Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mental Illness

Mental Illness

ok, I honestly wanna know what y'all think. Do you think mental illness is real? Personally I do because I was diagnosed with depression, but some people tell me it's in my head. What do you think?
    [center:c2uhva1r][/center:c2uhva1r]

[center:c2uhva1r]Skype~ bluewolf1014[/center:c2uhva1r]

Re: Mental Illness

Of course mental illness is real, since the human mind is comprised of chemicals, it's just as real as any kind of illness.

___
    Quote Originally Posted by Slashed
    tl;dr: The forum is dying, so is pivot

Slide

[loh-key-shuhn] n; a place of settlement, activity, or residence

It's very real, end of story. Although it is also true that mental illnesses are special in the way that you can think your way out of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Lionheart
    ok, I honestly wanna know what y'all think. Do you think mental illness is real? Personally I do because I was diagnosed with depression, but some people tell me it's in my head. What do you think?

It's in your head but that doesn't mean it isn't real (I think I just quoted Harry Potter but it's relevant)

Devoted Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Axon

It's in your head but that doesn't mean it isn't real (I think I just quoted Harry Potter but it's relevant)
    Yeah, you did. Haha, just watched that one yesterday. But that's pretty much all there is to it, in my opinion (not saying that mental illness isn't complex, though).

You hear people say it's faked or if someone is depressed why can't they just get happy, I think those people have never been through it and don't realize what it is. I was asking because this morning someone made a valid point and said instead of spending all this money on gun control, why not spend on studying mental illness? but no one will because not many people understand it

You hear people say it's faked or if someone is depressed why can't they just get happy, I think those people have never been through it and don't realize what it is. I was asking because this morning someone made a valid point and said instead of spending all this money on gun control, why not spend on studying mental illness? but no one will because not many people understand it
    We should not enforce mental illness control, that sounds just a little to close to thought crimes for my taste, and it would take too much time to cure all mental illnesses, if that's even possible. More money in gun control, more money in mental health research, less money in military.

___
    Quote Originally Posted by Slashed
    tl;dr: The forum is dying, so is pivot

Devoted Veteran

Further understanding of mental illnesses would reduce the need for national gun control; I think, depending on the type and severity of their affliction, those with mental illness shouldn't be allowed to purchase a gun.. or should at least be monitored if they are allowed to.

Slide

[loh-key-shuhn] n; a place of settlement, activity, or residence

Quote Originally Posted by TheRavenHouse
    We should not enforce mental illness control, that sounds just a little to close to thought crimes for my taste, and it would take too much time to cure all mental illnesses, if that's even possible. More money in gun control, more money in mental health research, less money in military.
    I disagree with everything you said except for not enforcing mental illness control. But unfortunately that's not this thread :/

Quote Originally Posted by TheRavenHouse

oh no, I don't mean like thought control or anything, I just mean study it. People need a better understanding of mental illness. A better understanding of people with schizophrenia or bipolar disorder or multiple personality disorder, etc would make life easier on them. They wouldn't live as social outcasts like most of them do and feel they are. Understanding is the key, not control. But I agree with the gun control law to the extent of no assault rifles, the money should be less in military as well

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast