/center:2soyb3xw]

Re: Mitt Romney or Barack Obama - Republican or Democrat

mitt romney's mormon temple garments op.

Excuse me, how exactly would lowering the taxes make the US a richer place... for everyone?
    Behaviorally Related Neural Plasticity in the Arthropod Optic Lobes

tumblr | last.fm

Well, everyone but the government. To quote Ronald Reagan - "The government's job is to protect the people." The people work their asses off for their paycheck and they're forced to give 80% of it to our corrupt-as-hell government. Every average citizen in the US is making ends meet so they can survive another month or so. But, let me ask you this - what is the point in living if you can't be happy? It's utterly pathetic to torture ourselves for nothing more than a roof over your head and proper food on your plate.

Sorry, but I would rather average citizens be able to live in a country where 'bill trouble' is not a term used in English.

NO SKILL

Quote Originally Posted by Pika-Cola
    Well, everyone but the government. To quote Ronald Reagan - "The government's job is to protect the people." The people work their asses off for their paycheck and they're forced to give 80% of it to our corrupt-as-hell government. Every average citizen in the US is making ends meet so they can survive another month or so. But, let me ask you this - what is the point in living if you can't be happy? It's utterly pathetic to torture ourselves for nothing more than a roof over your head and proper food on your plate.

Sorry, but I would rather average citizens be able to live in a country where 'bill trouble' is not a term used in English.
    The majority of government corruption is from the more right-winged republicans. Hell, Romney himself keeps money overseas to avoid paying taxes on all of it and receives the majority of his funding from businesses that want their interests to be represented in government. Also, democrats aren't about raising taxes drastically on everyone. In fact, taxes under Obama in 2009 were lower than something like the previous 25 or 30 years. Dems want to raise taxes on the wealthy so that the money can be spent to help improve the rest of the country. The average person does not give the majority of their income, just the people who don't need nearly all of the money they make to live happily.

And for your previous statement about gun control, Obama has been loser on guns than Bush. I'll find the stats somewhere and put them in because I don't recall where I saw it for what the exact numbers were.

The Republicans want tax breaks for the wealthy and corporations so that they can keep their money and preach trickle-down which doesn't work. If anything Dems are more likely to make the country a "...safer, richer place for everyone."

Edit: Taxes Lowest in 30 Years.

Here's one of many articles about the gun industry boom under Obama.

If you don't know the guy on the other side of the world, love him anyway because he's just like you. He has the same dreams, the same hopes and fears. It's one world, pal. We're all neighbors.

OBAMA 2008

I feel bad for the Republicans for having no great candidates whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Will

The majority of government corruption is from the more right-winged republicans. Hell, Romney himself keeps money overseas to avoid paying taxes on all of it and receives the majority of his funding from businesses that want their interests to be represented in government. Also, democrats aren't about raising taxes drastically on everyone. In fact, taxes under Obama in 2009 were lower than something like the previous 25 or 30 years. Dems want to raise taxes on the wealthy so that the money can be spent to help improve the rest of the country. The average person does not give the majority of their income, just the people who don't need nearly all of the money they make to live happily.

And for your previous statement about gun control, Obama has been loser on guns than Bush. I'll find the stats somewhere and put them in because I don't recall where I saw it for what the exact numbers were.

The Republicans want tax breaks for the wealthy and corporations so that they can keep their money and preach trickle-down which doesn't work. If anything Dems are more likely to make the country a "...safer, richer place for everyone."

Edit: Taxes Lowest in 30 Years.

Here's one of many articles about the gun industry boom under Obama.
    In the four years Obama has been in office, the economy has only worsened. And according to every republican (and the minority of democrats), Obama has not done a single thing that is good for this country in his term. And what about his Obamacare plan? A former candidate himself stated that Obama's health-care plan would drastically raise taxes - which would ruin the economy.

I honestly think that people only voted for Obama to prove that they aren't racist. And I honestly believe that republicans are what's best for the USA. Explain Reagan - he was the best president we have ever had (mind those who don't know that he was republican). The majority of my friends don't even know or give a damn about politics and they say themselves that Obama is not-at-all a good president.

NO SKILL

I honestly think that people only voted for Obama to prove that they aren't racist.
    welp, that about does it for me.

In the four years Obama has been in office, the economy has only worsened. And according to every republican (and the minority of democrats), Obama has not done a single thing that is good for this country in his term. And what about his Obamacare plan? A former candidate himself stated that Obama's health-care plan would drastically raise taxes - which would ruin the economy.

I honestly think that people only voted for Obama to prove that they aren't racist. And I honestly believe that republicans are what's best for the USA. Explain Reagan - he was the best president we have ever had (mind those who don't know that he was republican). The majority of my friends don't even know or give a damn about politics and they say themselves that Obama is not-at-all a good president.
    How would raising taxes ruin the economy? Will's link shows that taxes haven't been lower in thirty years, but you say that the economy has only declined since Obama has been in office. So which is it, what ruins the economy: raising or lowering taxes? The answer is that there is more to it then that, the "economy" doesn't hinge on tax rates alone.

This debate is about politics and involves a lot of facts, so you should be citing your sources from now on. Don't just say that X will ruin the economy, explain why it will and give us numerical data to verify that. It's also not right to just say that republicans are best because thirty years ago there was a republican president who you believe was good. Anyone could just as easily point to a shitty republican president.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast