Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26

Thread: Mental Illness

  1. #1
    Regular Member Mrs. Lionheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Whiterun, Skyrim
    Posts
    100

    Mental Illness

    ok, I honestly wanna know what y'all think. Do you think mental illness is real? Personally I do because I was diagnosed with depression, but some people tell me it's in my head. What do you think?
    [center:c2uhva1r][/center:c2uhva1r]

    [center:c2uhva1r]Skype~ bluewolf1014[/center:c2uhva1r]

  2. #2
    Dedicated Member TheRavenHouse's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Awaiting ban
    Posts
    971

    Re: Mental Illness

    Of course mental illness is real, since the human mind is comprised of chemicals, it's just as real as any kind of illness.

    ___
    Quote Originally Posted by Slashed
    tl;dr: The forum is dying, so is pivot

  3. #3
    Slide

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    [loh-key-shuhn] n; a place of settlement, activity, or residence
    Posts
    3,742

    Re: Mental Illness

    It's very real, end of story. Although it is also true that mental illnesses are special in the way that you can think your way out of them.

  4. #4
    Fanatic Enthusiast Axon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    3,614

    Re: Mental Illness

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Lionheart
    ok, I honestly wanna know what y'all think. Do you think mental illness is real? Personally I do because I was diagnosed with depression, but some people tell me it's in my head. What do you think?

    It's in your head but that doesn't mean it isn't real (I think I just quoted Harry Potter but it's relevant)


  5. #5
    Devoted Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    10,069

    Re: Mental Illness

    Quote Originally Posted by Axon
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Lionheart
    ok, I honestly wanna know what y'all think. Do you think mental illness is real? Personally I do because I was diagnosed with depression, but some people tell me it's in my head. What do you think?

    It's in your head but that doesn't mean it isn't real (I think I just quoted Harry Potter but it's relevant)
    Yeah, you did. Haha, just watched that one yesterday. But that's pretty much all there is to it, in my opinion (not saying that mental illness isn't complex, though).

  6. #6
    Regular Member Mrs. Lionheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Whiterun, Skyrim
    Posts
    100

    Re: Mental Illness

    You hear people say it's faked or if someone is depressed why can't they just get happy, I think those people have never been through it and don't realize what it is. I was asking because this morning someone made a valid point and said instead of spending all this money on gun control, why not spend on studying mental illness? but no one will because not many people understand it
    [center:c2uhva1r][/center:c2uhva1r]

    [center:c2uhva1r]Skype~ bluewolf1014[/center:c2uhva1r]

  7. #7
    Dedicated Member TheRavenHouse's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Awaiting ban
    Posts
    971

    Re: Mental Illness

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Lionheart
    You hear people say it's faked or if someone is depressed why can't they just get happy, I think those people have never been through it and don't realize what it is. I was asking because this morning someone made a valid point and said instead of spending all this money on gun control, why not spend on studying mental illness? but no one will because not many people understand it
    We should not enforce mental illness control, that sounds just a little to close to thought crimes for my taste, and it would take too much time to cure all mental illnesses, if that's even possible. More money in gun control, more money in mental health research, less money in military.

    ___
    Quote Originally Posted by Slashed
    tl;dr: The forum is dying, so is pivot

  8. #8
    Devoted Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    10,069

    Re: Mental Illness

    Further understanding of mental illnesses would reduce the need for national gun control; I think, depending on the type and severity of their affliction, those with mental illness shouldn't be allowed to purchase a gun.. or should at least be monitored if they are allowed to.

  9. #9
    Slide

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    [loh-key-shuhn] n; a place of settlement, activity, or residence
    Posts
    3,742

    Re: Mental Illness

    Quote Originally Posted by TheRavenHouse
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Lionheart
    You hear people say it's faked or if someone is depressed why can't they just get happy, I think those people have never been through it and don't realize what it is. I was asking because this morning someone made a valid point and said instead of spending all this money on gun control, why not spend on studying mental illness? but no one will because not many people understand it
    We should not enforce mental illness control, that sounds just a little to close to thought crimes for my taste, and it would take too much time to cure all mental illnesses, if that's even possible. More money in gun control, more money in mental health research, less money in military.
    I disagree with everything you said except for not enforcing mental illness control. But unfortunately that's not this thread :/

  10. #10
    Regular Member Mrs. Lionheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Whiterun, Skyrim
    Posts
    100

    Re: Mental Illness

    Quote Originally Posted by TheRavenHouse
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Lionheart
    You hear people say it's faked or if someone is depressed why can't they just get happy, I think those people have never been through it and don't realize what it is. I was asking because this morning someone made a valid point and said instead of spending all this money on gun control, why not spend on studying mental illness? but no one will because not many people understand it
    We should not enforce mental illness control, that sounds just a little to close to thought crimes for my taste, and it would take too much time to cure all mental illnesses, if that's even possible. More money in gun control, more money in mental health research, less money in military.

    oh no, I don't mean like thought control or anything, I just mean study it. People need a better understanding of mental illness. A better understanding of people with schizophrenia or bipolar disorder or multiple personality disorder, etc would make life easier on them. They wouldn't live as social outcasts like most of them do and feel they are. Understanding is the key, not control. But I agree with the gun control law to the extent of no assault rifles, the money should be less in military as well
    [center:c2uhva1r][/center:c2uhva1r]

    [center:c2uhva1r]Skype~ bluewolf1014[/center:c2uhva1r]


 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •