Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
    Pat

Life On Earth [Debate]

Okay Here's a debate for you, pick a side and post an argument
    Topic

Is life on earth doomed to end or will we one day fly away from it and live on different planets and galaxy's. Will science fiction become actual science or are we doomed to die on Earth when natural supplies are depleted.

Enthusiast

Hmm, I'm pretty sure that people will figure out a way to live on other planets, unless there are no really habitable ones close to here. But even then we'd probably find a better means of space travel and figure out a way into another solar system and whatnot. In short I think that we'll keep developing and will not be doomed.

[add me @ jjknox@gmail.com]

what jeff said, but I don't think we'll be able to leave in mass until we figure out light or faster than light travel.
    I'm gay.

=

well considering in billions of years the sun will destroy the earth. we've got no choice but to consider that fact of living on other planets.

Dedicated Member
    The earth is doomed to die, thats why Uso's are leaving earth. Uso's are unidefified submerged objects. I belive on day we will need to leave our solar system for another.

614th post on 2/24 2:14

Dedicated Member
    looking at several different erotica sites lol
    Ya by the time when the sun goes supernova we'll probally be gone to another solar system. Or when the earth's supply of food and water is depleted, we'll find another solar system.
    Mankind must end war, or war will end mankind.
    BTW CHECK OUT MAI FLASH THREAD!
    CLICK ON Meh!!!

Dedicated Member
    The only problem with making a shuttle to another solar system would be the amount of time it would take to get there. If Einstein's theories are correct, faster than light travel is an impossibility, as our mass would get perpetually larger until it engulfed all the universe. And aside from that we have no way of terraforming a planet to make it livable for humans.

And even if we accomplish all that, the manner of travel is crucial. In order to hold the equipment, the people, and everything else we would need a MASSIVE means of transportation. It would be like launching Manhattan into space. We would need a giant biodome because it would be a long trip. We would have to grow food, feed livestock, and have a habitable environment. We would need cargo holds twice the size of the largest football stadiums. The amount of resources going into that project would be enormous. And theres a chance of burning up upon entry to our designated planet, or not even making it out of Earth's atmosphere.

So until we can do that. No, man will stay earthbound.
    =Those inflatable globes are dangerous, sent several people to hospital with one. Just another proof that RE is not only wrong, but deadly!
    Another victory for FE!
    EARTH IS FLAT!

Quote Originally Posted by Baha
    Baha: I'm actually proud of this post. 100% pure, awesome philosophy post quality. Carry on.
    Oh ya I'm loved...Too bad it isn't the philosophy forum anymore.

considering in the last 200 years the face of the planet has changed compltely, I believe in a billion years suspended animation and unlimited energy will be possible. and this thread is a huge bump... lockage?
    I'm gay.

Enthusiast
    I think that we may not have to transport to a different solar
    system, we may find some way find some way to perpetuate
    the earth the opposite directin from the sun. It may take alot
    of planning. BUT HEY! In the 1700's they thought it was impossible
    for man to go and return from space... So in theory we HAVE done
    the impossible. And this achievement stands on earths past for ever.
    So why not?

We've done the impossible before
    My Thread

CHUCKNORRIS.

=

it cant be impossible if we've already done it.