Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 27
  1. #1
    Fanatic Enthusiast


    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    England
    Posts
    4,589

    "It's in our nature to destroy ourselves", disprov

    People say 'it's in our nature to destroy ourselves', but only 2% of casualties in war are deaths by hand to hand - gun to face combat. The other 98% is bombing and artillery runs.

    "But people shoot each other in war without thinking about it" The 2% of people killed like that are just the enemy waving their guns in the direction of the attackers, it's not looking directly into their eyes as you kill them business.

    "But what about all these wars" wars are started by politcians who don't really understand what it's like to witness people being killed graphically right next to you. If they understood this there probably would never have been another war after ww1.

    It's physically impossible to kill someone willingly, unless you're nuts, or "not all their upstairs'. If you're forced to kill someone you'll go on a major guilt trip and probaby end up taking your own life.

    And for all you people who say humans are the only species who kill their own kind, cobras kill and eat vipers and spiders eat their parents.

    Well that's my philosophy on it, whats your take on it?
    Elite Forgotten

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    O 0 O 0 Ohio
    Posts
    86
    Bert i totally agree w/ your philosiphy!~!~!~!~!~!



    thanx slash your the best!

  3. #3
    Jon
    Jon is offline
    Fanatic Enthusiast


    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    South Florda
    Posts
    3,183

    Re: "It's in our nature to destroy ourselves", dis

    Quote Originally Posted by Bert
    1 People say 'it's in our nature to destroy ourselves', but only 2% of casualties in war are deaths by hand to hand - gun to face combat. The other 98% is bombing and artillery runs.

    2 "But people shoot each other in war without thinking about it" The 2% of people killed like that are just the enemy waving their guns in the direction of the attackers, it's not looking directly into their eyes as you kill them business.

    3 "But what about all these wars" wars are started by politcians who don't really understand what it's like to witness people being killed graphically right next to you. If they understood this there probably would never have been another war after ww1.

    4 It's physically impossible to kill someone willingly, unless you're nuts, or "not all their upstairs'. If you're forced to kill someone you'll go on a major guilt trip and probaby end up taking your own life.

    5 And for all you people who say humans are the only species who kill their own kind, cobras kill and eat vipers and spiders eat their parents.

    Well that's my philosophy on it, whats your take on it?
    I just think your crazy. just kidding
    Ok, noticed I added a number to each parigraph of your post, I will now comment.

    1 - I would agree with you there, though I would like to know where you got that statistic.

    2 - I would like to think that if someone is shooting at someone (either side), that they are actually looking at who they are trying to kill. No matter if they are looking directly in their eyes or not, I dont think there is that much of a difference in that situation.

    3 - I almost agree. But then theres this, " If they understood this there probably would never have been another war after ww1.", I have a feeling that the fact that they understand what its like to be in war, or not, wouldnt effect their dession to go to that as an option at all.

    4 - Totally disagree, there are plenty of guiltless, sane, murderers out there. Just look at O..J Simpson (regretting that already).

    5 - agreed

    but thats just me
    In memory of Shane and Sarah

  4. #4
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    California Bordem: High
    Posts
    1,074
    I agree





  5. #5
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Doing the 1000 posts dance!
    Posts
    1,053
    I dont think that i would take my own life in that situation, but i would be at church a whole lot more often, "People say 'it's in our nature to destroy ourselves', but only 2% of casualties in war are deaths by hand to hand - gun to face combat. The other 98% is bombing and artillery runs" even though its not hand to hand, we are still killing our own kind, with weapons made by man (and no idiot reply "BUT MACHIENES MAK ROBOTS LOL HAXOR JK JK OMFG") i also agree, that if the political minds in the world would just see the violence and expierience it, then they would go to war.
    [quote:ac0f3bd038="SA"]You should be banned because you never act like your name. Not once have you brightened up my day on the forums <: (
    And you're not a mister : O[/quote:ac0f3bd038]
    =(

  6. #6
    Fanatic Enthusiast


    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    England
    Posts
    4,589
    I was readin' this book and this guy who manipulated people in war, worked them toward his advantage wihtou actally ever seeing them die was captured and sent to the front lines and the first thing he did, 5 minutes into the battle, was thrown up all over the place and faint
    Elite Forgotten

  7. #7
    Fanatic Enthusiast

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    oh doctor!
    Posts
    4,421

    Re: "It's in our nature to destroy ourselves", dis

    Quote Originally Posted by Bert
    1 People say 'it's in our nature to destroy ourselves', but only 2% of casualties in war are deaths by hand to hand - gun to face combat. The other 98% is bombing and artillery runs.

    2 "But people shoot each other in war without thinking about it" The 2% of people killed like that are just the enemy waving their guns in the direction of the attackers, it's not looking directly into their eyes as you kill them business.

    3 "But what about all these wars" wars are started by politcians who don't really understand what it's like to witness people being killed graphically right next to you. If they understood this there probably would never have been another war after ww1.

    4 It's physically impossible to kill someone willingly, unless you're nuts, or "not all their upstairs'. If you're forced to kill someone you'll go on a major guilt trip and probaby end up taking your own life.

    5 And for all you people who say humans are the only species who kill their own kind, cobras kill and eat vipers and spiders eat their parents.

    Well that's my philosophy on it, whats your take on it?
    1. That doesn't sound true, but could be true, after hearing what we hear on the news.

    2. That's totally true.

    3. Entirely. The conservatives believe in keeping the troops in Iraq, and the liberals want them out, but while they're bickering, more and more people die in Iraq, and they still act clueless.

    4. This is where you're wrong, people can do it willingly and not be insane, they have motive.

    5. Yes, that's true as well.
    [img]http://**********.com/img/1250297040.bmp[/img]

  8. #8
    Devoted Veteran

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    13,811

    Re: "It's in our nature to destroy ourselves", disprov

    Just out of curiosity.. How many pages did you have to go through to bump a three year old topic? I thought it was weird when I saw Bert using capitals.

  9. #9
    Fanatic Enthusiast

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    oh doctor!
    Posts
    4,421

    Re: "It's in our nature to destroy ourselves", disprov

    10 pages, Jack. Ten pages.
    [img]http://**********.com/img/1250297040.bmp[/img]

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    216

    Re: "It's in our nature to destroy ourselves", disprov

    Quote Originally Posted by tako
    10 pages, Jack. Ten pages.
    Nice bump... over uhh 3 years...


 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •