Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 78
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Marijuana Vs Cigarrettes

  1. #1
    Neo
    Neo is offline
    Enthusiast Neo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,377

    Marijuana Vs Cigarrettes

    So I've recently had my friend explain to me how Marijuana is actually less harmful than cigarettes, I've done some research on it and it seems to be true, and is actually legal in some places, and how marijuana is only dangerous when smoken with tobacco. Many will use the argument that it increases the chances of lung cancer, but it really doesn't, much. Because if you smoke any plant it increases chances of lung disease, am I wrong? Has anyone else heard of this? Thoughts?

    |Pivot|YouTube|Easytoon|Flash|Animation Blog|Want some CC?

    Ranks
    Spoiler:
    Intermediate: 11th November 2012

  2. #2
    Veteran Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,972
    Maruijana is less harmful then tobacco physically. Apparently when smoked full-green (No spin) no one has yet to have been diagnosed with cancer because of it. However, mentally maruijana can really fuck some people up. It worsens the memory after prolonged periods of time, makes you really unmotivated, can cause depression after a while and even Mental illnesses if you have the genes for it (Family history of schizophrenia, bipolar , OCD etc).
    Not to mention how much it costs, it can really waste away your credit card after a decent amount of time.

    Basically, cigarettes are worse for you physically, maruijana is worse mentally.
    MEn likes this.

  3. #3
    he llo Mitchell's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Aus
    Posts
    1,907
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithium View Post
    Maruijana is less harmful then tobacco physically. Apparently when smoked full-green (No spin) no one has yet to have been diagnosed with cancer because of it. However, mentally maruijana can really fuck some people up. It worsens the memory after prolonged periods of time, makes you really unmotivated, can cause depression after a while and even Mental illnesses if you have the genes for it (Family history of schizophrenia, bipolar , OCD etc).
    Not to mention how much it costs, it can really waste away your credit card after a decent amount of time.

    Basically, cigarettes are worse for you physically, maruijana is worse mentally.
    Good to see somebody with the ability to think fucking rationally as opposed to "LEL NOTHIN WRONG WITH 420 BLAZE xDDDDDD"
    Jojishi likes this.
    .
    Moonlight Road: 210/600
    .

  4. #4
    Senior Member manmat1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    408
    Weed reduces your IQ.
    That's based on a correlation but given my experience of people who didn't and now do smoke weed it seems to be true.
    Then again anyone who chooses to smoke anything is a moron.
    =D
    AnimationsGoogle|PA Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Win_Guy
    Energy doesn't obey the laws of physics

  5. #5
    Dedicated Member TheRavenHouse's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Awaiting ban
    Posts
    971
    Quote Originally Posted by manmat1 View Post
    Weed reduces your IQ.
    That's based on a correlation but given my experience of people who didn't and now do smoke weed it seems to be true.
    Then again anyone who chooses to smoke anything is a moron.
    =D
    So not true, in my experience when my friends started smoking weed they got way smarter, it's a personal thing though, for some people it expands their minds, for others it reduces them, no drug works the same on one person as it does on another. Don't be a judgmental asshole, especially when you have no idea what you're talking about.
    Psyclon likes this.

    ___
    Quote Originally Posted by Slashed
    tl;dr: The forum is dying, so is pivot

  6. #6
    Senior Member manmat1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    408
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRavenHouse View Post
    So not true, in my experience when my friends started smoking weed they got way smarter, it's a personal thing though, for some people it expands their minds, for others it reduces them, no drug works the same on one person as it does on another. Don't be a judgmental asshole, especially when you have no idea what you're talking about.
    People who smoke weed tend to have a lower IQ.
    That needn't suggest cause.
    Don't confuse getting smarter with talking more """ deep """ shit.
    Smoking weed =/= a PHD in metaphysics.
    Given the way it makes the neurons in your brain fire randomly the chances of it making you smarter are extremely low.
    A separate point, smoking anything is stupid by any standards of the word stupid.
    The negative affects + the monetary cost would put the same people off anything else.
    Admittedly smoking weed actually gives you something for your money but cigarettes are a complete joke.
    AnimationsGoogle|PA Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Win_Guy
    Energy doesn't obey the laws of physics

  7. #7
    Veteran Enthusiast


    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Perth, WA
    Posts
    6,385
    The main point of everything in life is everything effects people differently. Everyone is different. Some people will benefit from smoking weed, some won't. Someone like my father can smoke cigarettes majority of his life, and not get lung cancer, while others could have a packet and get lung cancer.
    It all comes down to preference. I mean, if I had a choice between a cigarette and a joint, I wouldn't be able to choose, because it all depends on how I'm feeling. Most times I'll choose the weed, but it all depends.
    But right now in my life I'd say no to both.
    It isn't healthy, anyone who argues saying it is healthy is lying, in every case weed will be be detrimental if used in excess. Everything is bad for you if consumed too much, such as vitamin c tablets can have bad effects on your liver etc etc.

    Also manmat that is a massive generalisation. That's the same as me saying "black people tend to be faster at running." It's a generalisation, nothing more. Your argument is extremely obnoxious.
    Last edited by Stark; 26 Jun 2013 at 09:55 AM.

  8. #8
    Veteran Enthusiast Kellawgs's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    6,141
    Why would somebody smoke something

  9. #9
    Dedicated Member TheRavenHouse's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Awaiting ban
    Posts
    971
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellawgs View Post
    Why would somebody smoke something
    That's like asking why someone would eat a donut despite it being unhealthy.

    ___
    Quote Originally Posted by Slashed
    tl;dr: The forum is dying, so is pivot

  10. #10
    Senior Member manmat1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    408
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRavenHouse View Post
    That's like asking why someone would eat a donut despite it being unhealthy.
    A doughnut wont harm you by itself, smoking will in any quantity. One cigarette / spliff will harm you, its a poison.
    You can eat 4 doughnuts a day and remain at top fitness & health (doughnuts with out hydrogenated fat).
    You cannot smoke 4 cigs / spliffs a day and remain healthy.
    AnimationsGoogle|PA Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Win_Guy
    Energy doesn't obey the laws of physics


 
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •