Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What is the future of the human race?

I think in the near future there will be a massive stand off between nuclear-enabled nations, and then someone will rise up and unite all the nations of the world in a global cease fire and world peace.

[christian influence]
    ...Then the rapture will occur and everyone will suffer for 7 years before the Lord destroys Earth and creates a new planet for humans to live in forever.
    [/religious talk]

I have several other "theories" about things so I'll make threads about them some other time. This idea is actually widely accepted among theologians who study the book of Revelations, though so it's not really MY idea.

Ok, enough talk.
    What are your predictions for the future, near or distant?
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect. ~Mark Twain

Click the animation above to visit.

I think that people in America will be so lazy and so fat, that they will declare war on the world and use their asses as weapons by sitting on other people.

Idon't know about anyone else, but that's just me )
    Site
    http://www.nitrofusion.co.nr
    Forums
    http://www.nitrofusion.eamped.com

LOL @ PIGEONS, k?

I was on this trip to the bronx zoo and there were these pigeons everywhere! ORLY? YA RLY!!12Q! I was bored so I lol-ed @ them. One stasrted chasing meh, so I ran. It was fuckin' AWSOME!

i garuntee in about 20 more years we will be dead.

Fanatic Enthusiast

Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right B.A Baracus.
    Quote Originally Posted by >>Chizzle<<
    I think that people in America will be so lazy and so fat, that they will declare war on the world and use their asses as weapons by sitting on other people.

Idon't know about anyone else, but that's just me )
    ...thats just retarded

i think that seeing as our ozone layer is deteriorating(sp)
    we will try to terraform other planets (make them hospitable)
    i think first we'd go for mars though
    [center:q3tpp333]
    My Thread - 2 Years of rust ahoy![/center:q3tpp333]

I agree about the terraforming, but only as long as our species survives for another century or two. I believe in the Bible and so my predictions are very much based on the book of Revelations. According to this text, the last generation of men will be able to track down any and all purchases made throughout the entire world. No other generation has ever understood this prophecy and those that did didn't have the ability. With the computer systems that will be set up in the next few years, EVERYONE that has the ability and money to buy something will be able to be tracked.
    I think the end of the world is near and it's going to start with a stand off among all the most powerful nations. Then, someone of Italian or Middle Eastern descent will bring peace to every nation on Earth, only to betray us all and to bring upon the world the largest and deadliest war ever.

Now, if I weren't Christian, I'd predict that in the near future a very charismatic person would bring peace to a few countries and their conflicts, and with this peace we will be able to focus on preserving our planet rather than preparing for war. This ideology will sprend across the Earth and almost every large country will be in on the war effort, with the war being the survival of the world's current ecosystems. Then, when we've saved a rather large amount of ecosystems, we will begin colonizing space, then the moon, then Mars and finally the asteroid belt.I would love to own an asteroid, myself, actually. That would be cool, having your own little mini-planet, maybe 8 km in circumference. If you had enough money, it could even become a space craft itself.

Anyway, there's just a few more things to think about for the discussion.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect. ~Mark Twain

My personal religious opinion is, all the nations of the world will be turned against israel, there will be alot of natural disasters and shiz, and then jesus will come and cleanse the world of unrighteous by consuming the face of the planet. Then there will be a new heaven and earth, and we will live happily ever after in heaven...well, I aslo believe that no living person (except for kain) will go to hell, but we will all have to pay for our sins for a duration of time (duration of tiem depending on how bad you sinned) and be released into differing degrees of glory (again, depending on your degree of sin), the most righteous being lifted to the status of god-like entities.

If I weren't religeous, I thing we would eventually figure out life speed, save most of the human race by sending them to different galaxies, while the earth shrivelled and died. he civilizations would find enhabitable plabnets, then untie in a galactic alliance and conqure the universe, discover faster than light travel, discover other sentient life forms, and so on. But that's only if I weren't religious.
    I'm gay.

Fresh Newbie
    1 problem with the astroid belt the astroids constantly colide so we cant live there.

anyway.

Mass necular war fare (WW3) billons die. humans make peace among them selfs and later (alot later) we know alot about space we send out generation ships. to conquer new solar systems

Somewhere, Not In My Mind, But Somewhere...

Hmm.

I don't nessessarily belive in "holy spirts" or the so called force "god".

I mean no offence to anyone with a religion. But, as an athiest, I don't belive "god" has done anything for this planet to deserve my praise, we're still living in a political, greed ridden, war filled, Community.

Welcome To Earth.
    Q-Tips are extremely dangerous. If you ever come across a Q-Tip, you should run to the nearest nuclear fallout shelter and start eating your shoes.

My Thread, Courtesy?

Fanatic Enthusiast

well shit, lets all start looting now.

damn this thread is full of pessimists.

i think that for another few hundred, maybe thousand years the human race will exist normally, assuming we survive the next ice age that might possibly almost be happening maybe in a few years or not.

then we'll have made pwny technological advances unless the ice age made us all into cavemen or whatever

and then by that time we'll have found tonnes of other planets, still stupidly far away, and we probably will have colonised titan or io, or at least started to send settlers there.

no pessimism here bitches
    Elite Forgotten

Thanks for that little insight into your own beliefs, destinyslink, but can you actually join the discussion now? I don't care whether you believe in God, I just want to know what you think will happen to the human race. Any amount of time ahead, btw. Maybe 20 years, maybe 20,000.

And there actually are quite a few asteroids in the asteroid belt that haven't collided in thousands or even hundreds of thousands of years. I don't know if you realize it, but the asteroid belt is very wide and despite the fact that you always see it on a 2-D piece of paper, it is actually very "tall" as well. There is a vast amount of space between most of the asteroids and you probably can't see any neighbouring asteroids from the one you're on. If you've ever seen Zathura, that's NOT what it looks like. The rings around Saturn, Jupiter, Neptune and Uranus look kind of like that, but the asteroid belt is relatively empty looking. And if anything I've said turns out to be untrue, then I'd go further out and live on a giant asteroid in the Caiper Belt which has an infinitely lower probability of collisions. ^_^

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast