Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

A Timeless World

How do you picture it?

I'd say it would look like a long-exposure picture... but instead of being translucent, everything would be solid, and every particle that there is is in every position that they ever were and ever will be, even if they overlap... they wouldn't react, because they'd need time to.
    My Thread - Courtesyplz.

My brain asplode... Really, a timeless world would be a world were nothing happens. Because for an object to move or gain momentum, it needs time, and for an object to react it would need time. Also it would be very cold.
    I'm gay.

There could never be a timeless world. There might be a timeless universe, though.

I think if one existed it would be like a fly trap. Anyone coming into the universe would be instantly frozen, forever stuck in the position they entered. This universe would basically be nonexistant for all intensive purposes except as a type of "hole" in which nothing could be seen, since light would need time to travel.

This universe would coexist with ours on another "frequency", but instead of changing like other universes, it would be a constant and if we ever do learn how to tap into other dimensions and use wormholes etc.(which won't ever happen) then we would probably be able to use this as a type of ruler by which we can measure the movement of everything in our own universe, as long as our two universes don't move in relation to each other.

There are so many screwed up things in there that I don't want to fix.........
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect. ~Mark Twain

Click the animation above to visit.

Fanatic Enthusiast Flaming Wolf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sticktator
    How do you picture it?
    I picture it as being exactly the same as the way we live right now, because "time" doesn't exist, but say movement does, time is just something that humans made up to keep things on schedule. "Time" is really only an excuse for the movement of the universe (or universes, depending on what you believe) Before people acually new about the whole universe, they based "time" on how the sun, moon, and earth were moving, there for rending "time" void... (umm... sorry if that kinda blasted your theory away, I was just saying what I thought)
    [center:3m01loo1]CHECK IT OUT, I'M BACK
    ^THREAD^[/center:3m01loo1]

Quote Originally Posted by flaming wolf
    Quote Originally Posted by sticktator
    How do you picture it?
    I picture it as being exactly the same as the way we live right now, because "time" doesn't exist, but say movement does, time is just something that humans made up to keep things on schedule. "Time" is really only an excuse for the movement of the universe (or universes, depending on what you believe) Before people acually new about the whole universe, they based "time" on how the sun, moon, and earth were moving, there for rending "time" void... (umm... sorry if that kinda blasted your theory away, I was just saying what I thought)
    Ok, yeah, I didn't read anything after that, sorry. It was too blatently stupid to pay attention to after that. We pretty much established that time does exist, in the "Concept of time" thread in this very sub forum. Look it up.
    I'm gay.

I see what you mean...

But, Highly, you wouldn't have time to realise that it's cold, because you wouldn't have any time.
    My Thread - Courtesyplz.

Quote Originally Posted by Sticktator
    I see what you mean...

But, OGrilla, you wouldn't have time to realise that it's cold, because you wouldn't have any time.
    I said it was cold, and since my atomic structure is hotter than al teh rest, I would be the sole survivor of the human race, and would represent our sentiency to other species. yey
    I'm gay.

Oh... I couldn't be bothered to go back and look.

I'll edit.
    My Thread - Courtesyplz.

Quote Originally Posted by Sticktator
    Oh... I couldn't be bothered to go back and look.

I'll edit.
    lol. Well, the simple result of thisd trhead is that I'm in school roght now, and a timeless worl cannot exist
    I'm gay.

I am teh uber philosophyzer since SD's gone! lol jk

Mine's right, btw.......

8o "Gotcha!"
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect. ~Mark Twain

Click the animation above to visit.