Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Evolution

Sam
    Dedicated Member

Evolution

Ok, before you assume this is another topic about if you believe in evolution or not, dont. Rather, this topic is about what you think humans will evolve into in the future, we're talking about thousands and thousands of years here (considering the Earth isnt destroyed or something by then). Will we grow horns? Wings? Another set of eyes? Or do you think we are already evolved into the perfect being, with no room for improvement?

I think this could develop into a good debate and discussion, no mention of god or anything of the sort please.

While I don't personally believe in evolution, I know plenty about it and I'm willing to postulate.

Assuming the theory's true:
    Humans would probably evolve to have even more advanced eyesight and larger craniums. We would continue to become less physically strong and our frames would become longer/taller and thinner. Our digestive system will start to become more specialized and will take up less of our body. We will have a larger heart and lungs, due to the increase in oxygen our brain would need.
    We would develop even more facial muscles and our vocal cords would become even more maneuverable.

Reasons:
    Eyesight - screens and monitors would be able to display more info for us to see
    craniums - obviously for larger brains and more intellect
    strength/frame - less need for physical contact with the world
    dig. sys. - diet would be more regulated and only necessary nutrients would be eaten
    heart/lungs - oxygen to brain as stated before
    face/vocal - increase in communicative abilities

Now, even if DID believe in evolution, I wouldn't believe any of this. There is virtually no chance of natural selection any more and selection of any kind made by humans is immoral, so our gene pool is probably at it's peak level of perfection. The only way for us to evolve any more is for the world pop. to select certain people to travel to mars, and then those martian humans would further select each other, becoming a new species and leaving us stagnant homo sapiens here on earth.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect. ~Mark Twain

Click the animation above to visit.

Well, being physically strong has nothing to do with how much we evolve, rather, by individual decision. And I think we will evolve (assuming evolution is true, which it isn't) to live longer, be more physically fit, and breath easier. Of course, that is assuming that all of the obese people die in the McDonalds crusade of 2364, and only the fit people are left... and yeah
    I'm gay.

Enthusiast
    There are a number of different courses that humans might follow. Here is one:
    Present day - Future cold war - Nuclear bombs explode, wiping out most humans - the few who survive would have to cope with:

Sun exposure, as a result of a reduced ozone layer - - - - - - - - White fur? =/
    Radiation exposure - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Stronger retinias, as radioation targets the eyes, also stronger gums and immune system
    Reduced plant life - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Human stomachs would have to cope with eating rougher food
    Lack of electricity, the time it takes to rebuild the whole power system if the world would be a long time, besides there are not enough rescources - - - - We would go back to a more 'stone age' way of living.

So there you are, one possible future outcome
    [/code]
    keep shtum.

Well, that is assuming there is a nuclear war.... Which I tihnk is completely possible. What will ahppen is some country (probably north korea) will launch all of their bombs at otehr countries, the otehr countries will find out about it, and then feck it and shoot their bombs everywhere. And yeah, I agree with the white fur part, but not about the less plant life. Their will be less life in general, so we will be forced to have less food, not a rougher diet (possibly both).
    I'm gay.

I don't believe our brain will get bigger or anything, we don't use enough of it as it is.

I think our eyes will definantly change due to the fact that we spend most of our time looking at computers and shit. I think our bodies will change due to lack of work(lolol fatness) But mostly I think our lungs will change due to pollution. I think perhaps our lungs will make us able to benefit off of the pollution, rather than get diseases and such.
    I think we will get bigger webs on our hands and feet, along with long toes and fingers.

Yeah, that's all.

Dedicated Member
    Assuming Oozone goes away our skin will defintaly evolve to help prevent radadition posioning in our body since radiation is become more of a problem our skin is mostlikely addapteing already we will also grow smarter. Considering what we currently evoolved from we got smarter

614th post on 2/24 2:14

well my firts theory is , nothing
    global warming is gunna kick our ass =/

but being poistively
    i think we may all eb brains , with electronical bodies , simply becuase of how muhc the techinolgy is devoloping.

Quote Originally Posted by limped
    I don't believe our brain will get bigger or anything, we don't use enough of it as it is.

I think our eyes will definantly change due to the fact that we spend most of our time looking at computers and shit. I think our bodies will change due to lack of work(lolol fatness) But mostly I think our lungs will change due to pollution. I think perhaps our lungs will make us able to benefit off of the pollution, rather than get diseases and such.
    I think we will get bigger webs on our hands and feet, along with long toes and fingers.

Yeah, that's all.
    Webbed hands and feet, dosent that mean devoloution? (seenas we evolved from fish)

I belive two small air "pockets" will for inside the human nose - this will store air and let us breathe through things we usually couldent, also increasing our time to hold breathe by 3 times.
    I agree with Ogorilla - Our brains will increase, or perhaps, become more adaptable meaning instead of only using half of the brain, we could use the whole thing. although, i do not belive that we will lose strength, we may lose the need for some muscles, or gain some more. In other cases, if the overwhelming size of the brain isnt enough already, when it grows, our bodies might have to learn to cope with the shear weight, surley meaing that we will end up leaning over or gaining a second set of legs.

Either way it happens, im sure we'll look different ^^

Veteran Enthusiast BEER BEER STRONG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WRZЪK
    i think we may all eb brains , with electronical bodies , simply becuase of how muhc the techinolgy is devoloping.
    Thats actually an interesting thought. Any evolution up until this point (if it did exist) has mainly occured a while ago. I get the feeling that our love of new things and technology may hinder our ability to evolve naturally. For instance, if the ozone layer is destroyed, scientists will try to create technology that would protect us from it. Well, tthats evolutions job. So I'm gonna say that we won't evolve any further, man will try to replicate everything evolution would do naturally.

However, non-protective evolution (for the sole purpose of being more productive) is pretty impossible to guess. We are constantly changing (as a society) and so are our needs. Who knows what we'll need to adapt to work better...
    [center:16hbm10o]

He lost all his friends
    He didn't need his friends
    He lived with his mother and repeated himself[/center:16hbm10o]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast