Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Why did Gangnam style become so popular?

Banned

Why did Gangnam style become so popular?

Posted on July 15th of the year 2012. It exploded in popularity. Getting over 1 billion views.

More than a year later.

It has 1,700,000,000 views.

Nearing almost 2 billion views.

The dance itself became a global sensation.
    Dozens of parodies released.

Even on talk shows like ''The Ellen show''.

Why do you think Gangnam style became so popular?

And why do you think people like that dance so much?

Last edited by Decibel; 21 Oct 2013 at 09:08 PM.

Banned
    If you actually bother to reply then please leave quotation marks where you may have taken statements from, and list the source if possible.

Banned
    Personally, I do not believe that there will ever be peace. There will always be someone who hates another person to the point where that person may harm the other person, or anything amongst those lines.

Also I heard an interesting little quote the other day that my teacher told me that sorta relates to this.
    "If all religions preach peace, why cant they achieve peace?"

Slide

[loh-key-shuhn] n; a place of settlement, activity, or residence
    Peace is not only impossible, it's undesirable. A kind of world where everyone gets along is terribly boring.

3hunnit

What constitutes as peace for some may be a threat for others. Not everyone will be satisfied with the results at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Spock View Post
    Peace is not only impossible, it's undesirable. A kind of world where everyone gets along is terribly boring.
    "A world where everyone gets along is terribly boring." what the fuck does that mean? You want people to die so you wont be bored?

I believe peace is achievable, but probably not in my lifetime, I estimate it will happen in two hundred years, I believe all nations will become one, religion will become simply spirituality, there will be no races, we will all be one. Call me a faggot, but I believe in love and harmony.

___
    Quote Originally Posted by Slashed
    tl;dr: The forum is dying, so is pivot

Banned
    When everyone's dead.
    Behemoth likes this.

Slide

[loh-key-shuhn] n; a place of settlement, activity, or residence
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRavenHouse View Post
    "A world where everyone gets along is terribly boring." what the fuck does that mean? You want people to die so you wont be bored?

I believe peace is achievable, but probably not in my lifetime, I estimate it will happen in two hundred years, I believe all nations will become one, religion will become simply spirituality, there will be no races, we will all be one. Call me a faggot, but I believe in love and harmony.
    No, but think about what peace would mean. There is no way peace is achievable unless conflict in general is eliminated, which, as is human nature, means that basic ideological differences would have to disappear. I'm not prepared to live in a place where everyone thinks the same.

Banned
    My personal belief is that peace is only truly achieved once you're dead. No suffering or conflict if you don't exist.

DD addict
    Everyone should have had a moment of peace every now and then, therefore, peace is true.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast