Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: The Right To Death

You can't kill yourself when you can't move decently or are under surveillance of doctors, smartass.

And sifter, are you saying that if you were under hellish pains all the time, you'd not even think about wanting to die? Let me tell you, you will and anyone would if they were in the situation. Also when you're living and you can't do anything, you'll probably get so bored you'd want to just leave the planet. You'd have had a nice life and wouldn't want others to get this horrifying image of you just lying there like a plant.

Uh, hi. I do stuff.

DD addict
    That doesn't change anything.
    @K leb: Well, my religion made commiting suicide forbidden because if we did so, we'd had defied the fate that is given by god. And that'll automaticly put the one in hell.

Quote Originally Posted by K leb View Post
    You can't kill yourself when you can't move decently or are under surveillance of doctors, smartass.
    I think you kinda misunderstood him. He means if you've already killed yourself they obviously can't do anything.
    Still the way he said it was p douchey.
    Moonlight Road: 210/600

Quote Originally Posted by sifterpivoter View Post
    @K leb: Well, my religion made commiting suicide forbidden because if we did so, we'd had defied the fate that is given by god. And that'll automaticly put the one in hell.
    If you're in hell on earth it won't change anything, I'd take the shot. But I'm an atheist who thought rationally about religion and decided I can't believe in it even if I wanted to, who am I to say things about it.

Uh, hi. I do stuff.

Banned

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by sifterpivoter View Post
    That doesn't change anything.
    Not everyone has the same beliefs though. No matter what beliefs we have I think we can all agree that constant suffering is no way to live. It's a hard decision to make and I'm sure people would want to live but don't have much of a choice when they're in so much pain. Contrary to belief, sometimes it is the only option if the situation has no hope of improving.

If we're going to bring religion into this debate, then if the person in question is religious and being kept alive is their wish then they can have it. It all comes down to choice though and I don't think someone should have the choice over whether someone else lives or dies. It can only be the person in suffering's decision.
    Minifrij likes this.

Working on LVD2!
    I'm so bored!
    I need halp. I'm an atheist too. yay!
    Last edited by Amir; 10 Oct 2013 at 09:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jojishi View Post
    Not everyone has the same beliefs though. No matter what beliefs we have I think we can all agree that constant suffering is no way to live. It's a hard decision to make and I'm sure people would want to live but don't have much of a choice when they're in so much pain. Contrary to belief, sometimes it is the only option if the situation has no hope of improving.

If we're going to bring religion into this debate, then if the person in question is religious and being kept alive is their wish then they can have it. It all comes down to choice though and I don't think someone should have the choice over whether someone else lives or dies. It can only be the person in suffering's decision.
    Well yeah like, this debate is about whether you can have the right to it in the end. I think even if you wouldn't want to sign for your own death, you can still give others the right to choose for this if they feel life is truly unbearable.

Also, this is one of the less obvious cases that I think will actually make people agree and disagree about whether it's a right to be put down then. My dad personally says that if he becomes one of these elderly people with dementia he wants someone to pull out the plug. He wants to be remembered as the person he is and has been all his life, not as this gaga bastard he was for the last (few) year(s). Do you guys think of this as his right and give him the ability to sign something that will let him die when he gets dementia or do you guys think this isn't major enough to be considered his right?

Uh, hi. I do stuff.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by amirkenan View Post
    I'm so bored!
    I need halp. I'm an atheist too. yay!
    What in god's name does that have to do with this thread.

anyways, I believe that if a person really wants it honestly, they can have the right to death.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12