Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do we live?

Why do we live?

This question look so simple, but think about it...
    My math teacher asked this question and no one could even reply to it. And why?
    I tought about it...and couldn't find a correct answer.
    Of course some people will say: to get a job, make money and blablabla.
    But then, you die. You'll die one day. So it's everything you did was a waste of time.[/b]

I guess the point to living is to make some kind of mark on the world. Like, a really famous person makes their mark by being famous, and they are "immortalised" or just remembered by being famous. That's what I think anyway. :P
    [center:3qmfvtqh][/center:3qmfvtqh]

Quote Originally Posted by Bahamut
    I guess the point to living is to make some kind of mark on the world. Like, a really famous person makes their mark by being famous, and they are "immortalised" or just remembered by being famous. That's what I think anyway. :P
    Aha good point, but what about not famous people. So they basicly failed to their mission?

Yeah, that's pretty much it. They didn't succeed at life because they didn't try hard enough. These are the kind of people that invented craziness like "religion" so that they could be immortalised after death. The point is, you live and then you die. Whether or not you want a kick-ass life in between it is up to you. :P
    [center:3qmfvtqh][/center:3qmfvtqh]

Quote Originally Posted by Bahamut
    I guess the point to living is to make some kind of mark on the world.
    So like a skid mark? :P

Yeah well, i don't really know why we live. Maybe we ae here just to acomplish something different, i dunno.. I'm no philosopher confused_)
    [center:1galr654][/center:1galr654]
    [center:1galr654]SOCIALLY AWKWARD ALAN[/center:1galr654]

Enthusiast
    We're biological organisms. There is no point to life. Do you think a spider wakes up every morning and thinks about why they are alive?

Ultimate Flash Tutorial
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy
    Quote Originally Posted by ddd9824
    It wont end like that! read the bible
    And it wont end like that either. Read a brief history of time.

We live because God loves us and put us on this earth. Our purpose in life is to grow in our relationship with God and to witness our faith to other people so that they will go to heaven. No one on this earth deserves to go to heaven, but God loves us so much that he died on the cross for us to save us from our sins. Because of this, anyone that believes in God and accepts him as their Lord and Savior can go to heaven. We are not saved by our works. And by the way, I'm a Christian. So sorry about like preaching to you guys, but I just felt I had to say this.

Ryan
    Are you hungry!?!
    Here's my thread: *Click*

Quote Originally Posted by EatsaPIZZAboy324
    We live because God loves us and put us on this earth. Our purpose in life is to grow in our relationship with God and to witness our faith to other people so that they will go to heaven. No one on this earth deserves to go to heaven, but God loves us so much that he died on the cross for us to save us from our sins. Because of this, anyone that believes in God and accepts him as their Lord and Savior can go to heaven. We are not saved by our works. And by the way, I'm a Christian. So sorry about like preaching to you guys, but I just felt I had to say this.

Ryan
    Jesus died on the cross... Also please dont bring religion here, might end up in a flame war.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilio
    Quote Originally Posted by EatsaPIZZAboy324

Ryan
    Jesus died on the cross... Also please dont bring religion here, might end up in a flame war.
    Jesus is God, but I don't want to get into that. And I know this could be a flame war, but I was just stating what I believed, and that's why I believe that we live. There ya have it!

Ryan
    Are you hungry!?!
    Here's my thread: *Click*

Re: Why do we live?

Quote Originally Posted by Wilio
    This question look so simple, but think about it...
    My math teacher asked this question and no one could even reply to it. And why?
    I tought about it...and couldn't find a correct answer.
    Of course some people will say: to get a job, make money and blablabla.
    But then, you die. You'll die one day. So it's everything you did was a waste of time.[/b]
    i thinked that too but, you never know because no one returns from the death to tell the story, we really dont know what will happen when we death so its impossible to answer

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast