Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Piracy

Piracy

What do you think about internet piracy?
    I don't see anything wrong in it...

The Little Frij
    Piracy doesn't bother me, but it's better if you aren't just pirating to for pirating sake imo. If you're actually doing something with what you pirate (E.g pirating FLStudio to learn how to make music) then it is slightly more redeeming in my eyes.

The one thing that does bother me is the amount of effort that the authorities are putting into it to try and stop it. They are spending so much time and effort to try and block websites such as The Pirate Bay when they could be doing much better things for the places they live.

ℋope
    Fun Fact: Avicii pirated FlStudio when he started making music.

I don't mind piracy

Banned
    I dont really care for piracy. I dont pirate tho.

It's up to governments to remove piracy sites that break the law & to prosecute their proprietors and the major suppliers of pirated content.
    Going after the down-loaders is an incredibly long winded and expensive way to not solve the problem.

I do what I want because a pirate is free, and I am a pirate. Yar har! etc.
    AnimationsGoogle|PA Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Win_Guy
    Energy doesn't obey the laws of physics

Banned
    We live creedy times...

Quote Originally Posted by Minifrij View Post
    Piracy doesn't bother me, but it's better if you aren't just pirating to for pirating sake imo. If you're actually doing something with what you pirate (E.g pirating FLStudio to learn how to make music) then it is slightly more redeeming in my eyes.

The one thing that does bother me is the amount of effort that the authorities are putting into it to try and stop it. They are spending so much time and effort to try and block websites such as The Pirate Bay when they could be doing much better things for the places they live.
    So if you do something productive with somebodies IP then you're let off the hook in Minifrij's eyes. The whole reasons the "authorities", are going after this is because it is illegal. They have an obligation to at least look like they are following the laws they set out. People are losing money because of this and it isn't just the people trying to line their pockets.
    R.I.P Grace - 18 November 1997 - 14 March 2011

|PM Me |My Thread |Request a Move Up |Report a Rulebreaker |The Rules |

The Little Frij
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    The whole reasons the "authorities", are going after this is because it is illegal. They have an obligation to at least look like they are following the laws they set out. People are losing money because of this and it isn't just the people trying to line their pockets.
    I realize this, and I can understand why they would, but it is the sheer lengths that companies go to to try and stop piracy. Take The Pirate Bay for example. In an attempt to stop piracy Paypal stopped funding a VPN ran by one of the creators of The Pirate Bay. This is no worse than piracy as they are directly taking money away from one business.
    It has also gotten so extreme that they have began blocking everything to do with The Pirate Bay. They have blocked a free documentary about the website. They did block The Promo Bay, a website to promote upcoming artists which hosted no pirated/illegal content.
    I understand that they have to block illegal websites, just like they would have to block or remove a website promoting terrorism, but the way that they are going about it is wrong imo.

Paypal doesn't = authorities. Also those that did block the Promo Bay were ISPs not the authorities. Unless in the UK the government owns the ISP companies.
    R.I.P Grace - 18 November 1997 - 14 March 2011

|PM Me |My Thread |Request a Move Up |Report a Rulebreaker |The Rules |

The Little Frij
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    Paypal doesn't = authorities. Also those that did block the Promo Bay were ISPs not the authorities. Unless in the UK the government owns the ISP companies.
    Sorry, I think that I used the wrong word with authorities. Perhaps companies and corporations are the correct terms.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast