Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread: Self Harm

Re: Self Harm

Quote Originally Posted by Jojishi
    I'm just going to say this. You will regret it, even if it feels like the right thing to do at the time.

There are so many ignorant people in this world that you'll have to deal with. Fucktards that expect you to wear a fucking jumper in the Summer months just because your scars are ugly. Dumbasses that also think you're doing it for attention even though most people don't. People that think it's somehow okay to jump on self harmers because they made the choice to hurt themselves.

Fucking cruel world man. Full of fucking ignorant people.
    Stupid people...
    Stupid people everywhere =D

If you take anything they say seriously you are lowering yourself to their level, and if you argue, they WILL beat you with experience.
    xD

Everyone in the world gets a little bit depressed, I think some of the better ways of dealing with it are;
    1. Understanding it for what it really is - Its a chemical brain state causing you to feel like shit, nothing in reality has to change / be bad for you to be depressed (although it usually does trigger it) - e.g. there are people in war torn, famine ridden countries, like Somalia who are happy even with the shit hardship filled life they have had.

2. SOCIALIZE - This is a deal breaker, humans are social creatures if you don't socialize, irl, face to face, you probably will become depressed.

3. Don't over think small things. I would advise completely ignoring this thing where people expect you to read between the lines of what they're saying, like we are all playing a massive, boring, social retard detective game, be honest, take what others say at face value. Other peoples opinions are normally ignorant bullshit about matters like science, morality & society - information about which is available to them - why expect them to know anything about you if they don't know you.

4. Smile - Triggers brain activity that makes you happy - seems to easy but its true.
    5. Realize that shit loads of other people feel the same as you do - you can become slightly addicted to self pity, at least know that you're actually being a bit self centered when you think its so hard for you, there are millions worse off than you.

Cutting yourself is pretty useless, I mean if you don't do yourself any serious injury its no big deal, but you could spend that time doing something productive.
    AnimationsGoogle|PA Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Win_Guy
    Energy doesn't obey the laws of physics

Slide

[loh-key-shuhn] n; a place of settlement, activity, or residence

Quote Originally Posted by Ado dragon
    I agree.Also many cut themselves because of other people,because the yell at them or do stuff that leaves them depressed.I would never harm myself because of some stupid jerks don't respect anyone.
    People are responsible for their own happiness. No one does not can truly make someone depressed. Though I agree people as a whole are incredibly stupid, the blame can never be shifted to another person. Never.

Enthusiast

Not sure if this has been mentioned (it probably has). I remember hearing something about the brain releasing chemicals, kind of like a natural painkiller that would ease pain (mentally and physically), that is released when your hurt. I'm not sure the validity of this, since I've only heard about it, but its sounds reasonable.

credits to insertstupidusernamehere for the signature

PM me if you want courtesy.

My older brother self harms. I feel it really is for attention somewhat, he may not be thinking it directly, but he's always wanted to be in the spotlight, not for good things like being able to sing, for stupid things, like making himself bleed. It makes me angry to know people feel the need to physically mutilate themselves because they feel depressed, that people can drive others to such things. but then I get confused and wonder, 'If you're upset, and feel in pain, why add to the pain by slicing yourself up?'. I don't understand things such as this as I don't understand why people can't just think to themselves, 'Hey, I'm sure my family/friend(s) would help me' and sort the problem out. The worst part is my brother's a Haemophiliac, so shit like this could kill him.
    My thread

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    PSN: TestosteroneMong
    Steam: willace997
    PSN: Testosteronemong

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Wallace
    My older brother self harms. I feel it really is for attention somewhat, he may not be thinking it directly, but he's always wanted to be in the spotlight, not for good things like being able to sing, for stupid things, like making himself bleed. It makes me angry to know people feel the need to physically mutilate themselves because they feel depressed, that people can drive others to such things. but then I get confused and wonder, 'If you're upset, and feel in pain, why add to the pain by slicing yourself up?'. I don't understand things such as this as I don't understand why people can't just think to themselves, 'Hey, I'm sure my family/friend(s) would help me' and sort the problem out. The worst part is my brother's a Haemophiliac, so shit like this could kill him.

sometimes our family/friends have enough problems and don't want to add more to that. That's how I am a lot of times. But to do that knowing you could die even from a small cut, no. There are other ways to take out your anger physically. Hit something, scream, etc. But my reason for starting was because I can't take a knife to someone else, so I'll do it to me. The physical manifestation of pain goes away, emotional pain it harder to get rid of. Especially if you suffer from depression
    [center:c2uhva1r][/center:c2uhva1r]

[center:c2uhva1r]Skype~ bluewolf1014[/center:c2uhva1r]

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567