Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fanatic Enthusiast

Weed becoming legal

In some states of America weed is being legalised.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-20621210

Personally i think it's brilliant, i think it'll drag a lot of alcoholics away from alcohol, and people that smoke cigarettes heavily and slowly killing them selves will be able to feel good by smoking weed without all the lung cancer and shit.
    I'm not being biased either, i don't smoke weed

Your thoughts?

Re: Weed becoming legal

I think its pretty obvious to most educated people that weed has no harmful side effects (other than smoke and what not, but there are other ways to ingest other than smoking) and that it should be legal. I'm on that side.

Quote Originally Posted by paraplegiC
    In some states of America weed is being legalised.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-20621210

Personally i think it's brilliant, i think it'll drag a lot of alcoholics away from alcohol, and people that smoke cigarettes heavily and slowly killing them selves will be able to feel good by smoking weed without all the lung cancer and shit.
    I'm not being biased either, i don't smoke weed

Your thoughts?
    Where I can agree with the legalisation and everything else, Marijuana is no safer than tobacco in the sense that you are still putting smoke into your lungs when you inhale which can lead to issues with your lungs.
    YouTube Channel | Community Channel
    Steam: chaotic50
    PSN: iFadeDx

Feel free to add me, just let me know who you are.

While I do think it is stupid that marijuana is illegal when many more harmful substances are not, I still do not actually care whether or not it gets legalized for it does not affect me at all.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Abadax
    I think its pretty obvious to most educated people that weed has no harmful side effects (other than smoke and what not, but there are other ways to ingest other than smoking) and that it should be legal. I'm on that side.
    This isn't true, marijuana smoke contains carcinogens, sharing a carcinogen with tobacco that specifically causes lung cancer. While this is the case, there have been no confirmed cases between lung cancer on marijuana smoking alone because some cannabinoids (both the active and inactive I believe) counteract the carcinogenic pathway in the lungs. If marijuana were to be made into edibles, I'm pretty sure (not backed up by this but assuming) that the carcinogens would be absorbed more. The safest way to consume marijuana is vaporising.

Quote Originally Posted by Faded
    Where I can agree with the legalisation and everything else, Marijuana is no safer than tobacco in the sense that you are still putting smoke into your lungs when you inhale which can lead to issues with your lungs.
    Are you really trying to say that health wise, they are identical because they both involve putting smoke into your lungs? Yes, any smoke inhaled isn't good for your lungs, mostly heat damage than anything else, but tobacco (and cannabis) contain carcinogens and not to mention, psychoactive chemicals that play an effect on the mind.

I'm in full support of legalisation of marijuana. More specifically, I'm in support of the regulating and marketing of it so that the product is actually controlled (controlled substance my ass) by companies with regulations that ensure the product is non-adulterated, made more inaccessible to minors and taking the money out of the hands of criminals. On a more scientific side, the prohibition of marijuana has led to growers breeding high THC strains of marijuana, and heightening the ratio between it, and another cannabinoid called CBD, which plays anti-psychotic roles, and actually counteracts the negative effects that high THC strains can cause mentally.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1277837/
    http://www.clear-uk.org/

Also, I thought I could take this opportunity to present this film, Breaking the Taboo:

[youtube:2fudykjt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UtNF-Le2L0[/youtube:2fudykjt]

It is more centered around the regulation of all drugs, though.

Mat
    Banned

I don't smoke weed anymore, but I still support legalization.

Quote Originally Posted by Sway
    This isn't true, marijuana smoke contains carcinogens, sharing a carcinogen with tobacco that specifically causes lung cancer.
    Spoiler to save space for the sake of an old meme:
    [spoiler:2vdfbghd]
    no harmful side effects (other than smoke and what not, but there are other ways to ingest other than smoking).
    (other than smoke and what not, but there are other ways to ingest other than smoking)
    other than smoke
    [/spoiler:2vdfbghd]
    Didn't I basically already agree with you? Also saying that there are no linked cases to it and lung cancer kind of undermines your statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Sway
    More specifically, I'm in support of the regulating and marketing of it so that the product is actually controlled (controlled substance my ass) by companies with regulations that ensure the product is non-adulterated, made more inaccessible to minors and taking the money out of the hands of criminals.
    And with this, most of the time, growers/smokers, wouldn't be criminals if it weed was legal.

Also, can we get it out of the way that taking in any type of smoke from anything is harmful? That is almost universally known as well. As Sway said, vaporization is probably the best way to go.

One more thing:
    [youtube:2vdfbghd]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jO_ncXj7RE[/youtube:2vdfbghd]
    It is quite long, and I don't expect most of you to watch it, but this is where I'm getting most of my info, FYI.

Banned

Apologies, I guess I didn't elaborate enough. I guess my main point I was trying to get across was that edibles can be just as risky, if not riskier. I also meant to add that with heavy, long term smoking, marijuana can cause bronchitis but that's very little compared with what tobacco causes, and does not occur in regular recreational users. I guess a mistake I meant was that I interpreted your post as 'there is nothing harmful IN marijuana', when there is, it just doesn't take effect because of other counteractive substances/chemicals as far as science has told us.

Also I've watched it already, haha. I'd give a list to every documentary on marijuana I've watched but...that would be a long list. I chose to post Breaking the Taboo though because it is more concerned with the social and global implications that the prohibition of drugs causes rather than the health implications, which I think is hugely unimportant in contrast. It's also a recent documentary and has a large movement behind it, especially in the UK right now.

Banned

I support legalization too.

I think it's absolutely retarded that someone can get arrested for possession of marijuana. There are people in prison for doing something that hurt no one, alongside people that are in prison for murder.

Schapelle Corby: "What are you in for?"
    Random Person: "Oh, I'm here for 5 years. I killed someone. You?"
    Schapelle Corby: "Someone put marijuana in my body board, and even though there wasn't substantial evidence to put me away in prison, I've been in prison for 9 years. Hell, even if I really did bring in the drugs I think I would have learnt my lesson by now. I'm going absolutely fucking crazy in this place for someone else who didn't even do anything harmful anyway. Fuck."

Also, I really want to try weed and not feel like a criminal or anything. You only get to live once and it sounds like a pretty awesome experience to try weed.

It's also a plant. A plant should not be illegal. All the plant did was well, exist. It didn't do anything wrong here.

Enthusiast

It should be legalized, for sure. Some states in America already have and it's only a matter of time before other countries do so too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jojishi
    It's also a plant. A plant should not be illegal. All the plant did was well, exist. It didn't do anything wrong here.
    Just because it's a plant, doesn't necessarily mean it's not harmful and shouldn't be illegal. Salvia Divinorum is a plant, and that fucks you up really bad. Also, Opium comes from the plant Papaver Somniferum. Hell, even tobacco is basically the dried leaves from a plant (processed though, of course). I don't think I need to say much more, but what you get my point.
    [center:nqgfv8bw][/center:nqgfv8bw]

[center:nqgfv8bw]Add me on Skype: Valium_DD[/center:nqgfv8bw]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast