Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Like Tree9Likes
  • 2 Post By manmat1
  • 2 Post By manmat1
  • 3 Post By ApricotMilk
  • 1 Post By nębatterí
  • 1 Post By Strider

Thread: Culture of Fear

Veteran Enthusiast

Culture of Fear

not debating this anymore.
    Last edited by Stark; 01 Jun 2013 at 06:11 PM.

A quick prelude to my response,
    I seem to be noticing quite a lot of xenophobia coming out of Australia recently. Myself and others (in the UK) have separately noted this both from interactions with Aus. citizens and from news stories.
    If you live in Aus, is this the case?

OK, now to look at some specific points;
    "To feel truly safe in the western world at this time is to be wholeheartedly naive and ignorant to the issues at hand. "
    Nonsense, the western world is safer than;
    1. The places where these bombers are coming from & the REST of the world.
    2. Than it used to be or has EVER been.

^The above quote is spreading fear which is dangerous and counter productive.

"I believe it fair to say that religions are becoming less of straight forward rules to live one’s life by, and more like interpretive ideological beliefs and morals to aid one to live in peace."
    This isn't a recent thing.

"Instead, it should be seen as a fantasy, for when religion does not rule our Government, our schools and our lives, is when the world will reach the closest possible form of utopia."
    Just not true, religious decline has not aided world or domestic peace / wellbeing in the slightest - new technology and globalization have.

"Bloodcurdling screams of pain and chants of “Allah O Akbar” filled a street in South London, when the so called “religion of peace” performed a most savage, most barbaric slaughter of a man."
    The religion did fuck all. This is a lie and a provocative statement - again spreading fear.
    A couple of mentally disturbed individuals, one of whom had been tortured and raped prior to the event, decided they would kill somebody.
    Why? Ignorance, fear and hate.
    Hate has no colour nor age nor creed. It has existed since the dawn of humanity. It exists because of (IRONICALLY given the start & name of the passage above) FEAR.
    Fear exists because of ignorance *
    The reason recently Islamist's have been the ones exercising this hate is because of the constant war in their land. War brought to them (in their minds) by the west, the white people. **

"It is now that we must fight the cancer of Islamism (Islamic militancy or fundamentalism)"
    We can do that by leaving the middle east alone.

You cannot do a proper analysis of something like this without considering the historical and social influences that caused them.
    I you DO attempt to, you will be SPREADING THE VERY IGNORANCE YOU ARE AGAINST.
    Causing fear, causing hate - a vicious cycle that will not end until billions are dead.
    We as civilians should do NOTHING more than we currently do.
    Appose the wars in the middle east if you want this to stop.

A proper analysis of the terrorism situation requires a very very detailed study of the influences involved from now back to the start of the 19 century and further back.

* There is JUST as much ignorance in the secular societies as in the religious ones.

** Notice also, the MASSIVE majority of suicide attacks
    HAPPEN IN THE MIDDLE EAST!
    Thousands more have died in the middle east as a result of terrorist than in the west.
    Jojishi and ApricotMilk like this.

Veteran Enthusiast

Not debating anymore.
    Last edited by Stark; 01 Jun 2013 at 06:11 PM.

"It isn't a recent thing but people still continue to act ignorant and blind towards scientific discovery and secular facts, because it disproves their beliefs."
    Most people in the west are ignorant of the majority of scientific discoveries and most religions accept them. E.g. Catholicism accepts evolution & big bang theory.

"You can not say that any war has not had any religious involvement,"
    1.) The Seven Years’ War (Britain & France)
    2.)The American Revolution
    3.)The French Revolution
    4.)The Napoleonic Wars (France & Europe)
    5.)The Revolutions in the Americas
    6.)The Wars to create and preserve the British Empire (Boer War, Irish Revolution, and the Great Game with Russia would all be examples)
    7.)The American Civil War
    8.)The Crimean War
    9.)The Spanish-American War
    10.)The Great War, The War to End All Wars, or World War I (whatever you want to call it)
    11.)The Italian invasion of Ethiopia
    12.)The Spanish Civil War
    13.)Stalin’s invasions of Finland, the Baltic states, and Poland
    14.)World War II
    15.)The Chinese Revolution
    16.)The Cold War, including but not limited to the Korean War, the Cuban Missile Crisis, the Vietnam War, the American intervention in Grenada, and the Soviet campaign in Afghanistan
    17.)The Cultural Revolution in China (If you don’t want to call this a war I’ll concede it)
    18.)Pol Pot’s Khmer Rouge Revolution
    19.)The Falklands War
    20.)The Persian Gulf War between Iran & Iraq
    21.)The Persian Gulf War between the United Nations and Iraq

Also, Hitler tried to wipe out the Jewish RACE, not specifically religion. WW2 had economic and social causes, not religious ones.

You stated that the religion COMMITTED the act. That is 1. not possible 2. untrue if you're saying their religion requires it.
    There religion does not require it nor allow it.
    According to Islam, they will burn in hell. You can only attack people who you're genuinely at war with.
    1. No one is at war with Islam
    2. If they are at war with Islam, Lee was not on active service, ergo, he was a civilian.

"Gender inequality, killing women who were raped for having sex outside of marriage, you can't tell me this is because of white culture influencing them."
    I suppose western cultures never took part in this sort of thing?
    Oh wait, yes we did.
    Stoning would probably seem great to all those women burned alive by monarchs.
    The middle east is not yet ready for our way of life. If we leave it alone it leaves us.
    The hatred of the west is not unjustified. We used the middle east countless times for our own gain, America is responsible for over half the weapons and ammo in Afghanistan used by the Taliban & Al Quaeda (which of course spread to other countries in the region) because they USED them to beat the Russians.

"I think it works both ways, if we leave the middle east alone, I guarantee that the extremist Islamic people who live in our communities will still perform actions such as this in the name of their child molesting lord Mohammad."
    Utter horseshit,
    These people are human beings. If we hadn't fucked their lands quite so hard, they would have no reason to hate us.
    The reason AL Queada's internet campaigns and propergander work so well is because they DON'T have to make up much of it.

The Iraq war was Illegal.
    George bush, Tony Blair & some of the Intelligence gatherers working on Iraq WMD.

Are guilty. Of war crimes.

They are brought before no court.
    We used their countries to fight OUR cold war. Leaving them in ruins.
    These people, after having their countries fucked by the west, after watching their friends and family die, then notice that ^ these two are still free men?
    Of course these groups are going to preach about it.
    Given what I have seen of the Australian sense of patriotism, I think you would do the same and worse if it happened to you.

"I think civilians should do more, who else do we trust to do this? Everyone is a civilian at some point."
    Your governments with their armies who you elected? All the civilians can do is spread more hate if they "do more".
    Marching for peace, against war & being tolerant is what "more" the civilians should be doing.

"It is not an analysis, it's an opinion piece, one that is meant to be persuasive, so therefore I do not have to look at historical and social influences."
    ?!?!?!? OK, if you're just practicing this for writing purposes, fine. But maybe don't post it publicly then? (If its based on factual inaccuracies?)
    If you're going to make factual claims in the piece, I am pretty sure you should make sure that they're true.
    It's not very responsible to put this up if you're not going to write the truth imho.
    (although, not much harm done if like 3 people read it because its on DarkDemon xD)
    You're not going to be persuasive to as many people if you're not telling the truth, or at least using it to back up your argument.

"By that logic though, black people should be allowed to hang white people up from trees and burn them in America, or force them to work in salve labor because of their history."

My logic was: Proper analysis of this isn't possible without considering the history of the situation and that not fucking their countries in the arse might make them more agreeable.

The logic quoted above is: Acts of immorality in the past are moral justification for the offended party's ancestors to replicate these acts of the ancestors of the offenders.

"At least with secular society, the ignorance is usually based off factual information. Evolution is just one subject which someone's ignorance may come from, but at least it's based off of fact and not off of a fictional book."
    Ignorance is ignorance.
    Being ignorant of evolution is the same as being ignorant of theology.

Some ignorance can be allowed if you have a system like the UK, stability can be maintained even if there are some morons around (although it does bring down their well being as they can vote etc.)

I started typing out my own list, got as far as Gulf war then decided to Google it instead. xD
    I agree with the list though
    Jojishi and ApricotMilk like this.

Veteran Enthusiast

I can't be bothered arguing about this with you anymore. You claim you are right, as I claim I am. You're just as stubborn as me, each to his own.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Stark View Post
    I'm not here to debate the stuff I said
    It's almost as if you posted this thread in the debate area!
    Minifrij, nębatterí and Jojishi like this.

ℋope
    Quote Originally Posted by Sway View Post

That was the best post I have ever seen on DarkDemon/Animator
    Jojishi likes this.

Veteran Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Sway View Post
    Hence why I want it locked but a certain moderator won't do it. I was tossing up whether to post it in the debate area or in the literature section. Obviously I made a mistake, and I want it locked but a staff member won't do it for me so I'm editing my posts.

Sheesh, fine.
    manmat1 likes this.
    Behaviorally Related Neural Plasticity in the Arthropod Optic Lobes

tumblr | last.fm