Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Space

Banned

Space

So, Lukas and I were just having a conversation about space, and other universes, and we thought to make a debate thread here.

So, what do you guys think? Are there other universes beyond our own? Is there life out there on other planets? Will we ever habit a planet outside our solar system.

So, to start it off, universes. Do you guys think there are other universes out there, and if so, how did it happen? And what was before that?

Personally, Ive had this theory that the Big Bang was the event that started all universes. The original Big Bang was the first, main universe that we all live in, and contains everything that we know, and that there are other universes that are sort of "branched" out from our original universe.

Also, among the lines of humans, Lukas had this theory.

[3:52:35 PM] Lukas: what if we (people) are on a great travel to something we forgot? life has come to earth, maybe we are getting somewhere else again

Re: Space

I find this very weird but, i think thats a question worthy an answer. My answer is .... maybe . I mean come on , one univeres is made up of billions of clusters whitch are made up of trillions of galexys so theres no real way of knowing if theres another universe or not . It would take thousands of years ( or light years ) to even leave this galexy. so yes there is a CHANCE that there MIGHT life on other planets .

Neo

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin1!
    I find this very weird but, i think thats a question worthy an answer. My answer is .... maybe . I mean come on , one univeres is made up of billions of clusters whitch are made up of trillions of galexys so theres no real way of knowing if theres another universe or not . It would take thousands of years ( or light years ) to even leave this galexy. so yes there is a CHANCE that there MIGHT life on other planets .
    Light years are a measurment of distance >_>

I think there probably is another habitable planet, but we probably won't find it, or any time soon.

|Pivot|YouTube|Easytoon|Flash|Animation Blog|Want some CC?

Ranks
    Spoiler:
    Intermediate: 11th November 2012

The Many Worlds interpretation of quantum mechanics explains how some of the weird observations relating to quantum physics could be explained by multiple universes. At each point in time the universe splits into every possible outcome. So everything that could have happened in the past, but didn't, exists in another universe. There's currently no way of knowing for sure, but apparently most physicists believe that there are multiple universes.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Many_worlds

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by peterbone
    The Many Worlds interpretation of quantum mechanics explains how some of the weird observations relating to quantum physics could be explained by multiple universes. At each point in time the universe splits into every possible outcome. So everything that could have happened in the past, but didn't, exists in another universe. There's currently no way of knowing for sure, but apparently most physicists believe that there are multiple universes.
    I've read about this before. I like the idea, but wouldn't that mean there would be an infinite amount of universes where there would be absolutely nothing?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Girbot
    I've read about this before. I like the idea, but wouldn't that mean there would be an infinite amount of universes where there would be absolutely nothing?

Why do you say that? If we take the starting point as the big bang, then in all the universes there should be the same amount of mass/energy. It just develops in different ways.

Why do you say that? If we take the starting point as the big bang, then in all the universes there should be the same amount of mass/energy. It just develops in different ways.
    That is going on the assumption that a big bang is the only way a universe can start. If infinite universes exist than a universe where nothing exist must exist. Because nothing happening in one universe at the same time that the big bang is happening in ours is a possibility.

Banned

Well, from what scientists believe, the Big Bang was an explosion. Now with this infinite outcome idea, that means that the spark that started in may or may have not been strong enough to start it. Then it can get close, but still not strong, then closer, and closer, but keeps getting infinitely closer, but not
    strong enough to start the Bang.

But then the problem with that is that there would be no universe to begin with, so there would be an infinite amount of blank universes with whatever happened before the Big Bang still contained inside.

Well, from what scientists believe, the Big Bang was an explosion.
    This is incorrect, cosmologists believe that at a very early moment, the universe started to expand and has been ever since leading to the formation of matter. This is the big bang theory and it does not describe a ballistic explosion set off by a spark.

As for life on other planets, the Milky Way galaxy alone has around 200-400 billion stars, and observations suggest at least as many planets (after all, our own has 8). It appears likely that there would be life out there, whether just something like bacteria or a planet with only plant life. I think possibilities are enticing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast