Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

what if life is just a dream?

yeah the title sounds very stupid, but what if the life was a dream? then when we "dead" we awake up from that dream and start to living again, as a babies, then we will dead again sometime and awake up from that dream again (as no one returns from death to tell the story we cant be sure what happens to someone when he/she dead)

Well, if you dreamt your last life, you'd remember it. No one I've ever heard of has memories from another life. But I suppose if your theory is right, I've been asleep my whole life, but "dream-living". That'd mean that my real body/soul is "asleep"... somewhere else. Sounds like something out of the matrix. :P
    [center:3qmfvtqh][/center:3qmfvtqh]

Quote Originally Posted by Bahamut
    Well, if you dreamt your last life, you'd remember it. No one I've ever heard of has memories from another life. But I suppose if your theory is right, I've been asleep my whole life, but "dream-living". That'd mean that my real body/soul is "asleep"... somewhere else. Sounds like something out of the matrix. :P
    lol that was funny, but check the other text in bold. No, because all these people are in your dream, its like we all together are dreaming the same thing, and remember that you awake as a baby, i mean when you re born, and i dont think that anyone can remember things from the 1 2 or 3 months of age.

Quote Originally Posted by Xemozu
    you awake as a baby, i mean when you re born, and i dont think that anyone can remember things from the 1 2 or 3 months of age.
    Yes, but if you had a past life, you'd remember it. The first 3 months of your life have nothing to do with the 70-odd years you had before you were born again. You wouldn't just lose that memory.

IF LIFE IS JUST A DREAM THEN I CAN MANIPULATE IT.

I'm a lucid dreamer.
    My Thread - Courtesyplz.

Quote Originally Posted by Sticktator
    IF LIFE IS JUST A DREAM THEN I CAN MANIPULATE IT.

I'm a lucid dreamer.
    That's great. Why don't you explain it in the context of this thread? Kinda spammy. :P

I can control what happens in dreams too, sometimes. But what if that control is like another illusion? There's nothing to tell you that you know you actually have control over a dream. The fact that I can only do it sometimes shows that I have no control over controlling myself, if that makes sense. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Bahamut
    Quote Originally Posted by Xemozu
    you awake as a baby, i mean when you re born, and i dont think that anyone can remember things from the 1 2 or 3 months of age.
    Yes, but if you had a past life, you'd remember it. The first 3 months of your life have nothing to do with the 70-odd years you had before you were born again. You wouldn't just lose that memory.
    no no, i dont mean that, check: you re born, you live for 70 years (if you eated an italian bmt from subway then 80 or maybe more) and you die, then you awake up as a babie, u can remember what happened in that life, but u cant tell it to anybody because u dunno how to talk, and when u get to the 6 or 7 years u will forgot that life that u had ago, because no one remembers things from the 1 or 2 years of age
    by the way... what a nice sig baha.

\Well, this is like the brain in a jar theorie that popped up a while ago. That's a good question, because I've had dreams before that seem exactly like real ife. Except the part about waking up as a baby... It doesn't make sense because your talking about going from as non-life stance to a life stance perpetually, which is impossible. Anyways, either way it isn't true, I don't believe >.>
    I'm gay.

Jon
    Fanatic Enthusiast

I always think about this from time to time. Like once your dead you just wake up and continue living without knowing a thing.

its pretty ridiculus, but hey we arnt even beginning to understand what the meaning of life is, and the point of our universe so who knows.
    In memory of Shane and Sarah

sometimes i think that when we die our souls live but are put in another body, memory is part of the brain, not soul. therefore it might make sense but maybe not.

the dream theory is equivalent to my soul theory too, we might just be dreaming this whole thing up, BUT how come we dream? we can't dream a dream.

ow my head

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast