Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Immortality?

Immortality?

Ok. Most of us fear dying. (I know I do.) And dont want it to EVER happen. (unless your emo. But then again, I can understand suicide like thoughts. I went through that stage, so Im not making fun of Emos. SO DONT EVEN SAY IT!) Is death like falling asleep? are you aware of whats going on but locked in your own body like a coma? IS it nothing like anything we will experience when we are alive? Is there really a heaven or a hell? If so, will I make it to heaven when I go?
    What if a few years from now, science lets our lab rats figure out how to make a vaccine that makes you unable to die (by natural causes. I.E Heart attack.) Or makes us immortal (unable to be killed by ANYTHING. Yeah thats right, fuck the AK-47.) Would you take it? Would you want to live forever or how ever long the drug lasts? Would you NOT take it? Why? I need to know because at school we haveto write a Oral report focused around medical science. So I thought DD was the best place to ask. Please be as serious as you can. And tell the details.

"Sharing is caring. But what if you dont fucking care?"

Re: Immortality?

haha, ok man, i see where you're coming from but i don't think i would like to live forever, yes, you'd get to see how the world progresses, if it ever sort itself out etc. but you'd also have to watch all you friends and loved ones die, forever, so there's two sides to it really, i personally wouldn't take the vaccine/drug, i accept death is a part of life, so just fit in what you can!
    My thread

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    PSN: TestosteroneMong
    Steam: willace997
    PSN: Testosteronemong

Quote Originally Posted by disturbedobsessor
    haha, ok man, i see where you're coming from but i don't think i would like to live forever, yes, you'd get to see how the world progresses, if it ever sort itself out etc. but you'd also have to watch all you friends and loved ones die, forever, so there's two sides to it really, i personally wouldn't take the vaccine/drug, i accept death is a part of life, so just fit in what you can!
    What if your friends took the drug so they wouldent die? What if your loved ones took it, would your mind change?

No, i also don't want to see the world ruin itself i want to die when i time's up, that's it.
    My thread

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

No, i also don't want to see the world ruin itself i want to die when i time's up, that's it.
    Good point, as much as I would like the idea, the world will never meet the goal of world peace. Not as long as humans exist anyway. Thank you for your reply, I will be sure to add it in my Oral report. Good day, sir.

Enthusiast

I'm pretty sure that a noticeable amount of people don't actually fear death, but they fear the transition between life and death.
    LoL Username: Mmmmooooooooo

Quote Originally Posted by Eack1960
    Good point, as much as I would like the idea, the world will never meet the goal of world peace. Not as long as humans exist anyway. Thank you for your reply, I will be sure to add it in my Oral report. Good day, sir.
    Haha, glad i could help good day to you too.
    My thread

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

1 Post Lurker

Fear of dying you say?

Death, is what fuels my entire life.
    Why, without death life has no point, and progress just doesn't matter because you don't have a ticking bomb strapped to you at all times.

Not being able to die, is just boring. Wheres the excitement knowing that you will live no mater what happens to you?

Immortality is more of a poison than a panacea. Sure, seeing if they world finally resolve itself may be nice, but would it be worth it to watch it go fall to hell again? This Earth will never be saved, nothing is going to change. People lie and kill. Humans will lie and kill all they're lives, and guess who would get to see that happen forever? You. The immortal.

You get to sit back, and enjoy history repeat itself over and over.

Would I take a chance to be immortal?
    I would not. Because death gives me a reason to live. Death fuels my very existence, as it does everybody elses. As man, we create our own purpose in life. Not being able to die destroys this purpose.

Transition to death, might be right. But if I change a single persons life for the better, I will die happily.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabees
    one time in 1st grade i slipped on some ice on the playground and hit my nose really hard and had to go to the nurse but somehow i didnt break it

and one time in like 2nd grade i slipped down the stairs leading into the basement and got knocked unconscious.

and that is why foot placement is paramount

I think I wouldn't mind to die after a certain point in my life. Right now I'm young and have a shitload I want to do in my life, I would be afraid to die now because I knew on how much I'd be missing out. Death is so certain, while life is full of possibilitys.
    | Pivot | Artwork | Youtube |
    DD Achievements:
    Spoiler:

Beginner:
    • 16 august 2008

Intermediate:
    • 9 January 2009

Veteran:
    • 28 June 2010

666 Posts:
    • 3 July 2010

1000 Posts:
    • 12 November 2010

2000 Posts:
    • 30 March 2011

3000 Posts:
    • 25 December 2011

4000 Posts:
    • 19 November 2012

Vip:
    • 15 July 2010
      Special thanks to Arch

Myfiles:
    • 29 October 2010
      Special thanks to Mango

2 Month ban:
    • 16 July 2010
      Special thanks to Skype

Dedicated Member

I wouldn't mind living a little longer than the 70-80 years, and if it was healthy years i would be ready to go pretty far but not forever. Eventually it would all be so boring.

I don't really get how being able to die gives more meaning to these people? Perhaps they mean that they have less time to procrastinate. Not being able to die would not change who i am right now, but in the cold distance, thousands of years later i would be a total mess.

Immortality= bad
    Extending life= good.
    [center:69ipe3si]
    MY THREAD[/center:69ipe3si]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast