Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Doll / Welfare. Your thoughts?

Veteran Enthusiast

Doll / Welfare. Your thoughts?

I can't stand the people that abuse the system, and live off tax payers money.
    http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/t ... 6589493861
    This is going to happen in Australia if he is elected, and he already had my vote in the first place. I am sick and tired of my hard earned money (yes I pay tax) going to some of these drug addicts and generally lazy people, when it could be used to improve the lives of the entire city, rather than the singular people who lazily benefit from this.

Re: Doll / Welfare. Your thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Blot
    This is going to happen in Australia if he is elected, and he already had my vote in the first place. I am sick and tired of my hard earned money (yes I pay tax) going to some of these drug addicts and generally lazy people, when it could be used to improve the lives of the entire city, rather than the singular people who lazily benefit from this.
    I want to quickly get in here before someone brings up one of the most ANNOYING and stupid misconceptions about Doll / welfare.
    Welfare / doll payments are what's known as a transfer payment. Meaning YOUR tax goes to the governments who then give it to YOU. Maybe not you specifically, but any old drug addict, well meaning job seeker, disabled person etc people in your country. THAT person then SPENDS THAT MONEY, IN Y O U R economy. It BOOSTS the economy. Any politician who claims its a cost to the country is talking shit. =D That wasn't directed at You blot, just anyone who is going to post.

Now to the issue of a drug addict. Addicts are not nasty people. They are mentally ill. Simple as. I agree, if you KNOW they are addicts, have government run courses which they HAVE to go on to help them.
    You take that money away from them with no alternative, and they will turn to crime or whatever other means they can of getting money for their addiction - which has a knock on effect on the area they are in, and it become a never ending cycle in which the distribution of wealth becomes worse and worse and eventually everyone takes a massive hit.
    AnimationsGoogle|PA Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Win_Guy
    Energy doesn't obey the laws of physics

Manmat1 has said everything that there is to say. I completely agree with him.
    | Pivot | Artwork | Youtube |
    DD Achievements:
    Spoiler:

Beginner:
    • 16 august 2008

Intermediate:
    • 9 January 2009

Veteran:
    • 28 June 2010

666 Posts:
    • 3 July 2010

1000 Posts:
    • 12 November 2010

2000 Posts:
    • 30 March 2011

3000 Posts:
    • 25 December 2011

4000 Posts:
    • 19 November 2012

Vip:
    • 15 July 2010
      Special thanks to Arch

Myfiles:
    • 29 October 2010
      Special thanks to Mango

2 Month ban:
    • 16 July 2010
      Special thanks to Skype

Veteran Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by manmat1
    I want to quickly get in here before someone brings up one of the most ANNOYING and stupid misconceptions about Doll / welfare.
    Welfare / doll payments are what's known as a transfer payment. Meaning YOUR tax goes to the governments who then give it to YOU. Maybe not you specifically, but any old drug addict, well meaning job seeker, disabled person etc people in your country. THAT person then SPENDS THAT MONEY, IN Y O U R economy. It BOOSTS the economy. Any politician who claims its a cost to the country is talking shit. =D That wasn't directed at You blot, just anyone who is going to post.

Now to the issue of a drug addict. Addicts are not nasty people. They are mentally ill. Simple as. I agree, if you KNOW they are addicts, have government run courses which they HAVE to go on to help them.
    You take that money away from them with no alternative, and they will turn to crime or whatever other means they can of getting money for their addiction - which has a knock on effect on the area they are in, and it become a never ending cycle in which the distribution of wealth becomes worse and worse and eventually everyone takes a massive hit.
    If you think drug addicts are mentally ill, then so are people who find the need to rape women.

Drug addicts know what they are doing, I've seen it, and I've experienced it personally. The fact of the matter is, it doesn't matter if it goes back into the economy, these people are getting money for nothing, a lot of them do absolutely nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by manmat1

If you think drug addicts are mentally ill, then so are people who find the need to rape women.

Drug addicts know what they are doing, I've seen it, and I've experienced it personally. The fact of the matter is, it doesn't matter if it goes back into the economy, these people are getting money for nothing, a lot of them do absolutely nothing.
    1. Drug addicts are mentally Ill.
    Just as people with OCD are. Just because you looked at some of them and decided they know what they're doing doesn't make them sane.
    To put your addiction before the people you love and couldn't live without is mental illness.
    Drug users aren't necessarily addicts

2. I was just making the economics point so no one tried to use that as an argument against doll.

3. The ethics point is separate.
    The majority of the welfare budget goes to pensioners. The people who are most vulnerable, the mentally ill, drug addicts etc will turn to ANYTHING to for fill their addiction, including crime.
    You want higher crime? no.
    So what do you do? You needn't give money DIRECTLY too them is they are a drug addict, you spend the welfare budget on rehabs, give them proper treatments and make them attend.
    Not giving them money to live on will NOT make them work.
    Will make the problem worse and overall screw over all the working people too.
    AnimationsGoogle|PA Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Win_Guy
    Energy doesn't obey the laws of physics

Quote Originally Posted by Stark View Post
    Okay, so when I was growing up, around nine, ten, eleven, my parents had just divorced, I was living with my mom at the time in a shitty basement we rented. My mom didn't have a job, and she didn't have the experience to get one since her college education was so long ago, she did what she could to make money, different small jobs and such, but with raising me and going to school again she couldn't bring in enough money, not by a long shot, welfare and foodstamps saved us, it gave us the money that we needed to survive. Now she works full time, we're not on welfare or any aid anymore, we don't need it, because with the help it gave us in the past we were able to rise above it. Welfare and public aid in general is very important to me, I wouldn't be here if it didn't exist... And wouldn't you just hate to live in a world without Raven House =3?

___
    Quote Originally Posted by Slashed
    tl;dr: The forum is dying, so is pivot

Veteran Enthusiast

The difference is your mother has worked her way off it, which is extremely admirable. My mother and father divorced when I was 1, she took me and my two siblings. She had little experience, had dropped out of high school. My dad had a lot of money, he did pay child support but not enough. She worked her ass off, had to rely on my grandparents and our school friends parents to look after us so she could work.
    It is important, though it can be worked off, like your mother did.

Funny you comment on this, a girl my age just posted on instagram about her first welfare payment, of 1,025. For doing nothing. One of my mates was outraged and rest were like "you'd claim the money if you could." I can actually claim the money, for living with a single parent and studying full-time, but I choose not to.

The difference is your mother has worked her way off it, which is extremely admirable. My mother and father divorced when I was 1, she took me and my two siblings. She had little experience, had dropped out of high school. My dad had a lot of money, he did pay child support but not enough. She worked her ass off, had to rely on my grandparents and our school friends parents to look after us so she could work.
    It is important, though it can be worked off, like your mother did.

Funny you comment on this, a girl my age just posted on instagram about her first welfare payment, of 1,025. For doing nothing. One of my mates was outraged and rest were like "you'd claim the money if you could." I can actually claim the money, for living with a single parent and studying full-time, but I choose not to.
    Yes that would be the difference, but I think it's better that we let a few people who don't deserve it get money as well as the people who do than not letting anyone get money, there's a lot of money in this world, I think it's worth it to waste some on the wrong people just as long as the right people get their share as well.

___

Veteran Enthusiast

Just to put it into context my dad literally paid $10,000 dollars of tax yesterday..

Just to put it into context my dad literally paid $10,000 dollars of tax yesterday..
    Well I just looked it up but I couldn't find many sources so correct me if I'm wrong, that would mean he paid about 3000$ to welfare and the like, do you have any idea how little of a difference 3000$ a year makes? That's less than ten dollars a day that he's contributing to someone's life, if anything it should be more, as human's we have the right to life, happiness, love, death, and education, that is my belief, if anyone has more than what is needed for that then a large part if not all of the excess should be given to people who don't have their rights fulfilled. These are just my personal beliefs now, I'm not trying to convince you of it.

___

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast