Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rant About Life

Rant About Life

Well, today I was thinking pretty deeply, after watching one of my favorite movies. I philosophised about the continuing schedule we follow, and the mold we seem to create for ourselves, or moreover, is created for us.

Every government wants it's citizens to be at their utmost efficiency. We, as kids, are given a strict schedule to follow throughout our lives. It is as follows;

We are born. Brought out into our lives by a supporter, or supporters. They raise us and teach us the basics of life, mainly, freedom, speech, and obedience. When we hit the age of five (or six, depending on our competence and growth level) we are introduced into the life of school. It is an adventure for most. We make friends, elarn new things, and have fun. We then go through the rigors of grade school. We learn to read, write, think logically, do arithmatic, and, for most, play sports. When we hit 7th grade (or 6th, depending on where you live) you are thrust into the fast paced, unmerciful life of middle school (or junior high, again, depending on where you live). We then experience our first real dealings with a schedule. We are introduced to the continuum of set classes, and an early wake up time. We are given many things to do for homework, and are sometimes overwhelmed. And bang, high school. An even deepening schedule, along with work. If you do sports, you no longer have what normal people call a " Free Life". Your schedule is completely dominated, leaving only small parts of the weekends for free time, which is also stripped sometimes because of essays, reports, etc. We then graduate, go to trade school, 4 year colledges, or just go dtraight into work. We pick a career, and stick with it until we turn 70 years old. We then lay around all day and knit, because we have alot of money, and very little to do with it because of heaklth problems. We die "happily" with our spouse, and our children sell what is left of our belongings to pay for a funeral.

What have we accomplished? how have we changed the world? what exciting thing have we done? nothing.

Life today isn't about ebing something bigger than you think you can be. It isn't about adventure, or fun. It in't even about love anymore. Everything sweet and simple has been stripped from ythe government. We have 2nd graders learning chinese history. We have middle school children with 2 hours of homework each night.

My point is, simply this; We are rigged and programmed, even brainwashed, form the day that we are born to be something someone esle wants us to be. We want to be a CEO, a spaceman, a president' We end up working at a dead-end job, sitting all day at a computer. What have wedone that is purposeful, other than add to the growing population of corporate robots? I hate my life, simply because it is too routine. If I even took 2 weeks out of my life to do something special, I would probably fail a class or two, lose my job, or lose my reputaion.

Tell me what you think, because I sure as hell am bored with myself >.>
    I'm gay.

I think about this exact thing every day of my life. Noone understands why I don't do my school work, or why I never try in school, but this is the reason.

I can't believe how many brainwashed people there are around me, but I force myself to try. It's very reassuring to know someone else thinks the same way, and my lover, nonetheless! lol jk

By the way, what movie is that?
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect. ~Mark Twain

Click the animation above to visit.

Enthusiast
    wow, this is the perfect example of why i dont do schoolwork and such. Its like your reading my mind >_> Get out of my head!
    [center:2n8115hn][/center:2n8115hn]

lol, well, I'm glad soemone agees with me. Ogrilla, the movie is he count of monte cristo.
    And I am nonetheless glad to be your lover >.>

And I still force myself to do schoolwork... and I don't know why... I mean, there is no point to it. I don't want to be an accountant. I don't want to be an underappreciated artist. But there are few choices left...... I just hate shitty organized politics >.> old fat men, who drive porsches, decide my future. It's gay.
    I'm gay.

Jon
    Fanatic Enthusiast

It's just a fact of life bud.

Btw, not doing your school work aint gonna help the situation, neither will not going to school (trust me on that one), It'll just make it worse.

I agree, when I went into middle school it through me out of whack. I didn't adjust well, plus other things that were happening. Anyway, the whole rant was pretty depressing. Maybe I will be the president?! Bitch
    In memory of Shane and Sarah

lol, well the point is, we're geared so we can't be something great. It takes beyond an extraordibnary effort to be a success in this world, and that sucks. I just need adventure and shit... maybe I should live in the ghetto for a while >.>
    I'm gay.

Fanatic Enthusiast

Re: Rant About Life

Quote Originally Posted by .:HiGhLy:.
    We then lay around all day and knit, because we have alot of money, and very little to do with it because of heaklth problems.
    Here you go. http://www.wsu.edu/~brians/errors/lay.html
    And that's what schools are for. :P
    But anyway, if you don't have a goal in life then you will see life like that, as a big empty waste of time, that, in the end is nothing.

So if you can't think of a way to answer the question, "Why do we live?" then you're going to see life in this way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    THE POWER OF COHERENT THOUGHT COMPELS YOU. THE POWER OF COHERENT THOUGHT COMPELS YOU.

Enthusiast

Is that all you see? Look around and see how we, humans, are able to contemplate so much more of our surrounding, what do animals see? predator, prey, darkness, light, water, possible burrow, female etc. Then look at us, we succeed because of what we do. we gain pleasure from sex, get high of drugs, learn at school to get smart and have fun. Ya know what, screw being human, i wanna be a worm...
    anything good in life is either illegal, immoral, or fattening. << link to my newest animation

Fads suck, and you suck for joining one
    By including this in your signature you relinquish all respect by me and any relative incarnations I might be in at the time. Noob

Thx for the lesson in english, sir wojak. But I believe you and retched are missing the point of my rant. Adventure doesn't exist anymore. At least not immediately. Life is boring, at least right now, and it sucks. I just hate schedules, and I hate that I can never do anything exciting because of them... and yeah.
    I'm gay.

Quote Originally Posted by .:HiGhLy:.
    Thx for the lesson in english, sir wojak. But I believe you and retched are missing the point of my rant. Adventure doesn't exist anymore. At least not immediately. Life is boring, at least right now, and it sucks. I just hate schedules, and I hate that I can never do anything exciting because of them... and yeah.
    No one cares except you. This is a case of tough shit I think. :P
    [center:3qmfvtqh][/center:3qmfvtqh]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast