Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gun Laws

Tim

Gun Laws

How should the US regulate the sale, possession and use of firearms and ammunition?

Re: Gun Laws

I'm not too familiar with the current regulations, can you enlighten me and anyone else who isn't sure of the current specifics?

Also, wtf when did you get back?
    [center:1dyohg2y]I miss everyone. [/center:1dyohg2y]

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Pistol
    I'm not too familiar with the current regulations, can you enlighten me and anyone else who isn't sure of the current specifics?

Also, wtf when did you get back?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_law...tes_(by_state)

This is in light of the recent Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting.

I never really left!

I like what the gun laws are now are fine, I don't think new laws would change any shootings. People would still be able to get ahold of guns.
    [center:2rpd5r61][/center:2rpd5r61]

Quote Originally Posted by Kush
    I like what the gun laws are now are fine, I don't think new laws would change any shootings. People would still be able to get ahold of guns.
    Exactly, It's not the weapons, it's the people. Instead of trying to alter the weapons the country should be trying to alter the minds of the people.
    (since that is next to impossible we should just try our hardest to make the conditions in public locations much safer. You can't really stop criminals from killing innocent people but you can reduce the amount.)
    Youtube|Thread|Dragons|Twitter|League

This is why you don't let Ninjas play Dodge ball

Veteran Enthusiast

Even though people can still get guns, it is still a good idea to become more strict on the sale of guns. I mean, if you can go into a normal shop (I'm guessing Wall-Mart, for us Aussies I thinks it like Bunnings, Woolworths and Big W combined, just with guns) and be able to purchase as much ammunition as they want, is just plain stupid. They need to tighten up big time.

In regards to Sandy Hook, the problem is more in helping mental issues than in gun regulation, at least in my opinion.

That being said, I think that we should work towards stricter gun laws. There are very few reasons to own an assault rifle unless you plan on shooting someone and I completely agree with prohibiting the sale of automatic rifles. It's going to be difficult to shift the nation's focus to mental care and I think that this would be a great time to ram a bill against assault rifles through congress.

If you don't know the guy on the other side of the world, love him anyway because he's just like you. He has the same dreams, the same hopes and fears. It's one world, pal. We're all neighbors.

I fail to see how people can reasonably place the full blame on mental/emotional/personal disabilities. The guns themselves should not be so easily accessible for people such as Adam Lanza and James Holmes. Let's not turn a debate about gun control into a debate about the US healthcare system.

I want everybody reading this to read this article.

Some people have even advocated to arm civilians around schools to prevent such massacres from occurring. These massacres should not be occurring, regardless. I fail to understand how people can seriously believe that the best way to stop another massacre is to arm civilians with lethal weaponry.
    If the US had tighter gun laws, then perhaps it would be a lot easier to prevent people such as Adam Lanza and James Holmes from creating such disasters.

A counter-argument would be the man in China who stabbed 20+ people. Sure, people are still dangerous, we all can be at times. But with restrictions on firearms, it would mean that people will find it a lot of harder to massacre people in minutes with a melee weapon rather than storm a school and within minutes massacre people in the school with a firearm.
    R.I.P Grace - 18 November 1997 - 14 March 2011

|PM Me |My Thread |Request a Move Up |Report a Rulebreaker |The Rules |

Make every bullet 5000$
    someone:I would shoot that guy,if I could afford it.

Veteran Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Ado dragon
    Make every bullet 5000$
    someone:I would shoot that guy,if I could afford it.
    Stealing Chris Rocks jokes.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast