Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 65

Thread: Self Harm

  1. #21
    Slide

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    [loh-key-shuhn] n; a place of settlement, activity, or residence
    Posts
    3,742

    Re: Self Harm

    My opinion, at least, is that if something's written in scars it makes it more real. Because of the time, pain, and thought that went into it. If you see something written in blood on the wall, for example, just randomly. Across the entire wall. Wouldn't you be compelled to think about it? The next thing is that there's something very sadistic and dramatic about doing such a thing, and the part of me that begs to be noticed/to "matter" likes that.

    Although honestly, I guess I don't really have a reason for doing that. It just makes me shiver to think about.

    I am 17.

  2. #22
    ℋope
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    4,996

    Re: Self Harm

    Quote Originally Posted by Spock
    I'll take my chances with the infection and the vein thing. Point is its not going to kill me.
    How is that a reason for doing it?

  3. #23
    Slide

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    [loh-key-shuhn] n; a place of settlement, activity, or residence
    Posts
    3,742

    Re: Self Harm

    It's not. It's just not a reason to stop. There's no reason to continue, but in my eyes virtually no reason to stop either.

  4. #24
    ℋope
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    4,996

    Re: Self Harm

    And then you rather decide to continue cutting... because?

  5. #25
    Slide

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    [loh-key-shuhn] n; a place of settlement, activity, or residence
    Posts
    3,742

    Re: Self Harm

    Quote Originally Posted by Spock
    I, today, do it because it makes things real. A physical manifestation of a problem that is abstract. I have problems dealing with the abstract, and I feel that when I have mental pain I need to prove that it's there. Make it real, or something to that effect. I also do it as expression. Things just seem so much more meaningful when they're written in blood or scars, and so I cut to express emotions.

  6. #26
    Enthusiast ērepgrigo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    2,031

    Re: Self Harm

    People who cut often do it in order to feel in control. They feel like they don't have any sort of control over their lives, so they cut themselves as a form of control. Pain is something they can control. Much like why people with anorexia or bulimia want to lose weight, that's their way of having some sort of control in their life. Obviously neither of these are healthy, but I'm just explaining what the reason for these behaviors/disorders often is.

    Also it, like a suicide attempt, can be a cry for help.

  7. #27
    Newbie Prodigiosus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Last house on the left.
    Posts
    12

    Re: Self Harm

    Quote Originally Posted by Spock
    Quote Originally Posted by Spock
    I, today, do it because it makes things real. A physical manifestation of a problem that is abstract. I have problems dealing with the abstract, and I feel that when I have mental pain I need to prove that it's there. Make it real, or something to that effect. I also do it as expression. Things just seem so much more meaningful when they're written in blood or scars, and so I cut to express emotions.
    I hope you don't take offense for my asking, but exactly how often do you cut yourself?
    Tell her you lift. My Thread: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=94672



    -Prodigiosus

  8. #28
    Senior Member manmat1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    408

    Re: Self Harm

    Frankie Boyle, a popular British comedian, tweeted the other day.
    "Let's all carve #SelfHarmAwarenessDay into our arms"
    As you can imagine he got flamed for it.
    AnimationsGoogle|PA Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Win_Guy
    Energy doesn't obey the laws of physics

  9. #29
    Slide

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    [loh-key-shuhn] n; a place of settlement, activity, or residence
    Posts
    3,742

    Re: Self Harm

    Quote Originally Posted by Prodigiosus
    Quote Originally Posted by Spock
    Quote Originally Posted by Spock
    I, today, do it because it makes things real. A physical manifestation of a problem that is abstract. I have problems dealing with the abstract, and I feel that when I have mental pain I need to prove that it's there. Make it real, or something to that effect. I also do it as expression. Things just seem so much more meaningful when they're written in blood or scars, and so I cut to express emotions.
    I hope you don't take offense for my asking, but exactly how often do you cut yourself?
    Depends. Once a week to daily to twice a day on rare occasions.

  10. #30
    Dedicated Member TheRavenHouse's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Awaiting ban
    Posts
    971

    Re: Self Harm

    Quote Originally Posted by Spock
    Depends. Once a week to daily to twice a day on rare occasions.
    What do you cut with? Do you use anything specific or just whatever?

    ___
    Quote Originally Posted by Slashed
    tl;dr: The forum is dying, so is pivot


 
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •