Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

View Poll Results: do you believe?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

7 70.00%
  • no

3 30.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Enthusiast

the concept of "soul"?

i wonder does anyone believe in "soul".
    anyone believe that there is an incy bit
    in you that makes all of your body work
    which works the concept of love and trust.
    And when you die your soul travels to
    Gods kingdom in the sky?

i'd like to think it's true as i am of the christian faith
    My Thread

CHUCKNORRIS.

Dedicated Member
    I belive in a soul but not the soul that the relgions describe . I belive your soul is your mind and without a mind you can not live

614th post on 2/24 2:14

Well, here is my theorie, and it is mostly derived from the writings of Orson Scott Card in enders game. I believe a soul is simply and intellegent, unseeable, unstudyable matter. It works like this- Your soul is connected to every other "soul". Everything has a soul, from an atom, to a complete human being. SOme souls (like for an atom) are weaker, as for the soul of a human is larger and more intelligent, with the "will" power to hold the body together. Every "soul" can connect more strongly to other souls. Like love for instance. If you love someone, you soul is more strongly connected to that certain person, thus explaining things like a mothers intuition. If you want to know more, I suggest reading the enders game series by orson scott card. It is a mind blowwingly amazing series. Science fiction, of course.
    I'm gay.

hard to explain, here we go:ur soul its like your mind your emotions and all the non-visually things that u can feel but cant see (i mean by that the non visually things that are of you, not of the nature like the wind) so i really believe in the soul

I believe in a mixture of Card's theory and a religious one. I believe everyone's souls are connected, but I believe humans are the only things on Earth with souls, except for the demons that posess people and those that just wander the Earth, of course.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect. ~Mark Twain

Click the animation above to visit.

Old Newbie
    I want you two to please remember that Enders Game was a youth book, a work of fiction, just as Highly stated. Even though some of his views are logically correct, they're not what people like to think. People like to think that there soul is pure, tainted, dull, right, wrong, anything that there personality reflects. I personally believe Souls exist in everything with a beating heart or living feelings. Now a hardcore christian believes only humans have souls, only the Uber- Intelligent creatures that God created in his own image....
    So therefore, I do believe in souls no matter what...
    Courtesy Or Death? Your choice my friend...
    My Animation Thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Wil
    What ever happened to sex drugs and rock n' roll?
    Now we just have aids crack and techno.
    Quote Originally Posted by EZCheeser
    I animate to the sound of black people raving in my dining room.

I was mostly kidding, but I'll entertain any idea for at least a little while.

Maybe I wasn't kidding at the time, though.
    Noone will ever know, including me because I don't really know what I believe either. ^_^

And Card does a lot of research and many of his ideas are very good and sound, but I'm very aware that his books are works of fiction and as such should not be taken as fact.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect. ~Mark Twain

Click the animation above to visit.

yeah, card is a genius, and I have no idea what you eman by youth book, it's definately adult style.
    I'm gay.

Old Newbie

Enders Game

Hmmm...I was required to read it in 6th grade...but anyways I guess card IS pretty sound in his research.
    Courtesy Or Death? Your choice my friend...
    My Animation Thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Wil
    What ever happened to sex drugs and rock n' roll?
    Now we just have aids crack and techno.
    Quote Originally Posted by EZCheeser
    I animate to the sound of black people raving in my dining room.

Re: Enders Game

Quote Originally Posted by BeBoP
    Hmmm...I was required to read it in 6th grade...but anyways I guess card IS pretty sound in his research.
    well, there is a common misconception that if the main character is a child, it must reach out to child audiences. I believe that that book (counting the whole series I guess) is too complicated for the mind of a sixth grader, so your teacher must have been a flaming idiot, lol.

EDIT: and if you only read the first book, or even the first two, you have absolutely no idea how the concept of a soul is intertwined with the series. Card only begins to explain philotic connections in the 3rd and fourth books.
    I'm gay.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast